Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
Sugar's ZL1
Ron and Sugar

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 Vert A6
Makes me scared to start more, by the way I love your photos as well.
http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Grapevine.gif

I Love My 08 Pek a Poo
Sugar's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Lookin good love the tail lamps
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar's ZL1 View Post
Love what you are doing, got mine back from the wrapper last evening. Full body wrap of XPEL Utimate.
Gotta see! Post a pic for me, full body wrap, that's not cheap, but Wow that's the Best paint protection possible!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
Normagene

Did the Strut Bar in Dark Gray, the Bolts and Fuse Box cover in Red. Returning the Reverse Light Bezels. Black aluminum look really nice, but were too shiny so I Plasti-dipped them matte black. But the fit was horrible. And they just won't stick, yes I properly prepped, but one corner would come off then the other side or the top then bottom. Opened the garage and the one on the passengers side was hanging off.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373139915.498886.jpg
Views: 2147
Size:  171.8 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373139925.564725.jpg
Views: 2209
Size:  187.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373139938.183703.jpg
Views: 2270
Size:  248.3 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373139953.850830.jpg
Views: 2182
Size:  173.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373139966.454791.jpg
Views: 2237
Size:  198.6 KB
Old 07-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Looking good,
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #20
Normagene

Received my RX Dual Check Valve Catch Can today! Hope to get it installed tomorrow. Still trying to work out a couple issues with the hose going to the Roto Fab CAI "T". Fitting is a different size, catch can is 3/8th and the CAI is 1/4. Anyway I'm getting closer.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
Normagene

Catch can install is Done! Received with the wrong bracket and not enough hose, but once I had all the parts on hand the install took about 15 minutes. Had to order from JEGs a hose Connector Reducer because the Roto Fab CAI "T" is 1/2 inch and the RX Catch Can is 3/8th. So I needed a foot of 1/2 inch hose to go from the CAI "T" to the Reducer and already had used all the supplied hose on the first two connections. So I bought an extra two feet of 3/8th which ended up being perfect. Here's a diagram of the connections I did and then some pictures of the install. I installed it on the threaded hole in the crossmember brace at the bottom of the radiator instead of to the radiator shroud. It just looks cleaner to me and doesn't stand out, sort of hidden. Used the upper most bracket position so I still have plenty of room to open/close the drain. Still need two Black Zip Ties, had to temporarily use white.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Two questions:

Whose rock guards are those?

Where did you buy the valve stem caps?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Two questions:

Whose rock guards are those?

Where did you buy the valve stem caps?
The Rock Guards I got from One-Bad-ZL1, I think it was like $40 and the stem caps I got from chevymall they were on sale , but I don't remember the price. The Rock Guards/Jay came up with clips that work really good, that plus the doublesided tape. I definitely recommend them, nice quality and great price.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
Normagene

RX Catch Can pics:
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373735997.634781.jpg
Views: 1918
Size:  203.5 KB
The can is pretty much hidden
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736027.172320.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  204.2 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373736035.925836.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  198.2 KB
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
Normagene

Yesterday my husband attempted to install the JDP Colored Halo Light Kit. Well that quickly turned into a Nightmare. Not being a "car guy" and not ever having really worked on cars before, that coupled with not having the proper equipment and tools, needless to say that when I went out to see how it was going I almost fainted. He had the front wheels up on all kinds of pieces of wood, then crawled under to remove the belly pan with the underbody pressing him down, no extra room whatsoever.

But when I saw him try to jack up the side and the jack Popped Out, down came the car right onto the body side molding which crushed, and luckily didn't have any permanent damage, I then said STOP. That's it your done, we don't have the proper place (outside in the driveway) or tools and equipment to do this job. Then I looked at the two jack stands he had that were definitely not meant to hold this kind of weight.

So the lights, which I would absolutely love to have installed, are on hold. Looked into getting a shop install, but the cheapest was just under $100 per hour, so that would make the lights way way too expensive. Couldn't find any shop that has experience in this install so shop time would easily be in the three to four hour range. Couldn't even find a shop that has removed the front fascia on a ZL1.

I did take a picture of my husbands idea of how to raise the car, but first I immediately went in and paid this months Life Insurance Bill. Not being a car guy he had absolutely no trouble installing the sequential taillights, side markers, Roto Fab Cold Air Intake, and even the Catch Can. But this install was too much for his/our novice skill level.

And wouldn't you know it, the Noweeds came in yesterday as well. He said that's going to be an easy install, just needs some good quality jack stands. I'm nervous about this one a lot because he will be underneath the car for almost the entire install. I've seen it come down once already. I'm worried, I may pay for the shop time on this one. A shop could get it cut and mounted in an hour or so and then we could run the wiring and finish the install.

Sure wish I knew some real "car guys" that could lend a hand. Anybody in the Plymouth Mass area! I almost feel like yelling HELP!

See if I can post a pic, my tapatalk isn't working so not sure I can post yesterday's "Death Defying" pic. Unable to post the picture, sorry.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #26
Normagene

Okay, my Tapatalk is up and running again, so here's the photo I'll call "Death Defying" cause this was way crazy dangerous and unsafe. Not having the proper place/tools/equipment well the results could be disaster of grave consequences.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373980503.719680.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  167.6 KB
Old 07-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #27
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Normagene, I am sorry you had to experience this traumatic event! I don't blame your near heart attack with the car sitting on random wood blocks! If I were closer, I would be glad to help you install these. For the record, you don't have to have the car off the ground to remove the front fascia. The first time I did mine, it sat on the floor in the garage. I just found taking the front wheels makes it easier. The good thing is that all of the screws that need to be removed to remove the fascia are all along the front edge of the car and the entire belly pan does not need to come off.

Did you at least get the DRL harness installed? That only takes a few minutes by turning your wheels to the left, removing 3 screws and plugging in the harness.

Also, I would not recommend installing the Noweeds system with the car on jacks. If I were you I would find a friend with a car lift, or find a local shop to help you install it. Again, if you were local I would be happy to help (so I could practice on your car instead of mine). Ha!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #28
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Normagene, I am sorry you had to experience this traumatic event! I don't blame your near heart attack with the car sitting on random wood blocks! If I were closer, I would be glad to help you install these. For the record, you don't have to have the car off the ground to remove the front fascia. The first time I did mine, it sat on the floor in the garage. I just found taking the front wheels makes it easier. The good thing is that all of the screws that need to be removed to remove the fascia are all along the front edge of the car and the entire belly pan does not need to come off.

Did you at least get the DRL harness installed? That only takes a few minutes by turning your wheels to the left, removing 3 screws and plugging in the harness.

Also, I would not recommend installing the Noweeds system with the car on jacks. If I were you I would find a friend with a car lift, or find a local shop to help you install it. Again, if you were local I would be happy to help (so I could practice on your car instead of mine). Ha!
Thanks Matt, really the front fascia can come off that easily, my husband looked in the wheelwell and the liner had all kinds of screws that needed to be removed to pull it back, and its not flimsy so do you end up creasing it. He did say that the belly pan has like three or four screws that are connected to the spoiler, but he removed it to get it on jack stands. I'll let him know he can do this flat on the ground. I don't want to put him in danger, and no he didn't get to the harness, the stress level had peaked and it was time to put it back together and put everything away for the day. The Noweeds we think we can afford some shop time, just have them do the cut and install, drill the hole and from there we can do the rest which is basically fish the wires to the seat, plug in all the connections, test the controls and put the seat back in, mount the switch panel and should be good to go! We'll try to keep the shop time to a minimum. Anyway Mart, thanks for your support, you always have excellent advise. Thanks, I really mean that, and I'm definitely trying to get the look of your car because it is by far the BEST LOOKING ZL1 I've ever seen!