Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Angry CAMARO RENTAL???

Is there NO ONE in the Central Valley renting Camaros anymore??? Unbelievable. I hear about people walking into places and just renting an SS by mistake, but can't even find a single LS ANYWHERE between Madera and Bakersfield? WTF???

And how come the people answering the phones always turn into jerks as soon as I ask for the car?

/rant. Gawddammit.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Check rental places near the closest commercial airport to you, that should help you finding a SS.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Is there NO ONE in the Central Valley renting Camaros anymore??? Unbelievable. I hear about people walking into places and just renting an SS by mistake, but can't even find a single LS ANYWHERE between Madera and Bakersfield? WTF???

And how come the people answering the phones always turn into jerks as soon as I ask for the car?

/rant. Gawddammit.
cause they are thinking man this guy just wants to look cool and drive a new camaro well poo on themmmm
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
Check rental places near the closest commercial airport to you, that should help you finding a SS.
Very true. Airport was actually the first place I checked... Made calls to every rental chain in Fresno, Madera, Visalia, and even effing Bakersfield and still got nothing, not even an LS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
cause they are thinking man this guy just wants to look cool and drive a new camaro well poo on themmmm
Yeah seriously. They can suggit
Pretty bummed, my girl's going to be disappointed- were going to take it to Monterey for her birthday, but looks like we're going to be stuck in something lame :(

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 05-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Very true. Airport was actually the first place I checked... Made calls to every rental chain in Fresno, Madera, Visalia, and even effing Bakersfield and still got nothing, not even an LS...

Yeah seriously. They can suggit
Pretty bummed, my girl's going to be disappointed- were going to take it to Monterey for her birthday, but looks like we're going to be stuck in something lame :(
Yeah, rental places blow! 2008, I went back home (mid-west) and specifically had rented a New Mustang... because I wanted to see what it drove like. I get there, and all the 'stangs on their lot were turn-ins... they didn't have a single one available. I got stuck in an eclipse... which was ok, but I'd never buy one. I wanted to test out the Mustang for a week, in case the Camaro wasn't going to be produced.

Edit: After reading a thread yesterday (took forever to read... you might know the thread) all about Manufacturers dumping cars in rental places, I kinda hope GM stops that practice... or limits it. Not good for the Manufacturer in the long run, and not good for their product.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Dude, you can borrow mine, no joke
Old 05-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliEMT View Post
Dude, you can borrow mine, no joke
Cali, you're awesome man, I really appreciate the offer. The smallest scratch on your baby and I would literally feel like I had run over someone's child. Thanks a million for the offer though, seriously

Old 05-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
J4R3D

Drives: '11 5.0 Order Canceled...
I checked all the rental places in 93940 and it seems there are no camaro's available. Either Avis sold there stock of v6 camaro's or there rented out for a lonnnnng time.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #9
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4R3D View Post
I checked all the rental places in 93940 and it seems there are no camaro's available. Either Avis sold there stock of v6 camaro's or there rented out for a lonnnnng time.
Yeah, alot of them aren't even carrying the car anymore. I was able to find ONE location that had ONE single Camaro LT, and it was rented out the first time I called, and when I called back the next day to see if t had been returned- it had. And rented out again until Tuesday. :bangdesk:

Avis has a huge picture of it on their website with big lettering that says "RENT A CAMARO"...

False advertisement, they need to drop it.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #10
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Cali, you're awesome man, I really appreciate the offer. The smallest scratch on your baby and I would literally feel like I had run over someone's child. Thanks a million for the offer though, seriously
Lol,
I would to.
So you ok? Dont wanna borrow it?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:40 AM   #11
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Maybe call the corporate offices first, rather then going to each pisshole agency.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I havent tried to rent tem for a while but my guess is the cars are coming to the end of their rentalble life cycle. Most probably got them about a year ago and now it is time to dump them. Rental companies usually only keep cars about a year for several reasons.... #1 the car still has some value. #2 the mileage should be fairly reasonable, and #3... the cars are in fairly good condition all leading to #4... no one wants to rent an older, high mileage, worn out car.

SO... I am guessing the feel the hooplah is over and now they are moving them b/c I bet they are not their best rental. Maybe they are waiting on an allotment of 2011s? Who knows... one thing I do know is a few weeks ago there were rental Camaros ALL OVER Vegas. I know that doesnt help you Revo but I think they are still out there somewhere...

Good luck and maybe you should take that guy up on the offer... i am sure (as is he I am sure) you would respect it as it was yours... which by a lot of your posts you are very passionate!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

OK everyone, last ditch effort yielded results! We just headed down to the airport on a whim and a prayer, and discovered Enterprise to be liars- they has one VR (the color we wanted) 1LT, but refused to rent it to us (despite the fact that we were there 20 min prior to opening time) becuase it was "already reserved". Now they had declined to allow me to reserve that car in the past, and told me this time that they didn't even HAVE any.

National had one CGM 1LT on their lot, and we waited 1.5 hours for them to open, and first in line, we finally landed one!

Here is the happy camper driving it home, and now we're off to Monterey! Thanks everyone for the help, and CaliEMT, thanks again so much for the extremely generous offer! You're a braver man than I!
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
OK everyone, last ditch effort yielded results! We just headed down to the airport on a whim and a prayer, and discovered Enterprise to be liars- they has one VR (the color we wanted) 1LT, but refused to rent it to us (despite the fact that we were there 20 min prior to opening time) becuase it was "already reserved". Now they had declined to allow me to reserve that car in the past, and told me this time that they didn't even HAVE any.

National had one CGM 1LT on their lot, and we waited 1.5 hours for them to open, and first in line, we finally landed one!

Here is the happy camper driving it home, and now we're off to Monterey! Thanks everyone for the help, and CaliEMT, thanks again so much for the extremely generous offer! You're a braver man than I!

Congrats! This proves 2 things true...

1) Persistence is the key! You kept at it, and you got (almost) exactly what you desired... a very happy girl!

2) Revo1 has earned from Camaro5. I wasn't brave enough to make the offer... but I'm sure there were more than a few of us who would pass you our keys without a bit of hesitation!

Ok, and 3rd) Camaros rule!

Have a great time in Monterey... going to be a beautiful weekend!