Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Pedders is Now in Hawaii!!

We have been working on finding a Pedders dealer in Hawaii, and have finally found the right shop:

Chance Customs
2001-C Kahai Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
Francis Sua
http://www.chancecustoms.com
sales@chancecustoms.com.

It is planned to send me to Hawaii to supervise a series of installs and to have a Pedders Day. We will be looking for a GTO do to a system there. The Pedders Day, with me there for the mods, are hoping to be sometime in January.

Anyone in Hawaii interested?

mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 12-12-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Still looking for some Camaros for certification in Hawaii

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post

thanks
mike
dms
Did you try posting in the Hawaii thread?
Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=14536&page=17
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #4
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:

thanks
mike
dms
Im assuming you need camaros to certify them as installers of your products? More details on what happens would be appreciated. Im hoping to receive mine soon.
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKNlo View Post
Im assuming you need camaros to certify them as installers of your products? More details on what happens would be appreciated. Im hoping to receive mine soon.
the optimal system we are looking to put in under my supervision, is a TrackII system. This involves either drop coils or our Xa coil overs, sway bars front and rear, a ton of bushings, and our alignment enhancing kit.

To learn about the Camaro and what Pedders can do, and why we do it, you should spend some time on our educational page for the Camaro:

I think this is the best explanation and description of the Camaro suspension there is and should answer a lot of questions, and hopefully create some as well.

Discounts will apply of coarse to this event.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
the optimal system we are looking to put in under my supervision, is a TrackII system. This involves either drop coils or our Xa coil overs, sway bars front and rear, a ton of bushings, and our alignment enhancing kit.
Discounts will apply of coarse to this event.

thanks
mike
dms
Mike,

Thanks for the info per my call. I spoke to Frank and he will be contacting you regarding follow-up questions he couldn't answer regarding installation and logistics.

Still looking at Extreme Street II+ if I can swing it over Xa Street. Will know better when shipping and allignment costs are factored in.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the info per my call. I spoke to Frank and he will be contacting you regarding follow-up questions he couldn't answer regarding installation and logistics.

Still looking at Extreme Street II+ if I can swing it over Xa Street. Will know better when shipping and allignment costs are factored in.
shipping costs looks to be approx 9% average for the retail price. We will also give a 10% off parts, plus if Francis and the guys do the install, there will be a 10% off labor. If I know exactly what you want, I can tell you what the prices will be, less your sales tax there.

mike
dms
Old 12-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
sting808

Quote:
shipping costs looks to be approx 9% average for the retail price. We will also give a 10% off parts, plus if Francis and the guys do the install, there will be a 10% off labor. If I know exactly what you want, I can tell you what the prices will be, less your sales tax there.

mike
dms
Will PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Poor Mike... HAS to go to Hawaii and work in the middle of winter... I feel for ya bro
Old 12-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Poor Mike... HAS to go to Hawaii and work in the middle of winter... I feel for ya bro
this is for sure a sweet assignment. But do not underestimate how much work it is. There will normally be very little to no personal time available.

But it is always one of my most enjoyable things to do is to train a new company, and shoot the bull with 100s of enthusiasts.

mike
dms
Old 12-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
sting808

Mike,

Please confirm pricing, labor, and logistics with Francis.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Mike,

Please confirm pricing, labor, and logistics with Francis.

Thanks.
chatted with Francis today.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #13
sting808

Mike,

I spoke to Francis. Thanks for the clarification. Will any of the inserts or full bushing require grease after extended time? My 4x4 trucks needed greasing here and there due to the wet tropical weather in Hawaii. Sway bars would squeak over speed bumps, etc. The newer kits have grease zerks. I hate squeaks. I didn't see grease zerks on the swaybarB pictures.

I'm looking at Extreme Street II+ or XA Street(and do swaybars myself later). I'm guessing you'll need to press out the radius rod bushings so home install may be harder for me.

Comments on any squeak or grease maintenance with the Pedders parts?

Also, are the dampening strut rebuildable or replaceable? Or do I just increase dampening over time to compensate wear and tear?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #14
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Mike,

I spoke to Francis. Thanks for the clarification. Will any of the inserts or full bushing require grease after extended time? My 4x4 trucks needed greasing here and there due to the wet tropical weather in Hawaii. Sway bars would squeak over speed bumps, etc. The newer kits have grease zerks. I hate squeaks. I didn't see grease zerks on the swaybarB pictures.

I'm looking at Extreme Street II+ or XA Street(and do swaybars myself later). I'm guessing you'll need to press out the radius rod bushings so home install may be harder for me.

Comments on any squeak or grease maintenance with the Pedders parts?

Also, are the dampening strut rebuildable or replaceable? Or do I just increase dampening over time to compensate wear and tear?

Thanks
Our bushings have a knurled style finish where the ferrules go in to entrap grease. On GTO and on the LX, there were ` set of bushings that we have had to relube in seriously hot areas like Phoenix and Las Vegas where temps can get into the 120 degree range. But if properly lubed, we do not expect this issue in Hawaii. The Camaro noise issues posted by Moderator, had noised related to the BMR link arms and not the Pedders bushngs.

OUr Xas will be rebuildable. But we expect the life expectancy to be seriously high on them. Our bushings for the sway bars have never been noted to make noise.

thanks
mike
dms