Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #463
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Great hp numbers for only 3psi. But ya torque needs to be addressed
We will be starting on the fixes soon. My upcoming schedule is looking crazy. Me and Tracy are going back and forth almost daily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What kind of AFRs were you seeing?
We were seeing 13-14's and 17 for a quick flash. The tune really needs to be tweaked now that the exhaust leaks are fixed. And not running any Meth hurt my runs also. But Tracy is doing is best to fix things as we progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
This is a pretty solid # for just 3psi. Thanks for sharing, C-Me. There's a ton of potential there. Just imagine what she'll do at 8-10psi. Hopefully you be hitting low 13's high 12' next week.
Will get there soon
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #464
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #465
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
We were seeing 13-14's and 17 for a quick flash. The tune really needs to be tweaked now that the exhaust leaks are fixed. And not running any Meth hurt my runs also. But Tracy is doing is best to fix things as we progress.
That's really lean. Was it consistently that lean, just spiking that lean, or going lean after a certain RPM?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #466
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
That's really lean. Was it consistently that lean, just spiking that lean, or going lean after a certain RPM?
No not that lean always, now that the turbo's spool at 100% it is everywhere. But never gets higher than 14, except that one pull when we seen 17.1 and that's when we stopped. BUT this place is a Mazda RX specialty shop, so I'm guessing the dyno was off also. The first pull they realized it was set up for a RX-7 run. But they redid it and that's where the big numbers popped up. I need to get this log to Vince to clean things up alil more. Then I will redyno at Vengeance, MTI, or HPS which deal with C5's everyday. I think the dyno was a major issue. Also the owner spoke to me yesterday and said that the real numbers were 400rwhp. Don't know how he figured this out unless he knew the runs were ran wrong.

Also I was told to widen the exhaust pipes to 3inch's and straighten out the pipes. That the stock pipes are a HP stealer with a turbo system. So this will be a working progress beyond the tune and TT kit.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #467
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The meth inj progressive controller failed so he has no extra fuel (were running 100% meth) so that was all on the OEM fuel pump......the meth comes on starting at 4 psi and comes on full at 10, so he is running lean as soon as it comes on he is lean. New controoler on the way.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #468
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
The meth inj progressive controller failed so he has no extra fuel (were running 100% meth) so that was all on the OEM fuel pump......the meth comes on starting at 4 psi and comes on full at 10, so he is running lean as soon as it comes on he is lean. New controller on the way.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #469
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Nice dyno man. You can really tell that the tq is low just from the sound
Old 04-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #470
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
There is a video of a new dyno of the IPF system up....240-250 rwtq also I think if you look close?
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #471
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I thought I saw in the video it was 300/245
Old 04-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #472
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
No not that lean always, now that the turbo's spool at 100% it is everywhere. But never gets higher than 14, except that one pull when we seen 17.1 and that's when we stopped. BUT this place is a Mazda RX specialty shop, so I'm guessing the dyno was off also. The first pull they realized it was set up for a RX-7 run. But they redid it and that's where the big numbers popped up. I need to get this log to Vince to clean things up alil more. Then I will redyno at Vengeance, MTI, or HPS which deal with C5's everyday. I think the dyno was a major issue. Also the owner spoke to me yesterday and said that the real numbers were 400rwhp. Don't know how he figured this out unless he knew the runs were ran wrong.

Also I was told to widen the exhaust pipes to 3inch's and straighten out the pipes. That the stock pipes are a HP stealer with a turbo system. So this will be a working progress beyond the tune and TT kit.
If thats true you may want to look at the ARK N2 catback. It's piping is 2.75". Not 3" but a lot better than the 2.25 stockers.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #473
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

I am so ****ing pissed! Vince is going to be out of town till the 30th so no updates for my tune. Hopefully when i take my car to HPS they can tune the Bosch in house. Because this tuning thing is getting ridiculous. I will be at the track this week but scared to run the car as is. It I can get the Meth kit going may run it.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #474
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
I am so ****ing pissed! Vince is going to be out of town till the 30th so no updates for my tune. Hopefully when i take my car to HPS they can tune the Bosch in house. Because this tuning thing is getting ridiculous. I will be at the track this week but scared to run the car as is. It I can get the Meth kit going may run it.
I guess this is the problem with only having one person that will tune our cars for FI.I hope Tracy isnt waiting on a tune for my car.Im really looking forward to getting my car back,would suck if i have to wait an extra 2 weeks waiting on a tune.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #475
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow man I wouldn't run it. Wouldnt want to risk blowing anythig since you paid soo much. It really sucks but I would just hold out and wait for the updated tune. Two weeks is going to suck though. Is it safe to run the way it is now though? Not hard?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #476
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
I guess this is the problem with only having one person that will tune our cars for FI.I hope Tracy isnt waiting on a tune for my car.Im really looking forward to getting my car back,would suck if i have to wait an extra 2 weeks waiting on a tune.
Yeah... as much as a supporter of Vince as I am, shutting down for multiple weeks for vacation is very tough...especially in cases like you where you've spent a large sum of your hard earned money only to be held up for two weeks while someone is on vacation...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote