Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #15
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Update

I was super happy yesterday when we installed the lights because everything worked. Today I start the car and one of the afterburner rings isn't working. Todd from Techno gave me a possible solution that I will try after work. I hope this fixes the problem because I'm not going to have any patience with having to fix problems on a brand new set of $400 lights.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #16
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Hi, I had the same problem w/one ring going out. Very easy fix and no problems since. I used an RM 100 remote switch for my show mode. Just press the on button while sitting in the front seat and then the off button. Only problem I've had with the remote was once I met up w/my husband for dinner and with the remote switch sitting in the Cupholder I placed a large drink on top which inadvertently turned on the show mode. So I'm flying down the hiway and my husband calls to tell me my taillights are going crazy! Yes at night, so it was a good thing the lawman wasn't behind me! Pressed the off button and all was good! Love these lights!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Hi, I had the same problem w/one ring going out. Very easy fix and no problems since. I used an RM 100 remote switch for my show mode. Just press the on button while sitting in the front seat and then the off button. Only problem I've had with the remote was once I met up w/my husband for dinner and with the remote switch sitting in the Cupholder I placed a large drink on top which inadvertently turned on the show mode. So I'm flying down the hiway and my husband calls to tell me my taillights are going crazy! Yes at night, so it was a good thing the lawman wasn't behind me! Pressed the off button and all was good! Love these lights!

That's the same light I'm having issues with. So what did u do to fix it?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Well unfortunately you do have to take the light out, but fortunately it's the inner one cause that outer ones are a pain in the butt. Anyway, once you take it out and unplugged look inside. Take a small screwdriver and push the wires into their connectors. Most likely when I installed mine I pulled one wire loose so it just needed to be pushed back in. Take caution when reinstalling that you don't pinch/pull any of the wires. That's it! You're good to go. Probably 30 minutes tops.

Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
LIyellowSS

Drives: 2012 SS, had 1995 Z28
I installed mine by myself in March, easy 2 hour install. I put the show mode on a switch in the trunk. I get complimented all the time on the lights, their brightness at night and the sequential signals. I never had a problem with the lights draining the battery BUT just the other day I noticed the far right light had moisture in it and 2 lights had bulbs that were not working. A call to phastech and I have to send them back to the manufacturer to have them fixed as they're still under warranty.

Last edited by LIyellowSS; 10-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.
LIyellowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
LIyellowSS

Drives: 2012 SS, had 1995 Z28
Here's a pic, left side has few bulbs out and right side has condensation.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIyellowSS View Post
I installed mine by myself in March, easy 2 hour install. I put the show mode on a switch in the trunk. I get complimented all the time on the lights, their brightness at night and the sequential signals. I never had a problem with the lights draining the battery BUT just the other day I noticed the far right light had moisture in it and 2 lights had bulbs that were not working. A call to phastech and I have to send them back to the manufacturer to have them fixed as they're still under warranty.

that's BS that you have to send the part back to have it fixed under warranty. as expensive as these lights are, they should send u a replacement light then you return the defective one.

as far as my issue goes? I was able to fix my light issue. I hope this is my only issue because I will not have the patience to bandaid fix any future problems.