Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Cool Why wait for the Z, LS9 TVS2300 available now

Sorry if this is a re-post, I just came across this info.

I'm NOT Taking orders, just posting the info

To: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, HUMMER and Pontiac (including MD)

DESCRIPTION:

GM Performance Parts announces the release of the LS9 Supercharger Kit.

THIS KIT IS BEING RELEASED FOR "OFF-ROAD" USE ONLY AND WILL HAVE NO WARRANTY

Name:  tvs2300.jpg
Views: 3362
Size:  12.4 KB

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Currently Available

GENERAL INFORMATION:

The supercharged LS9 is the most powerful production engine ever offered by GM—a company with over a 100-year tradition of building very powerful engines. State-of-the-art supercharging technology is one key to the 6.2L LS9's remarkable performance. This Gen IV V-8 represents the first original-equipment application of Eaton's twin-rotor R2300 supercharger—one of the company's Twin Vortices Series (TVS). The LS9 supercharger displaces 2.3 liters, compared to more conventional superchargers of 1.5 liters or less, and generates maximum boost pressure of 10.5 pounds per square inch (0.72 bar).

The TVS takes supercharging technology to new levels of refinement and efficiency. Each of its two rotors has four distinct lobes, or spiral-shaped vanes that intermesh precisely with those on the other rotor as they spin at high speed. Efficiency gains with the four-lobe rotors are substantial, compared to comparably sized, previous-generation superchargers: approximately 20 percent more airflow, with an improvement in thermal efficiency up to 15 percent.

The R2300 supercharger case and integrated intercooler have been tailored to the space available in the Corvette's engine bay. Despite its relatively large displacement, the supercharger sits neatly atop the 6.2L LS9. The air inlet and drive pulley are located at the front of the case, and the LS9's overall height is only slightly taller than the standard Corvette LS3 V-8.

Integrated Dual-Brick Air-to-Liquid Intercooler

An advanced intercooling system increases the 6.2L LS9's performance and extends its supercharger's benefits. The engine's charge cooler is integrated in the supercharger case just above the rotors, with two air-to-liquid cooling "bricks" that substantially lower the temperature of air used in the combustion process.

It uses two low-profile, aluminum tube-and-fin heat exchangers mounted longitudinally above the rotors in the supercharger case. The bricks are cooled by their own coolant circuit, with a remote pump and 3.62-liter capacity heat exchanger.

Center-Feed Fuel System

The 6.2L LS9's fuel system was developed to deliver adequate fuel volume precisely consistently and quietly. To ensure appropriate fueling in all conditions, GM has equipped the LS9 with a dual- pressure fuel system. The system delivers 250 kPa (about 36 psi) at idle or low speeds. Yet the electronic throttle management system can almost instantaneously increase fuel pressure to 600 kPa for sustained high-speed operation or wide-open throttle. It also ensures adequate fuel delivery when the LS9 demands its maximum flow rate of 58 grams per second.

The LS9 also employs a new center-feed fuel rail that delivers gasoline to the center of the injector rail an each bank. The delivery point is roughly equidistant to each of the injectors, which have a maximum flow rate of 6.52 grams per second at 400 kPa. Fuel pressure variation among the injectors is reduced and so is noise. An 87-mm, single-bore throttle body draws air into the engine. The electronic throttle maps have been optimized for excellent response and modulation in a multitude of driving scenarios.

Heavy-duty Accessory Drive

The supercharger drive is integrated into the main accessory drive system. The LS9's two-belt accessory drive has one belt turning the air conditioning compressor and alternator, and another operating power steering, the water pump and the supercharger. The supercharger requires the most force to turn, so its circuit uses a wider, 11-rib belt.

Part Number: 19244103

MSRP: $7,500

The LS9 Supercharger kit includes:

Intake Manifold Assembly

Ø Supercharger

Ø Throttle Body

Ø Fuel Injectors and Harness

Supercharger Cover/Intercooler

Intake Manifold Gasket

SPECIAL PARTS NOTICE:

GM Performance Parts Warranty does not apply for this part, it is considered a racing part.

This part is being sold for Off-Highway application only. Since the installation of this part may either impair your vehicle emission control performance or be uncertified under the current motor vehicle safety standards, it should not be installed in a vehicle used on any street or highway. Additionally, any such application could adversely affect the warranty coverage on an on-street or highway vehicle.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
well your post just answered the original question of "why wait?" the reason is a warranty. and this is why mustang is the best selling pony car over the last 40 years. see ford racing offers superchargers for thier 5.0 GT and 5.4 GT500 and they come with warranties! when is GM ever going to learn?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
most people are already voiding their warrenties with ECU chips and other mods... so a warrenty isnt important to those people, right?

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
why not wait for the z? I mean some people think the z will only be an engine with a warranty. others know better.

7,500 for just the charger and intercooler? ouch. so we take a 2SS 34,000 add the price of the charger 7,500, plus install. . .what another 1,000, plus engine tuning (350-400). . .it's adding up quickly. and we haven't even touched on any other modifications that might/should be done. and we haven't even touched suspension which is what the Z will also have. . .along with looks. . .and a warranty. . .hmmmm

so roughly 8900-10000 for just a supercharger installed on a 2SS would place it around 45k. interesting. to me it isn't worth it. I'll wait for the Z.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
well your post just answered the original question of "why wait?" the reason is a warranty. ........ see ford racing offers superchargers for thier 5.0 GT and 5.4 GT500 and they come with warranties! when is GM ever going to learn?
Yup, what he said. I know the warranty isn't important to everybody, but it is to me. No warranty, no interest .
Old 08-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Plus not to mention the Z28 will have better brakes and suspension. Actually if you really couldn't wait Callaway makes a nice option with a warranty too!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
The Nickey Super Camaros also have limited warranties.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
The Nickey Super Camaros also have limited warranties.
And how much do they run?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Stage I Starts @ approx $12,600.00

Stage II " " $18,600.00

Stage III " " $42,000.00
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
I'm waiting for the Z.

Come on GM - I'm on your side and I know (wishful thinking) you can do it.......
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
I'm waiting for the Z.

Come on GM - I'm on your side and I know (wishful thinking) you can do it.......
I want a complete package: exterior/interior (as minor as I sure they'll be - no biggie, really); complete powertrain and chassis improvements that will cope with the additional power I believe will be available and be able to put it to the ground. I'm sorry - a supercharger added to an OEM LS3/L99 isn't going to cut it for me. I know there are going to be axles, driveshafts, and differentials that will be stronger, ultimately, but if we get something that will hold up to the power as well as the competition, I'm totally game.

So no - I'd wait

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
Or get the TVS2300 from Magnacharger and have a warranty for much less? I couldn't wait so you know which way I went
Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #13
mondain

Drives: toyota
For me it's because just warrantying the supercharger is not enough. Every bolt, joint, u-joint, driveshaft, gear, and part that a bolt-on supercharger's power flows through is not built for that level of power.

And my guess is GM's drivetrain warranty doesn't cover me just bolting on ~200 more hp.

Unless I get a Z28 that comes with it from the factory, with every part upgraded to handle the power, and everything nicely warrantied by GM. And all I have to do is be patient.

That's why I'm waiting.
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
For me it's because just warrantying the supercharger is not enough. Every bolt, joint, u-joint, driveshaft, gear, and part that a bolt-on supercharger's power flows through is not built for that level of power.

And my guess is GM's drivetrain warranty doesn't cover me just bolting on ~200 more hp.

Unless I get a Z28 that comes with it from the factory, with every part upgraded to handle the power, and everything nicely warrantied by GM. And all I have to do is be patient.

That's why I'm waiting.
Very nicely put. It is tough waiting for this car. But like you said the Z/28 will be a complete package and not just a S/C engine with a warranty. The pictures indicate that they are making a very special car that most likely is still a year or more away from being in my garage. This is where the expression "patience is a virtue" really comes to play. It will be worth the wait, I just know.