Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-25-2016, 10:14 PM   #155
51LE50

Drives: 2015 1LE, 2SS, Bright Yellow
Hambo, I can't find that paperwork right now to find that, but after thinking about it, I didn't look for the EO number.
So, I don't have an answer for you.
I'm getting busy at work, so your local dealership/service department might give you a better answer than I can.
51LE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #156
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51LE50 View Post
Hambo, I can't find that paperwork right now to find that, but after thinking about it, I didn't look for the EO number.
So, I don't have an answer for you.
I'm getting busy at work, so your local dealership/service department might give you a better answer than I can.
No worries, appreciate the info. I called GM Performance Parts to ask, and they said the kit isn't CABR approved. The part # ending in 89 I referenced earlier is just the instruction manual (my bad...) and the "E.O. label" part is supposedly just a new emissions sticker and not an actual CARB E.O. #. [see edit below - update]

Having said that, I doubt you'd ever get busted for running this kit in CA. Would be very hard to detect.

EDIT: The person I spoke with at GM Parts just called me back and said turns out it is a California E.O. sticker that will come with the kit, but that the official kit from GM (that includes all the parts and sticker) still isn't available. His guess was that it would be available for sale with the CARB sticker later this year.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible

Last edited by HAMBO; 04-26-2016 at 12:58 PM.
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:42 PM   #157
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Well, two years later. How are you guys getting on with your heads and LS7 cams? I’m thinking about Xmas gifts for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #158
51LE50

Drives: 2015 1LE, 2SS, Bright Yellow
LS3 upgrade kit

How do I like it? It's great and I would do it again. The car sounds good and really doesn't have any 'bad manners' around town. Really though, it needs long tube headers to take advantage of the flow. It sounds awesome too!

I wanted something I could live with, not just big numbers. At this point I've done a lot of track days and autocrosses as well as running the Silver State Classic and it's not had a single issue.

All that being said and depending on your plans for the car, you may want to check out other cams and/or head options.

And it is now CARB legit too. Win - win

Last edited by 51LE50; 12-01-2018 at 06:21 PM. Reason: to add a comment
51LE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #159
kquinn45

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
I still like the setup, I got long tube headers shortly after and that made a huge difference.
The sound is amazing too, I get compliments all the time. I honestly would not recommend this setup without putting on long tubes, it just really completes it.
kquinn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #160
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51LE50 View Post
How do I like it? It's great and I would do it again. The car sounds good and really doesn't have any 'bad manners' around town. Really though, it needs long tube headers to take advantage of the flow. It sounds awesome too!

I wanted something I could live with, not just big numbers. At this point I've done a lot of track days and autocrosses as well as running the Silver State Classic and it's not had a single issue.

All that being said and depending on your plans for the car, you may want to check out other cams and/or head options.

And it is now CARB legit too. Win - win

Excellent report. I too want the CARB approval and have shorty headers. too bad I just removed my midpipes. They were incredible sounding because they don’t have the resonators like the stock mid pipes. Any ideas on CARB legal mid pipes that don’t throw the CEL light?

Also, may I trouble you for a start up exhaust recording and idle sound? I’d be grateful for that!

Old 12-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #161
CrystalRedTintcoat

LS3 Power Upgrade Kit (From GM; comes with OEM ECU tune!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kquinn45 View Post
I still like the setup, I got long tube headers shortly after and that made a huge difference.
The sound is amazing too, I get compliments all the time. I honestly would not recommend this setup without putting on long tubes, it just really completes it.

What about shorties with mid pipes?

Last edited by CrystalRedTintcoat; 12-03-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #162
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
What about shorties with mid pipes?

Not much power from Shorties but you're in a tough spot in CA.