Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1DREAM View Post
so the automatics are having problems? what are the other indications of trouble with the transmission? I want to know I am considering the automatic?

your input Tpower ?? thanks brother

Apparently is an issue with the torque converters after breaking period, i noticed this issue at around 1900 miles and I believe that TPower' started around the same amount of miles.
Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Hell yeah!

That's what I wanna hear!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Not happy to hear about the torque converter issue, but I'm very glad to see people actually driving their ZL1s. I saw a black one in my neck of the woods here, looked mean as all hell.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
I put mine on the dyno and it came in at 440 rwhp. If it was in tour mode when I dyno'd it would that make a difference? I haven't noticed any surging.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
I put mine on the dyno and it came in at 440 rwhp. If it was in tour mode when I dyno'd it would that make a difference? I haven't noticed any surging.
It shouldn't make much difference. You have a problem. Should be around 475-490 for auto and around 510 for manual.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
It shouldn't make much difference. You have a problem. Should be around 475-490 for auto and around 510 for manual.
I'm not noticing any other issues. I'm going to put a few more miles on it and dyno it again. First my damn AC and then my trunk lock and now this.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #21
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
I'm not noticing any other issues. I'm going to put a few more miles on it and dyno it again. First my damn AC and then my trunk lock and now this.
Taser they replaced the AC compressor on my car!!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Taser Deployed

Yeah I'm hoping that it was the heat that caused me to pull such low numbers but I'm not modding anything until my numbers are in line with what they should be. They checked my ac and said it's a software issue that GM is trying to fix. It constantly pulls air from outside instead of recirculating the air in the cabin. I've been hearing numbers ranging from 440 to 490 rwhp so i'm confused as to if that's normal depending on conditions. 50hp off seems like a lot.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
440 rwhp is 519 HP at the motor with 18% loss.
510 HP at the motor with 16% loss.
Either way it is a long way from the rated 580.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #24
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
Yeah I'm hoping that it was the heat that caused me to pull such low numbers but I'm not modding anything until my numbers are in line with what they should be. They checked my ac and said it's a software issue that GM is trying to fix. It constantly pulls air from outside instead of recirculating the air in the cabin. I've been hearing numbers ranging from 440 to 490 rwhp so i'm confused as to if that's normal depending on conditions. 50hp off seems like a lot.
the car is NIGHT & DAY since it was fixed
Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #25
Taser Deployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
the car is NIGHT & DAY since it was fixed
Screw it! I'm taking it to the dealership Monday and have them look over it. This is my first "performance" vehicle so i'm not too familiar with the whole dyno process but I don't think the heat would rob me of 50hp. I'm glad everything is still stock so if there is a problem it can't be blamed on me. 60K for this car and this is my third time going to the dealership in a month!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
Screw it! I'm taking it to the dealership Monday and have them look over it. This is my first "performance" vehicle so i'm not too familiar with the whole dyno process but I don't think the heat would rob me of 50hp. I'm glad everything is still stock so if there is a problem it can't be blamed on me. 60K for this car and this is my third time going to the dealership in a month!!!
yeah I hear ya my first month with the car it was positive battery cable, AC compressor and tranny pump & torque convertor . But now it is awesome and I have been drag racing and to road course with it
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I am sorry to hear this and apologize for any inconveniences you have been experiencing. Please feel free to update me on the concerns you have been having and if the dealership was able to diagnose the issue.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #28
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
As most of you know I dyno'd my car at 454rwhp(auto) we had a problem with tranny pump & torque convertor which was replaced under warranty by GM. We dyno'd the car again today and it got 491rwph , I am much happier today
What did they say the problem was? Just a bad torque converter? Do many of the auto's have this problem?
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote