Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
Oshawan

Drives: Camaro
I also agree that V6 bashing should not be allowed in a designated V6 forum.
Oshawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
My sig says it all...
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
Guys honestly lets pretend you just hit a 50 million $$ lottery and walked into a Chevy Dealership with a 2LT and 2SS sitting next to each other which one are you going to pick?

Now same situation except you are someone who is not even aware there is two different engines in the 2010 Camaro's and you walk into a dealership and they only have the V6 you still buy the Camaro because you love the looks of it.

Point is if you know anything about cars and care about having a bigger faster engine and you have deep pockets you will go with the V8 I do not care who you are, but if you are someone who could care less about V8s big engines fast cars and better performance (typically female drivers sorry I know I am sexist) you would just buy it for the looks.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
jdbaker82
Banned

Bottom line for me is that if I order a V6 it will be because of $$$$$ and only $$$$$ I would love having either model but if $$$$$$ has absolutely nothing to do with it I am taking that V8 in a heartbeat.......

Now to decide...........Can I live with "settling" for a V6.... I am not too sure I can
Old 06-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
I'm glad we have a choice! If not for the v-6, I doubt a new Camaro would exist.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
I hate to beat the dead horse but the way I see it..... If you bought a V6 money had something to do with it #1 or.....#2 you are not really a true muscle car fan and just want a nice looking cool fun car to drive that well also goes sorta fast..... especially for someone who has never felt a 400HP + car before.
so im not a true muscle car fan because i want300hp and get great gas and great mileage
Old 06-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
so im not a true muscle car fan because i want300hp and get great gas and great mileage
Would you have the SS if you just hit a lotto jackpot for 50 million? That is if you would still get a Camaro.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #22
CharlieNubz
Nubz SS/RS

Drives: NADINE 2010 SS/RS 24551
Quote:
Would you have the SS if you just hit a lotto jackpot for 50 million? That is if you would still get a Camaro.
I would buy one of each from 67-02 and 2010s...notice I said one of each...

People have a choice and the V6 is the perfect V6 muscle car for the consumer. I am getting what I want. Maybe later a V6 for tinkering with and daily driving....V8 is for me to do as I please because I can...it's that simple.

Keeping the American Revolution Alive...:flag1:
CharlieNubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #23
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieNubz View Post
I would buy one of each from 67-02 and 2010s...notice I said one of each...

People have a choice and the V6 is the perfect V6 muscle car for the consumer. I am getting what I want. Maybe later a V6 for tinkering with and daily driving....V8 is for me to do as I please because I can...it's that simple.
"V8 is for me to do as I please because I can...it's that simple."

Which is exactly why if money wasn't an issue and you actually cared about more HP and performance someone would always pick the V8 SS over the V6 UNLESS they never cared about performance sports vehicles in the first place.

Lets think about it this way. You get a LT2 V6 with 305HP for $27k lets pretend for every dollar over $27k you spent you got 1 more HP up to a total of 425HP who would not pay that extra $120 for the V8 with Bigger brakes and better handling?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #24
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
"V8 is for me to do as I please because I can...it's that simple."

Which is exactly why if money wasn't an issue and you actually cared about more HP and performance someone would always pick the V8 SS over the V6 UNLESS they never cared about performance sports vehicles in the first place.

Lets think about it this way. You get a LT2 V6 with 305HP for $27k lets pretend for every dollar over $27k you spent you got 1 more HP up to a total of 425HP who would not pay that extra $120 for the V8 with Bigger brakes and better handling?

Dude are you kidding me.....go to the V8 forum and get a V8...it is that simple for you. We on the V6 forum will not be offended if you got a V8.....in fact I am quite sure we would rejoice that you got the V8. Please get the V8

On a side not if I won the lottery...lol yeah right I still would drive a V6 for a daily....it is just sensible man. I still would have a V8 to play just like I am going to do now and I have not won the lottery. They both have their places and the V6 is not for you at all is seems.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #25
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
Dude are you kidding me.....go to the V8 forum and get a V8...it is that simple for you. We on the V6 forum will not be offended if you got a V8.....in fact I am quite sure we would rejoice that you got the V8. Please get the V8

On a side not if I won the lottery...lol yeah right I still would drive a V6 for a daily....it is just sensible man. I still would have a V8 to play just like I am going to do now and I have not won the lottery. They both have their places and the V6 is not for you at all is seems.
Stop trying to convince yourself you made the right choice when you got the V6 you know damn well right you started regretting it (I remember your thread asking questions about the V8)... Luckily your wifey agreed to it and bailed you out and now you get to have both..... Which I guess now means you did make the right decision getting the V6 in the first place but you know if you were not able to get the V8 you would be living in pain every day knowing you made that decision to get the V6.

I plan on doing the same thing with my girlfriend.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #26
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Stop trying to convince yourself you made the right choice when you got the V6 you know damn well right you started regretting it (I remember your thread asking questions about the V8)... Luckily your wifey agreed to it and bailed you out and now you get to have both.....

I plan on doing the same thing with my girlfriend.

If she had not wanted to drive it everyday.....I would have kept it, no problems. good....please do the samething. I am elated for you. Not sure what you are getting at....lol or the point you trying to make. I like both and it is simple. what is wrong with that. If you want to talk money......YES I CAN AFFORD BOTH AND SO I WILL HAVE BOTH.....IF YOU CANNOT, I AM SORRY. JUST PLEASE GET A V8 SO YOU WILL BE HAPPY
Old 06-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #27
CharlieNubz
Nubz SS/RS

Drives: NADINE 2010 SS/RS 24551
DCJ,
Quit wasting your time, he's still going to tell you what your decisions are...congrats on both cars. Like your thinking. I already have a 91 RS V6, that will be rebuilt and it was getting about 25 mpg before I put her on blocks. Now I will have my V8 for me to do as I please. Rock on....

Keeping the American Revolution Alive...:flag1:
CharlieNubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #28
jdbaker82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
If she had not wanted to drive it everyday.....I would have kept it, no problems. good....please do the samething. I am elated for you. Not sure what you are getting at....lol or the point you trying to make. I like both and it is simple. what is wrong with that. If you want to talk money......YES I CAN AFFORD BOTH AND SO I WILL HAVE BOTH.....IF YOU CANNOT, I AM SORRY. JUST PLEASE GET A V8 SO YOU WILL BE HAPPY
My whole point is that people buying the V6 are either A.) Do not give a damn about HP or performance or B.) Are making a decision based upon money in some way or another.

In other words I have tried in every way to convince myself that I will be happy with a V6 but I know the decision is based only on money and that I would be happier with the V8.