Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #85
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TBSS View Post
Sorry, I meant - will the SS bumper stay if I order an RS along with the SS car to get the HID's....HID is RS package only thats why I wonder
That APPEARS to be the case, the V8 comes with a specific bumper as does the V6, I have not seen anything that says the RS package changes the bumper....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #86
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
That APPEARS to be the case, the V8 comes with a specific bumper as does the V6, I have not seen anything that says the RS package changes the bumper....
Guys and girls. ... The RS package is available with the V8 as well as the V6. The only change you will see in an SS with the RS package will be a red SS on the front. The HID's should be the same on both. The lower part of the V8 grill looks different. The socket where the grill and the lights are the same size and should not have any affect on the look of the lights and grill other than the red SS and RS halos...

In the picture above and now below.., the black SS sideview kinda looks like a "beta-fish" that is all puffed up and angry. I kinda like it in that picture.. I gotta see it in all its glory in Imperial Blue and Cyber grey...
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #87
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Guys and girls. ... The RS package is available with the V8 as well as the V6. The only change you will see in an SS with the RS package will be a red SS on the front. The HID's should be the same on both. The lower part of the V8 grill looks different. The socket where the grill and the lights are the same size and should not have any affect on the look of the lights and grill other than the red SS and RS halos...

In the picture above and now below.., the black SS sideview kinda looks like a "beta-fish" that is all puffed up and angry. I kinda like it in that picture.. I gotta see it in all its glory in Imperial Blue and Cyber grey...
In that shot I can see that the grille section is not very deep at all. from the side I can see light coming through. This makes it look more like a piece of plastic construction fencing than a grille. Perhaps looking at the shape from the side will change some minds. It really looks thin from that view.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #88
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
In that shot I can see that the grille section is not very deep at all. from the side I can see light coming through. This makes it look more like a piece of plastic construction fencing than a grille. Perhaps looking at the shape from the side will change some minds. It really looks thin from that view.
I do like the look of it from the side there.. It looks a lot more aggressive and perhaps suits the V8 more to have it like that. It will definitely grow on me once I have it in my garage. I want to see some more pictures of the black SS. Can someone post a link to high quality ones or this particular picture set before it was edited...?

Last edited by Supermans; 08-05-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #89
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
I've liked the SS bumper since we saw it on that dirty test mule, but seeing it clean like this really puts things in perspective!!! The SS facia makes the car look like it's built for one puropse... POWER!

I agree, holly sh!t did you guys saw that black SS OMG i'm in love with that mean face. I didn't like the SS bumper UNTIL NOW WOW. that Black SS is some hot shit upfront looks like its ready to attack. MY CAMARO Will Be black WOW
K-soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #90
K-soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TBSS View Post
It appears the general consensus is that most like the SS bumper more like myself but the very nice HID lighting cannot be combined with the SS bumper as the HID is RS (smooth bumper) only. Big thumbs down if thats the case cause people will want the SS bumper and the HID's...maybe its possible that the SS bumper stays on an loaded RS optioned SS?

SS Mule on last movie had corporate calipers....SS Brembos are same as Subaru STi and Mitsu Evolution if you want Red or Gold later on.

Interior lighting is unbelievable and gorgeous.... no passenger glovebox like a 3rd gen?
I believe there is SS RS. that most likely will have the HID headlights. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #91
K-soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
We are seeing production-ready models not production models. Basically, these were the end result of all the trial and error engineering. They've got the design done and they know how many of each nut, bolt, and clip they need to build a single car. Now the suppliers need to ramp up their own production so that GM has enough of the individual parts to build 80-100k Camaros/year. Suppliers can't do their job until GM is done figuring out what the final product should look like.

That's just my thoughts on why it will take another 6 months to actually start true production.
exactly I have a friend that is a manager in a CNC machining company they have a huge line up of parts that will be built for GM. so you can understand how it works. GM tries to get the parts as soon as they can but its alot of work for every little part and contraction
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #92
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
om*g the pro driver video!!!!!!!!!!!
ZOMG NO KIDDING! that was just jaw dropping.

that final spin at the end made me shyt myself.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #93
anthony2790

Drives: Jeep
Lightbulb Is it a Camaro SS?

I've just watch the video "Sweet, sweet eye candy" on the Canadian official camaro site http://www.gm.ca/static/english/vehi...maro&adv=79342 and I was wondering if I really saw a ss. Look at the front of the black camaro and you will see ss...Well I think.
sorry for my bad english.

anthony2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #94
BADENUF

Drives: 1990 Chevy Camaro RS
That, is a Black SS in my opinion. Great find.
BADENUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #95
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Threads Merged and Bumbed!

Hope you don't mind Anthony2970

And a "welcome to the site" to you and BADENUF!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #96
Mattsack789

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Talking New Video on Chevy Site

There is a new video on the Chevy Camaro site that shows a Black SS, Yellow and Red V6's, and a silver SS! http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00033
Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #97
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Not quite new, those have been on GM Canada's Camaro site for a while now
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:17 AM   #98
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
New to me, Thanks for posting!