Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #1415
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddsZL1 View Post
Very well said sir! I agree 100%
Absolutely well said.

I tried on the last page, but not quite as spot on as this.

Hope to see the Hoopers at C5 Fest.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #1416
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
MAN, im glad this is being worked out for you. AND A BIG THANK YOU to the sponsors for hooking up items to hooper. Those gestures just show that the camaro zl1 community takes care of its own!!
2013 Camaro ZL-1 #3553, IOM, Roto-Fab Intake, Vmax Ported TB, Apex Catch Can
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #1417
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Exactly.

The Hoopers are good people - and we sometimes need to remember that to many of us, our beloved Camaros are more than a collection of sheet-metal, glass, rubber, etc......they become members of the family - and when something happens to our "pride and joy" - we talk about it.

What bothers me more than anything are the horrible things thrown about over 50-some pages - - and that people who have no training on the Laws of the State of Delaware decide to opine with no legal understanding whatsoever -- or the understanding of long-term implications. And when an honored member of this site such as PQ says "Let's slow down here - we don't know all of the facts " - he's slammed.

The reality is that NO ONE on this thread except for the Hoopers were in any of the meetings. NONE OF US know the whole story. There are insurance companies involved and there are laws that must be followed.

"The Name Camaro means friend, pal or comrade......."

I continually remind people of that quote from Pete Estes made in June of 1966....those are good words to live by. We need to calm down sometimes and take a deep breath......

We need to get along rather than bash each other - or make proclamations without an understanding of the Law -- There are many things that SEEM to be 'common sense' -- but a quick study of Law will tell you that Common Sense often is thrown thru the window........so to speak.....by the very laws that are passed to supposedly protect us. (..it's called the 'Law of Unintended Consequences'....)

I'm pleased that the Hoopers will hopefully be behind the wheel of another ZL1 in the next week or so...they're good people - and all of the conversations I had with them before and during this unfortunate happening they've been very polite and very understanding of 'the law of unintended consequences"....and

I look forward to seeing them at Camaro events this summer.......and I thank them for their passion for all things Camaro.

That said - let's all calm down - and let's stop slamming each other - and let's stop painting every Chevy dealer with the same brush. Becky and Joe and Tom and Matt and Greg and Rollie and many many many others do not deserve to have this happen to them.

We have one thing in common - the love for an amazing thrill-ride.

Very well put! Glad the Hoopers are getting a new ride!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #1418
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
...and you know this how? There are two sides to this story and we've heard one. This type of thing happens all the time in the vendor feedback section and until you "know" it all you're only speculating.
that is true, perhaps unproven is the better description of his accusations.
but then that leads to why, without knowing the whole story, he went from just defending the dealer to attacking the Hooper's intentions?
just reading the PQ posts that I quoted, I wouldnt say that is level headed.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #1419
Rockraven

Drives: 1985 Camaro IROC
If anything else comes from this mess, I hope any business that does not care about customer service, or have tried to save a buck instead of going the extra distance to make things right, learns the incredible, collective power of the internet.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #1420
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Money is not everything...

At any rate, a retired GM exec called me today to let me know that GM IS involved now. It is our understanding that the matter will be resolved to our satisfaction next week. And GM will make sure that we are treated fairly and equitably.

Hoop: That is very good news! Let us know how it all shakes out.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #1421
smkooq

Drives: batmobile
I'm glad that the Hoopers didn't "settle", and be forced to take it up the butt.

Just because this dealership cannot properly manage their employees, does not mean the Hoopers or any other customer should be forced to just "deal with it". I'm glad the dealership faced harsh consequences in part of their failure of an employee. (I've seen worse things happen to businesses with smaller issues than this one)

Who knows how many other customers vehicles were abused before the Hoopers incident? And I'm sure more than 1 staff member has been involved in the abuse of customer vehicles..

I hope they have learned from this incident and become more vigilant in the way they run their staff and business. This dealership can't just blame the ex-employee and expect to walk away with their hands clean..
Old 01-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #1422
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
Damn. How much shit do you people get away with over your spouses???

I am IMPRESSED!
No kidding. IF you do run that past your wife, let me know the outcome.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #1423
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Shark: I may not have a ZL1 (yet) but the vendors who stepped up will be on my speed dial.

Nick (Diode Dynamics): Could you PM me? I have a question about switchbacks.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #1424
GT500guy

Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockraven View Post
If anything else comes from this mess, I hope any business that does not care about customer service, or have tried to save a buck instead of going the extra distance to make things right, learns the incredible, collective power of the internet.

If you people only knew the entire story you would all be singing a different tune.. First things first, stop thanking Berger Chevrolet, they've done nothing except to allow First State Chevrolet to buy a year old inventory piece from them, they're probably happy as a clam to be able to get rid of it, good lord, how can some of you be so obtuse?

Right now, everyone should be asking Mr Hooper who exactly is paying for all this, the transport, the extra equipment on the vehicle, the taxes and tags, etc.. The hard reality of all this is, First State could have simply said, its out of our hands and let the insurance company pay the claim which in the end, would have not been nearly enough to buy the Hoopers a replacement vehicle, let alone a new ZL1.. But that didn't happen, they stepped up and the Hoppers are getting a vehicle that's more than what they had, good for them!

I'm telling all of you fine folks on Camaro5 for the last time, you don't know the whole story, this is all extremely disturbing..
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #1425
Gross Profit

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS Vert
glad it all worked out
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #1426
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post
If you people only knew the entire story you would all be singing a different tune.. First things first, stop thanking Berger Chevrolet, they've done nothing except to allow First State Chevrolet to buy a year old inventory piece from them, they're probably happy as a clam to be able to get rid of it, good lord, how can some of you be so obtuse?

Right now, everyone should be asking Mr Hooper who exactly is paying for all this, the transport, the extra equipment on the vehicle, the taxes and tags, etc.. The hard reality of all this is, First State could have simply said, its out of our hands and let the insurance company pay the claim which in the end, would have not been nearly enough to buy the Hoopers a replacement vehicle, let alone a new ZL1.. But that didn't happen, they stepped up and the Hoppers are getting a vehicle that's more than what they had, good for them!

I'm telling all of you fine folks on Camaro5 for the last time, you don't know the whole story, this is all extremely disturbing..
if the car wa totaled and it happed wile in the dealers possesion. there is no different tune I would sing.

now if that didnt' happen then maybe.

then again when people destroy my car I get mad obviouly you the better man as you like lossign money on issurance claims. that is awesome.

Me I hate lossing money on insurance claims as that is the only reason you have insurace is in case of loss and they still like to stick it too you.

There is a whole other insurace called "gap" insruace because normal insurace sucks when you have to use it.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #1427
ckosiek

Drives: Former owner 2013 ZL1 Convertible
OP,
Glad to hear things are working toward a positive resolution for you, hope that you end up satisfied in the end. Pleae post some pictures of the new ZL1 when you can. I live in northern DE, so I am not familiar with the dealer. And as others have mentioned, there are some awesome vendors here on C5!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #1428
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500guy View Post

Would you give it a rest on defending the dealership and continuing to question the Hoopers? Its done. Its over with. The Hoopers where entirely in the right and they got taken care of.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1