Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #113
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
You guys are going to get me kicked out going broke with all these dyno times lol

but anything for more power so for you and tracy I will be more than happy to be your guiney pig but in anyway you can share what this new thing might be for the extra ponies gretchen?

I can def tell you guys that 300rwhp is no more a "maybe"... even if I dont get to full 300rwhp with just e85, I can guarantee you those numbers will be a reality once I ditch this factory intake I am still running.
I'm no expert on e85, but from what I've been reading 15% increase in power is not out of the question. It may be more with our high compression cars. So, I think 300 rwhp may be close with all the other bolt ons. Tracy is also going to look at the intake manifold to see what mods can be done there. Then he has found a little issue with PVC system on these things that may also add a few seabiscuts to the mix. It's one thing to run it on a FI car but if we can find gains on a NA car that add enough to get you to ~320 that would be impressive.

The transporter I had ran into some issues so I'm searching again. This time I'm getting all kind of quotes so I'm guessing the back log is up. Hopefully Gretchen will be back in his shop before the end of the month.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #114
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
no sorry i dont get off untill 330 up in aberdeen right now so i wouldn't be able to make it but i cant wait to see the sheets. maybe vids lol

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #115
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I hope so.. hopefully running e85 will be worth every penny and time. Everything that can help to raise its effective compression will be a plus since detonation and heat issue can be somewhat controlled to a minimum.

One thing I can say for sure is that 300rwhp is not anymore a "maybe" or "hopefully" lol Just looking at my IAT numbers flip flop with the stock intake tell me that it easily get heatsoaked in temp above 80. After VR intake, throttle body, and if you guys do get the intake manifold tweaked out, I think 320+ rwhp is not unrealistic at all.
Compression make guaranteed solid power, so more ways to help build "effective" compression I am all for it.

Hope, no problem.. just sit back and enjoy the show.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #116
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
I hope so.. hopefully running e85 will be worth every penny and time. Everything that can help to raise its effective compression will be a plus since detonation and heat issue can be somewhat controlled to a minimum.

One thing I can say for sure is that 300rwhp is not anymore a "maybe" or "hopefully" lol Just looking at my IAT numbers flip flop with the stock intake tell me that it easily get heatsoaked in temp above 80. After VR intake, throttle body, and if you guys do get the intake manifold tweaked out, I think 320+ rwhp is not unrealistic at all.
Compression make guaranteed solid power, so more ways to help build "effective" compression I am all for it.

Hope, no problem.. just sit back and enjoy the show.
He's (Tracy) doing pistons to lower my CR, but maybe you can raise it a bit with a different profile. Another way is to trim some off the heads, but you have to make sure you still have the proper clearances. I know I'll forget, so PM him when you see my car shipped (other site) and he can look at it. I think is Z06 is running pretty high compres (12:1 IIRC), so he's done something there. Cams, while not a bolton, I would guess would also help there??? Like I said, I'm know very little about e85, you're the expert here. Don't hesitate to ask him questions. He's going to have my car for a while so he might as well look at everything we are thinking about.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #117
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Thank you.. I def will Can't wait for tomorrow. Lets pray for 300rwhp! Still going in with factory black box.

If I had the Vararam intake by now you guys would of had the independent dyno result tomorrow and I could have guranteed 300rwhp
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #118
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Just think of this as getting a good baseline with the E85 tune, then you can add the Vararam intake to the mix to get a clear idea of the gains you'll get with it on top of everything else you've done.

It would be cool to see you hit 300rwhp with the stock box though!!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #119
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I know ronlslo, I was not going to install the VR until I finish my e85 dyno even if I would of had it in my posession right now anyway.

but it would have been nice if I could get number for VR and e85 on the same day.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #120
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Just think of this as getting a good baseline with the E85 tune, then you can add the Vararam intake to the mix to get a clear idea of the gains you'll get with it on top of everything else you've done.

It would be cool to see you hit 300rwhp with the stock box though!!

Bmore, you DA man lol Cant wait for tomorrow. Ive been telling all my friends and my other friends who have Uncle Bens Ricers to see what my car will be like in the next month or so Even though I have beaten each of them , including one who has a turbo teggy--> that was a close race so it was the deciding factor on my next purchase VARARAM FTW. Then Trifecta tune and E85 tune and ill be Golden
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #121
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Tomorrow is almost here.. How much total ponies do you all think I am going to come out with?

The baseline was 270hp and 242tq. Only change is the E85 tune me and vince been working on. There are 3 things in play here, valve timing, ignition timing, and the e85 itself. Still going in with the same mods(in my sig) and stock air box.

I have freefor anyone who can nail the number! lol
TJ, keep you hands out the bag of popcorn only the winner get to have some.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #122
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
286 ponies Just a guess don't know the difference in conditions

I will start poping my own corn just in case lol
Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #123
bmorecam
Account Suspended

If I only come out with 16 more ponies I think I'll be ditching the "corn gas" faster than I can say it. It might be ok for some, but I think I stick with gas for 16 more ponies.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #124
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I'm going with 296hp. Only because you know you'll need the Vararam intake to get over 300hp.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #125
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
If I only come out with 16 more ponies I think I'll be ditching the "corn gas" faster than I can say it. It might be ok for some, but I think I stick with gas for 16 more ponies.
LMAO I am conservative by nature. Deep down I really want to be wrong my friend lol
Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #126
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I'm going with 296hp. Only because you know you'll need the Vararam intake to get over 300hp.
So does that mean the VR is good for 4hp?? Yes! I can now go over 300