Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Ws209

Drives: 1969 Camaro,2005 Mustang Roush S1
Talking going to buy.but I have a few questions

Before i start I would just like to say this is my first post and sorry if i post it in the wrong place. Thanks.
Okay, so I have had enough with buying Fords (Long story short they don't like helping people as i have bought 5 vehicles in the past 4 years there and all were top model roush's and my f150 stage 3 somehow cracked the block and they refused to fix it. So i took Ford to court and won back my $57,000) after that experience i refuse to buy another Ford and decided to buy a 2013 ZL1 Convert Black on Black, which im going to pick up monday or tuesday . But before I go completely through with buying I would like to know 5 things

1. Do Chevrolet dealerships normally offer good warranty work? I'm purchasing from Ferman Chevrolet in Brandon,FL (right down the street from Brandon Ford).
2. Not one dealership has let me test drive one ZL1 they had in stock is this normal?
3. say if I get caught in the rain should i have to worry about water getting into the Hood vents?
4. The car is 64,000 is that a normal price for the Convert?
5. How many people notice the car when you're driving lol
VIN-2G1FZ3DP2D9806211
Here's pictures of the ZL1
Attached Images

Ws209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
Nice car it will definitely get noticed my warranty was gone shortly after I got my car but I've had a lot of other stuff warrantied by GM and have never had a problem
Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ws209 View Post
1. Do Chevrolet dealerships normally offer good warranty work? I'm purchasing from Ferman Chevrolet in Brandon,FL (right down the street from Brandon Ford).
2. Not one dealership has let me test drive one ZL1 they had in stock is this normal?
3. say if I get caught in the rain should i have to worry about water getting into the Hood vents?
5. How many people notice the car when you're driving lol
VIN-2G1FZ3DP2D9806211
Here's pictures of the ZL1
1. Ask around and find out if your local dealership is good, all companies have bad eggs.

2. For the most part yes, there are a few that will let you test drive one but they are far and in between.

3. No, it's designed with a water tray that sits above the radiator to direct the water away.

4. Yes that sounds about right.

5. I've noticed that most people do notice, but try to pretend they don't.

The car will not disappoint! Good luck on your purchase!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Depends on the dealership. The dealer I bought my TB SS was great for service or warranty work because I like the service techs. I'm going to bring my ZL1 there if the need arises.

Not normal imo. The salesman insisted I take it for a test ride (probably because he was bored). I wouldn't have it bought it without a test ride.

There's a drain for that; but I would be more worried about the tires in the rain. They're a true summer, dry condition tire. PTM 3 helps; but you have to be extra careful in the rain.

Is that msrp? Shop around and don't be afraid to travel if you want a great deal.

5. How many people notice the car when you're driving.
A lot. It's definitely an attention getter.

You should also read the stickies at the top of this section and watch the videos as well. They're helpful and informative to get the most enjoyment out of the car.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Ws209

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Depends on the dealership. The dealer I bought my TB SS was great for service or warranty work because I like the service techs. I'm going to bring my ZL1 there if the need arises.

Not normal imo. The salesman insisted I take it for a test ride (probably because he was bored). I wouldn't have it bought it without a test ride.

There's a drain for that; but I would be more worried about the tires in the rain. They're a true summer, dry condition tire. PTM 3 helps; but you have to be extra careful in the rain.

Is that msrp? Shop around and don't be afraid to travel if you want a great deal.

5. How many people notice the car when you're driving.
A lot. It's definitely an attention getter.

You should also read the stickies at the top of this section and watch the videos as well. They're helpful and informative to get the most enjoyment out of the car.
Thanks guys .I've read the stickies. But the one that i was looking at is in Sarasota and is getting shipped to my local dealer. since i'm about and hour and a half and i didn't want to put that many miles on it in the first day.
I'm really looking forward to owning this car I'll post pictures when i get it home.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I think $64 for a vert is good, I've seen them as high as $68 depending on options. These cars are very good in the rain. I took mine to Ocala and back during some very bad rain storms, and cruised 70-80 all the way. For city driving, mode 1 is great in the rain, it helps a lot. I went through 3 tanks of gas the first week I had mine. I haven't had any issues with warranty work.

Good luck and congrats ... BTW look up Tampa Bay Camaros club, we meet at Winghouse on Ulmerton every Weds night.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
Ws209

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think $64 for a vert is good, I've seen them as high as $68 depending on options. These cars are very good in the rain. I took mine to Ocala and back during some very bad rain storms, and cruised 70-80 all the way. For city driving, mode 1 is great in the rain, it helps a lot. I went through 3 tanks of gas the first week I had mine. I haven't had any issues with warranty work.

Good luck and congrats ... BTW look up Tampa Bay Camaros club, we meet at Winghouse on Ulmerton every Weds night.
Thanks. Three tanks wow were you driving it hard? And If everything goes smooth I'll see you guys there Wednesday.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
1. Driven Chevys for 19 years. Never had to sue Chevrolet.

2.Don't know, I walked up and said I'm buying that car, so I got to drive it all I want after that.

3. I would worry about putting the top up.

4. Don't know, didn't have verts when I shopped.

5. If you're ever feeling like people don't think your car is special, go through any drive through, if there is a dude working there he'll be drooling at your car. Additionally check out any restaurant with outdoor seating. There will always be some old man who is taken back to the day by the sight and sound of your car.

6. Don't ever take me too seriously. Do enjoy the car.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #9
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
one thing.. That car is #6211, which means that it has been on the lot for at least 3 months, probably 4. That gives you a bit more leverage when it comes to price. And I think 64K is high since it is a manual. Dealer invoice is 59.8K for a 6spd manual vert with suede interior. If it has a carbon insert add $600. Check out kbb.com and you can get car prices.

You should be able to buy it for dealer invoice or darn near.

Good luck.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #10
Ws209

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
one thing.. That car is #6211, which means that it has been on the lot for at least 3 months, probably 4. That gives you a bit more leverage when it comes to price. And I think 64K is high since it is a manual. Dealer invoice is 59.8K for a 6spd manual vert with suede interior. If it has a carbon insert add $600. Check out kbb.com and you can get car prices.

You should be able to buy it for dealer invoice or darn near.

Good luck.
I plan to negotiate but i never would of figured it was on the lot for 3 or 4 months. I'll be sure to bring that up when i go there. They also have a Summit White and Blue ray there. The Blue ray is $65,525 and is #4303 and the Summit white is $61,344 and #6062 and I got to say the White is very attractive too (Even though all ZL1's are beautiful)
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #11
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
BEAUTIFUL CAR!! THANK GOD YOU GOT A STICKSHIFT LOL

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #12
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
Make sure they remove those spring spacers before you leave.
Congrats, you're gonna love it!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #13
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
1. Don't know. My first GM in 20 years. A friend's father used to be a Service Manager, but he retired and the dealer lost it's franchise during the bankruptcy.

2. I did test drive, but the dealership knew I was a serious and ready buyer.

4. It's high, unless loaded. I got invoice, plus there's a $1500 rebate now. About 6.7% off MSRP.

5. Car gets noticed ... by boys and men.

... the ladies? not so much. glad that's not why I bought it.

... and Cobra owners. I was playin' on back roads yesterday, came up on the ass end of one. He was doing the same as me. Oddly, he started driving like an old man once I was there. Don't know what's up with that.

DDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Usually the $1500 rebate isn't for ZL1's.
Spring spacers - Yeah it looks like they still have the spacers in, which is okay since they will be transporting to your dealer, but after they get there make sure they take them out and you keep them for future use. They are yellow.