Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #169
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown View Post
It's part of North America. Did you think he was wrong?
If I asked "Have you ever been to Virginia?" would you assume that I am talking about the Commonwealth of Virginia or West Virginia? Same thinking applies to 'America', 'the United States of America', 'North America' and 'South America'
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #170
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabroox View Post
You know the Camaro is made in Canada, right? Technically it's in America but so is Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
You are not serious are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown View Post
It's part of North America. Did you think he was wrong?
HTown,

When a person or even a label says "Made in America" it commonly refers to the COUNTRY......The United States of America, not the freakin' CONTINENT of North America.

Does anyone say "Made in Asia" or they say "Made in China", Japan, Taiwan, etc...again, referencing the country of origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If I asked "Have you ever been to Virginia?" would you assume that I am talking about the Commonwealth of Virginia or West Virginia? Same thinking applies to 'America', 'the United States of America', 'North America' and 'South America'
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #171
njdad61

Drives: 2020 Satin Steel 2SS Coupe
Carbon Flash Metallic

I'm all about my CGM, but if CFM was available for the 2011 model, I definitely would have gotten it with CGM stripes...
  • Arrived 8/13/19
  • Home 8/16/19
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #172
Shadowave

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Any idea when IBM will be back for the 2012 models? I want to order one so I am going to wait it out for now.
Shadowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #173
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
Bring back ABM and Synergy Green!
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #174
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
I bought a Synergy Green 2011 SS instead of ordering a 2012 because of color choices .....
WySilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #175
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I almost bought a used ABM instead of waiting for the ZL1, that's how much I love that color, lol. (Un)Fortunately, it was gone before I could get to it.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #176
philly joe

Drives: 2012 SS2 45th AE Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowave View Post
Any idea when IBM will be back for the 2012 models? I want to order one so I am going to wait it out for now.

These are cut from two of the emails that i received from Chevy:
*Joe we do plan on offering cyber gray (name might change) and imperial blue for 2012 in a few months.
*My best guess is october production but this is not official just an estimate
philly joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #177
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Well, it sounds like our colors, brochures, and updated chevy website is still a few months off. I'm only speculating but maybe they are releasing all this information with the ZL1. So maybe the ZL1 will make an October appearance. Seems like they've been testing it forever...................
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #178
Tysen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
Well, it sounds like our colors, brochures, and updated chevy website is still a few months off. I'm only speculating but maybe they are releasing all this information with the ZL1. So maybe the ZL1 will make an October appearance. Seems like they've been testing it forever...................
That would be one awesome Christmas gift from Chevy. 4th quarter seems so far away...
Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #179
philly joe

IBM or CGM...or door number three...the 45th?

I held off buying the 2011 because I wanted the convertible in IBM. My second choice was CGM. I was shut out of both colors due to, let's say, EXTERNAL FORCES. I really don't want to wait for October production. What is the general opinion of the 45th Edition? The more I research this car, the more I like it. I think that I could do a lot worse for my third choice. What do you say?
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #180
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly joe View Post
I held off buying the 2011 because I wanted the convertible in IBM. My second choice was CGM. I was shut out of both colors due to, let's say, EXTERNAL FORCES. I really don't want to wait for October production. What is the general opinion of the 45th Edition? The more I research this car, the more I like it. I think that I could do a lot worse for my third choice. What do you say?
Amazing color and the value of the package can't be beat.

Have you seen the color in person?
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #181
philly joe

Here is the latest. I got this email from Chevy this morning:
Dear Mr. ________,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2012 Camaro! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

For the 2012 Camaro our resources have provided new exterior color information. The Camaro will be available in Gray, Imperial Blue and new Crystal Red Claret later in the 2012 model year. These exterior colors may not be the exact same color as previous.

As a reminder, our vehicles come with a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty that includes Roadside Assistance and courtesy transportation. If you are not currently working with a Chevrolet dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by visiting the website, http://www.findchevydealer.com.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438, between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. E.S.T., Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. E.S.T., Saturday. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com

So I although this email didn't confirm a timeline, it does confirm color availability.
The wait was killing me though, so I ordered the 45th AE.
Good luck to all of you IBM and Gray holdouts.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #182
Tysen

What us Crystal Red Claret?