Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Would You Try Getting Paint Problems Fixed?

I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow for a hole that was in the headliner when I bought it. But after I washed and waxed my car this morning, I found a few defects in the paint.

The trunk has about 4 spots where the clear coat is gummed up. I noticed it when I bought the car (4 days ago), but I assumed it was bird droppings or bugs and it would wash off.

Also the passenger door and pillar each has a spot where the paint is raised (like there is a piece of sand under the paint).

I know the longevity of the factory paint cannot really be matched by a paint shop, so would you bother trying to get the paint fixed? Also, is it too much to expect that every detail of an entire car be completely perfect?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
You can get them to wetsand out the dirt under the clearcoat, your color is dark enough to hide the black marks "little pepper spots" it will leave.

Getting them to wetsand the gummed up clearcoat may open up a new ball of wax for you. It may do more damage them good. I would if it was my car go and talk to the service manager to see if it can be sanded down completly "trunk" and re clear-coated.

Dont hold your breathe, i work for the company and it took me 3 months or fighting tooth and nail to get them to FINALLY agree "took TWO gm reps, and a call to GM in-plant Brass to put pressure on this *unt of a service manger" so, good luck to you on that.

AND if they agree to re clear it, they will not warrenty the job either as they claim they cannot match the paint/clear as a stock paint job. SO you may end up just living with the clearcoat bug up.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
The dirt isn't under the clear coat, it's under the paint.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
mousemotor

Drives: 2010 camaro ss,pontiac G6
i also have a lot of spots it is under the clear coat, some of the spots look like little squiglly little lines, and others are just round spots, these imperfections are on the trunk lid, hood and roof area,almost any flat area on the car, im taking mine back this week also, but really dont wanted repainted if there is a another option which will fix it without repainting
mousemotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i would get the dealer to look at it.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
yea, bring it to the deal to see what they are willing to do for you. I found a whole swath of light damage up the front driver's quarter panel, even onto the hood a week after I picked up the car when I was washing it. The body shop at the dealership polished it as best as they could, but they wouldn't do anything about the paint chips. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. I'm actually hoping it actually rusts through in two years, so I can get it done under warranty.