Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #71
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Blah blah blah.. That's all I hear. If it sells, make it! The government cannot afford to make GM build cars the consumers do not want. If that were to happen GM will certainly fail. And GM's failure has been agreed upon everyone, that it would be catastrophic to the economy. While the government does agree that vehicles should be more fuel efficient, they cannot deny the fact that the car sold 17,000 preorders before the car even started to be produced. Hard core camaro fans will buy the fastest camaro today, then when the Z28 comes out, they will trade in. Thus making another sale. Two sales for one! Sounds like a sound business plan to me It's called the grand scheme of things.

Okay, so why can't the Z28 will also be an "enthusiast car" as well?
Your "grand scheme" of things clearly doesn't bring into perspective the fragile state of the economy. You say that every Camaro enthusiast will trade in their newly-purchased SS for a Z28...right . And the Z28 can't be an enthusiast car because IT DOESN'T EXIST. Seriously, what is it with you guys?! Let me say that again...THE Z28 DOES NOT EXIST! The way things are going, GM won't even think about producing it for another 2-3 years. So please, stop with the pointless conjecture. It's just as stupid as me saying; "OH YA WELL THE 2011 MUSTANG WILL HAVE LIKE 450HP FROM A NEW ENGINE!!!!" It's idiotic to assume otherwise.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #72
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
He who hesitates...

...is lost!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #73
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Your "grand scheme" of things clearly doesn't bring into perspective the fragile state of the economy. You say that every Camaro enthusiast will trade in their newly-purchased SS for a Z28...right . And the Z28 can't be an enthusiast car because IT DOESN'T EXIST. Seriously, what is it with you guys?! Let me say that again...THE Z28 DOES NOT EXIST! The way things are going, GM won't even think about producing it for another 2-3 years. So please, stop with the pointless conjecture. It's just as stupid as me saying; "OH YA WELL THE 2011 MUSTANG WILL HAVE LIKE 450HP FROM A NEW ENGINE!!!!" It's idiotic to assume otherwise.
The fragile state of the economy? Most people agree that we have seen the worst of this bad economy. I am hopeful that we are in the midst of coming out of this. You are apparently not.

Fine, I forgot to insinuate that not all SS owners will trade in for a Z28. I didn't think anybody would think that, but I was apparently wrong. But I do believe that a bunch of them will. Sorry for the confusion.

Second you obviously don't understand my second question. Fine the Z28 doesn't exist today. WHATEVER! I know that, and I didnt need your help in figuring that out. I said nothing about today. I asked, why can't the Z28 be an enthusiast car for the enthusiast of tomorrow???

Third it's NOT pointless conjecture. We are having a lively discussion about a car we all want to see get built. Then you have to come in and troll around just to piss people off, and tell us all our dreams are bullS***. Well congrats you've done that. Now may we all talk about our future options of camaro that we would like to see without being hassled by the mustang community. Because there are GM people on this website, and just maybe they will read our conversations and get a general Idea of what THEIR customers want.

Fourth, I have been promoting my OPINION that GM will at least announce a plan for a Z28 by the end of next year. I've been saying that since I got on this website. I didn't believe that they would make a Z28 in the first production run, and I was proven right. I didn't say that they would give it to us anytime this year, and so far I am right. And until the end of next year, you can't exactly tell me that I am completely wrong. Hell even you have said two to three years. So you do partly agree with me?

Last edited by Camaro_Corvette; 05-15-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #74
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
things change over time.... love what you have....or you will always be looking for something else.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #75
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Saying that GM is building cars to so they are worth more to buyers down the road, probably is no where on their minds. GM is focused on quality cars that the public likes and will buy that out preform rivals.. The Vette is such a nice brand that I dont see that really as factor.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #76
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
This premise that post first year cars are supposed to be the same is what?

It makes no sense to complain about normal vehicle building.

If the original poster wants to cut GM a check for maybe... 1 billion or more then he can have his options today? Otherwise your lucky the car is even being made with the nice set of options it has.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #77
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
The fragile state of the economy? Most people agree that we have seen the worst of this bad economy. I am hopeful that we are in the midst of coming out of this. You are apparently not.

Fine, I forgot to insinuate that not all SS owners will trade in for a Z28. I didn't think anybody would think that, but I was apparently wrong. But I do believe that a bunch of them will. Sorry for the confusion.

Second you obviously don't understand my second question. Fine the Z28 doesn't exist today. WHATEVER! I know that, and I didn't need your help in figuring that out. I said nothing about today. I asked, why can't the Z28 be an enthusiast car for the enthusiast of tomorrow???

Third it's NOT pointless conjecture. We are having a lively discussion about a car we all want to see get built. Then you have to come in and troll around just to piss people off, and tell us all our dreams are bullS***. Well congrats you've done that. Now may we all talk about our future options of camaro that we would like to see without being hassled by the mustang community. Because there are GM people on this website, and just maybe they will read our conversations and get a general Idea of what THEIR customers want.

Fourth, I have been promoting my OPINION that GM will at least announce a plan for a Z28 by the end of next year. I've been saying that since I got on this website. I didn't believe that they would make a Z28 in the first production run, and I was proven right. I didn't say that they would give it to us anytime this year, and so far I am right. And until the end of next year, you can't exactly tell me that I am completely wrong. Hell even you have said two to three years. So you do partly agree with me?
I agree with some of your points, but you can't just go back and "re-imply" them; it doesn't make sense. Oh and the "trolling around pissing people off" bit was funny. If you read my other posts you'd find that I have nothing but respect for the 2010 Camaro. Why else would I be waiting so impatiently for my dad and mine's 2SS/RS IOM? Are you generalizing Mustang owners? One could argue, yes. No matter what amount of speculation and subtleties you use about the Z28 it's plain and simple; GM is more likely to cancel the PROPOSED Z28 than make it into a full scale production car. That's not saying I'm opposed to bringing the Z28 back. On the contrary, I love this new Camaro and a Z28 will be it in it's most quintessential form. Lol and seriously, when are us Mustang guys "hassling" you? So what if this is a Camaro forum, we still get the most shit from you Camaro guys about everything; I and other Mustang owners are just here to keep facts straight. I would say stop whining but you'll probably come up with some excuse for doing that. How's this? Take a chill pill and stop with the persecution complex.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #78
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
I hate throwing gas on the fire, but how can you say the worst part is over? GM and Chrysler are laying off almost half their work force. So there's about 100,000 people that will be jobless by the end of the year. With such a huge cut in production, their suppliers will have to lay off some of their workers and cut their own production to remain profitable. So there's XX,XXX amount of workers laid off as well. And who knows where it goes from there? I think we will see quite a ripple effect from all of this. Besides, I gather from most of what I read that the worst has yet to come.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #79
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
...is lost!
Or doesn't have to have body panels removed for the recall, like I did with the first year S10 Blazer!

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #80
Hav1980Z28

Drives: 1980 Camaro Z28
I think the 2011 ss camaro will have Direct Injection giving it more HP and better MPG.
Hav1980Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #81
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
They always make a few apperance and performance changes. Hard to say whether that will be a good or bad thing. T-tops are probably out while they are making a convet.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #82
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
HUD is an option I really would have liked to had and am sure it will be on the 2011s. The blind spot on the Camaro is tough to say the least.... As for the Z-28 if it comes, I am sure it will be 50K+ and I would not have spent that much money for a car anyway so I would not be missing out there(although if it does come out that does not mean I would not want it). The 2010 owners will just be missing out on some little things here and there.

For example....If you had wanted parking sensors, a lot of the 2010 owners have already missed out on that and it is still the 2010 model..
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #83
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
I know one of the people that was in the focus group for this Camaro. She said that 2011 was slated for the vert, the HUD, and the interior lighting. That's it.

No supercharger, no track ready Z28, no t-tops, and no other major changes to the vehicle.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #84
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Well I don't think there will be much difference besides maybe a few added interior options. It's too soon. Car makers usually will wait and add advance engine options after 2 years and or change models in 2 year increments. They need to top this model off before they begin upgrading. The only thing they may possibly change is interior material and a real interactive Navi option. Also, if it doesn't make much difference in performance from added weight they may make the passanger seat fully adjustable 6-way power. Maybe added multi driver memory seat adjustments options.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote