Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #85
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
camaro ss wins over cobalt.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #86
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
I workout sometimes
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #87
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Handle. ..dispatch...beat...

Low 13s vs high 13s on great days...mid 13s vs low 14s on an average day..

*shrugs*

where do you get these numbers? These are older cars for the most part. I have a buddy with throttle body work, exhaust, tune, cam, running 13.8's on a good day. I just love the bias, some people dont understand or want to accept facts. Numbers on paper and real life driving are completely different. From a roll he has never pulled a full car.

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #88
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
where do you get these numbers? These are older cars for the most part. I have a buddy with throttle body work, exhaust, tune, cam, running 13.8's on a good day. I just love the bias, some people dont understand or want to accept facts. Numbers on paper and real life driving are completely different. From a roll he has never pulled a full car.
Also depends on where you are in the country. You can lose a LOT of time in the 1/4 mile all because of DA. That 13.8 at that particular track could be a 13.2 at a totally different track. Out here, between Atco Raceway and Old Bridge raceway, there can be huge differences in your ET. Also, the time of the year can have a bad effect. You have to consider these things.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #89
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
An 05 GT convertible with an A5 for example I could see happening. Go to the strip and look at the slower cars that are beating faster cars with quick RT to the stripe. I have no problem believing this outcome.
x2 I have a friend with a convert auto 3v. it's crazy slow.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #90
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
This is the way it is when any Camaro beats any mustang on camaro5 lol
Most accurate post yet......ive been a victim of this myself.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #91
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Update in first post.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:20 PM   #92
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
UPDATE.

He finished the Coyote engine swap, we met up on his families property and went for a rematch.
Arm drop, I got a hole shot launch on him and kept a fender on him for about 60-70 feet.
I'm pretty sure I had a fender due to wheel spin on his part, cause suddenly he was flying past me in a glorious cloud of exhaust noise and fumes.
He properly trounced me by the time the 1/8 mile rolled past.

Before the flamers come out, yes it happened.

1/8 mile, private road, I got him on a hole shot off the line and kept a fender on him the whole time.
Pretty sure he should have won. I see him around from time to time and I'm also pretty sure he hurt his engine street racing, it didn't sound right.
The problem starts when you say a Camaro beat a mustang...good detail in the description....sometimes you win...sometimes you lose...but its always fun no matter the outcome.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #93
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post

The problem starts when you say a Camaro beat a mustang...good detail in the description....sometimes you win...sometimes you lose...but its always fun no matter the outcome.
Yeah, I was surprised at all the Camaro hate I was getting on a Camaro forum for beating a Mustang.
But like I said in the thread, turns out he had a hurt engine from street racing earlier in the day before he lined up with me.
I didn't stand a chance against the coyote, and knew it. But it was fun taking him off the line, even if it was because he was spinning the tires.
He told me afterward he short-shifted to second to stop the tire spin instead of lifting. And he still pulled on me in second.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote