Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #701
IBMcamaroGIRL

Drives: 2LT,IBM,RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Sounds like you're ordering my car. Stick with the Midnight Silver. I think they really set the car off.
do you have stripes on yours?
IBMcamaroGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #702
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroGIRL View Post
midnight silver rims look great with stripes i'm not getting any stripes its goin to be my everyday car
When I first ordered my car it was back in May of last year when there were hardly any cars out there to see. I ordered IBM sight unseen; mine was the first one I saw with that color when it arrived in August. I have never regretted it; it's an absolutely beautiful and rich color; especially in direct sunlight.

I had all these "ideas" of stripes and what all that I was going to do to it when I was waiting those 3 long months before it arrived. But once I had it and was driving it I realized just how beautiful a car it actually is, just as it is. I changed the wheels and all my mods so far have been intake, exhaust, brakes, suspension (Pedder's), short-throw shifter, etc. which are performance improvements but do not change anything on the body of the car. I find myself extremely reluctant to do anything to the body until I can find something that I think will actually improve the looks. And believe me, that's been no easy task. The designers did an incredible job creating a beautiful car.

You can always have stripes painted on or custom paint mods done at any time. My advice is to get the car as it comes from the factory; live with it a bit and see how you feel about it. When I got mine I wouldn't let the dealer prep the outside of my car; I gave them strict instructions to NOT wash it so I picked it up dirty. I drove it home, very carefully hosed it off, clay-barred it, washed it and prepped it myself. When I stood there looking at that deep, rich midnight blue under the lights....wow what a beautiful color and car.

(I did this because the rail dust that accumulates on the car can put swirl marks in the paint if you simply grab a rag and soapy water and start washing it the way you normally would. Swirl marks really stand out on a dark color. I hosed it off, took a sponge and soapy water and simply glided it in one long direction each stroke across the top surfaces to simply get all loose dirt off. For the hood I started at the base of the windshield and glided towards the front of the car; picked the sponge up, rinsed it out, re-soaped it, went back to the base of the windshield, did another stroke next to the first one, rinsed it out, re-soaped it, etc. Do not use a circular motion or 'drag' the sponge back and forth at this stage or you WILL put tiny swirl marks in the paint from those tiny bits of rail dust the sponge picked up. The goal is to get that stuff off the paint, not drag it around on it. I hosed the car off again and let it dry completely. I then wet clay-barred it doing the same motions; long single strokes in the same direction; no circular motions or going back and forth. Rinsed it off, soapy water and sponge again. Let it dry. This may sound excessive but when I was done the paint surface looked like a deep blue mirror; no swirl marks nor will there be any when the sun shines on the surface. It took me a few hours to do this that first evening I had it but it was so worth it. When I finally put the first coat of wax on it...wow... I fell in love with this color which is why I've been so reluctant to do anything to it.)

Live with your Camaro a bit before making any changes to the body; you might fall in love with it the way it is or just want subtle changes instead of something radical. You can always get stripes and whatever later.

Great choice on color... congrats!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #703
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
do you have stripes on yours?
I originally didn't want any stripes but after almost a year I realize it needs something. It's just too much blue. I ordered the GM Cyber Gray Metallic stripes. Just too much blue. Needs something to break up all that color.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #704
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

This is another member's IBM with CGM stripes. Made me really decide to do it. The stripes are very subtle, not overpowering.
Attached Images

2017 HBM 2SS
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #705
Hew

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 1995 Z28
Need help....

Are the 19" painted aluminum rims the same paint/color as the 20" Midnight sliver? Trying to decide on 19" painted, 19" Bright, or the 20" Midnight....
Hew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #706
IBMcamaroGIRL

so it was too late to add the polished I'm sticking with ms on the rs package they really do set off the imperial blue.. 6 more weeks this wait is pure agony!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #707
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
so it was too late to add the polished I'm sticking with ms on the rs package they really do set off the imperial blue.. 6 more weeks this wait is pure agony!!!!!!
You wont regret it. Midnight silver goes really well with IBM, especially if you add silver stripes.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #708
hotty toddy
Hellll yes! Damnnn right!

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
IBM bowties:

The bowties are from RPI design. It took a month to receive them, but they look great. I also had the "RS" and "GM" badges removed.
hotty toddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #709
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotty toddy View Post
IBM bowties:

The bowties are from RPI design. It took a month to receive them, but they look great. I also had the "RS" and "GM" badges removed.

Beautiful, where did u order them from?
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #710
hotty toddy

69Rebel:

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1800&catid=

Just a little disclaimer...they are a little pricey. But the bowties are the only cosmetic mod I wanted to do, so it was worth it. AND it took about 31 days to get them from order to delivery. So you gotta be patient. The guy at RPI design was helpful, but he said they're really backed up on their orders. Anyway, I love them.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #711
IBMcamaroGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotty toddy View Post
69Rebel:

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1800&catid=

Just a little disclaimer...they are a little pricey. But the bowties are the only cosmetic mod I wanted to do, so it was worth it. AND it took about 31 days to get them from order to delivery. So you gotta be patient. The guy at RPI design was helpful, but he said they're really backed up on their orders. Anyway, I love them.
were they difficult to put on?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #712
hotty toddy

Not really. BUT, you might end up breaking the clips on the stock front one. Since I didn't really need it anymore, I wasn't that heartbroken. The adhesive on the stock back one was kind of a PITA to get off, but they look amazing. I might try to take a few more pics today. Any requests?

Last edited by hotty toddy; 05-02-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #713
Lnch Mny

Drives: IBM Camaro
Stripes on IBM Camaro

Here is the pic of my stripes. They are supposed to be red, but I think they look orange. Let me know what you think people....
Attached Images

Lnch Mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #714
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Broncos fan?

2017 HBM 2SS

Tags
ibm camaro, imperial blue, imperial blue camaro, imperial blue metallic, imperial blue metallic camaro, the best color ever