Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #57
leadfoot

Drives: 1LT RS
She was about 30 minutes late. Snow tires did well, the rear wanted to come around on her a few times, but all in all not bad. I think she feels much better getting one under her belt.
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #58
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Maybe the snow got some of the idiot drivers off the road for a while. I'm not necessarily worried about my driving.. I'm not in a hurry and just take my time..it's the other drivers out there trying to kill people with their crazy, speeding, wreckless driving in bad conditions.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #59
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

and it couldn't be any colder at a worse time. I'm having my clearbra installed this Sat, and need to wash/clean the car up before hand. Now, my window of opportunity is tomorrow, as Thur & Fri is only to be in the upper 20's. Dang it!! So I will be washing it tomorrow and keeping it in the garage till Sat.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #60
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Man it was crazy around Indy Monday. My baby has been in the garage this week. It was frustrating watching this guy as he wizzed by me Monday morning while I was creeping along. Then it was funny when I saw him in the middle culvert a couple miles down the road stuck in the mud! It was super slick that day. My four wheel drive had no grip. Hope you guys up north don't get snowed in!
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #61
Mlitemn

Drives: 1SS/RS, CGM
Yes Monday was quite the adventure, first snow in the Camaro, and I dont have snow tires. Needless to say there is not much grip with the original tires. Its a good thing I only live a couple of miles from work.
Mlitemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #62
wer2foxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlitemn View Post
Yes Monday was quite the adventure, first snow in the Camaro, and I dont have snow tires. Needless to say there is not much grip with the original tires. Its a good thing I only live a couple of miles from work.
I would have had to change my pants driving that far! lol
Old 03-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #63
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I caught this one a little late I am from the Indianapolis area about 2 miles off the highway south of Beech Grove. I spent the money and got snow tires and had no trouble getting around the 1300.00 for the tires and rims were well worth the money. Anyone have an idea if you have snow tires on right now when you will be taking yours off. I am thinking it is getting close to time to do that.

Last edited by dragom; 03-07-2010 at 04:53 AM.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #64
wer2foxs

Hey Dragom, I hope you are right about taking the snow tires off but don't jinx us just yet lol! Hope you can meet with other locals around here soon. I am sure we will whip up something.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #65
leadfoot

Drives: 1LT RS
Snow tires will come off soon. But not yet. I might actually wait until around the first of April. Really don't want to jump the gun on the switch.

This is Indiana, I shall NOT be tricked by one nice weekend.
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #66
wer2foxs

Pulled her out of the garage yesterday and took her out for a spin. Forgot just how fun these things are to drive. It was driving it for the first time WEEEEEE!!!! Another cruise planned for today!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #67
Mlitemn

Drives: 1SS/RS, CGM
I have been having Fun (a little sarcasim) all winter sliding around on the summer tires. I am glad it is starting to warm up though so it will be a little less stressfull driving.
Mlitemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #68
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragom View Post
I caught this one a little late I am from the Indianapolis area about 2 miles off the highway south of Beech Grove. I spent the money and got snow tires and had no trouble getting around the 1300.00 for the tires and rims were well worth the money. Anyone have an idea if you have snow tires on right now when you will be taking yours off. I am thinking it is getting close to time to do that.
I work over in Beech Grove.. I'll keep my eye out for the yellow monster.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #69
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

You can definitely tell the spring is around the corner. Had a few SS's stop by and the phones are getting busier for sure.

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #70
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wer2foxs View Post
Dave O is planning a get together of Midwest Camaro owners next spring in Bloomington, IL. If you are interested go to this thread and sign up. Maybe we could meet in Indiana somewhere and go in a convoy. Let me know if you signed up so maybe we can plan. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=52737&page=2
Thanks.
Got an UPDATE guys! It is May 1st 11am @ Ted's Garage in Clinton IL!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote