Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #785
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Well, I just got the notification for the Riverfront show for this year......and once again it falls on Dover Downs Race Weekend................so it appears that I will miss this show again..............
For those of us who are lucky enough to attend....here is the flyer I got with registration info.
This is so stupid! Why does he do it on the one weekend that Nascar comes to town? Well the person that sets up the show is clearly not a race fan, I don't know how to respond to this I'm so pissed off right now.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #786
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
UMMMMM.............. I wouldn't bet on that.... unless the GM dealership does the install.

Scotty, NUCAR Chevy near the New Castle airport has a performance shop, I would check with them if you want to get those gears and keep your warranty. If you have to get a tune, then your warranty is out the door as far as motor and drivetrain anyway....unless the dealer does it.

Thats not taking anything away from RPM...as you have heard on here...they have an extremely good reputation
When they first announced the 1LE package I seem to recall reading that it was something that could be added to SS/manual cars that weren't originally ordered with it. Not sure if that's the case or if you'd have to do an entire package or if you could just do certain parts.

I really was only interested in it for the gears...I didn't want the black hood or the black wheels and I figured I'd have to change the springs to something lower so the suspension wasn't a selling point. (Although when I lowered the car there were no sway bar upgrades available yet for the 2013.)

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #787
ScottyB911

Ah...seems I didnt remember the article clearly...

"And the best part about it? Those 2 percent won't have to have a "1 percent" level of resources to afford the 1LE. When it's available sometime around the end of August, the 1LE package will add just $3,500 to the price of the standard SS. Oppenheiser said owners of current Camaros will be able to replicate most of the 1LE package from the parts catalog, although they won't have access to the unique final-drive ratio or the new electric power steering. Bummer."

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cam...road-test.html

Scotty B
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #788
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
we still doing crabs one of these days?

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #789
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post

YES!!!!! that will be on the docket this year for sure!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #790
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
This is so stupid! Why does he do it on the one weekend that Nascar comes to town? Well the person that sets up the show is clearly not a race fan, I don't know how to respond to this I'm so pissed off right now.

Yeah, me too........ if I remember right, NASCAR changed to the first weekend in June for the 1st Dover race last year.......this was the weekend that the Riverfront show was held on......so it was NASCAR that messed up......the promoters of the show simply won't change the weekend because they "had it first" and apparently they had a great turnout because they won't switch it off that weekend.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #791
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Well, I just got the notification for the Riverfront show for this year......and once again it falls on Dover Downs Race Weekend................so it appears that I will miss this show again..............
For those of us who are lucky enough to attend....here is the flyer I got with registration info.
oh sweet! i might actuallygo this year! thats when my R&R ends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
When they first announced the 1LE package I seem to recall reading that it was something that could be added to SS/manual cars that weren't originally ordered with it. Not sure if that's the case or if you'd have to do an entire package or if you could just do certain parts.

I really was only interested in it for the gears...I didn't want the black hood or the black wheels and I figured I'd have to change the springs to something lower so the suspension wasn't a selling point. (Although when I lowered the car there were no sway bar upgrades available yet for the 2013.)
im still waiting on GM releasing the performace package for the SS.. i know there is a list out right now.. but some parts are missing..
but yeah i can understand the hood.. but i would of took those rims from you!

Quote:
im down for some crabs!!
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #792
ScottyB911

Quote:
I'd be in for that...

Scotty B
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #793
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Your warranty will be shot if something happens after a tune and or gears unless maybe a dealership will stand behind it. ( good luck ) By the way anyone looking to do FI later might not want to do 3.91's from what I have read.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #794
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
yeah i was told not to do FI if i am going for 3.91... too tell you the truth.. the only think i might do is turbo.. buttt that probably wont happen since i dont have the money for it.. sooo just a tune and with headers will do! lol
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #795
ScottyB911

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Your warranty will be shot if something happens after a tune and or gears unless maybe a dealership will stand behind it. ( good luck ) By the way anyone looking to do FI later might not want to do 3.91's from what I have read.
I'm also trying to exercise some restraint this time around...historically Ive had a tendency to blow all kinds of money on mods and upgrades only to wind up getting a different car shortly after. LOL. (At least as far as cosmetic mods go I was able to cannibalize a fair amount of stuff from the old camaro before I traded it)

Scotty B

Last edited by ScottyB911; 03-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #796
96MrBass

Drives: GM
The gears are a pretty fun mod I must say.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #797
Bmatth1162

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Is the guy who has a black with red stripes SS who talked to a guy with a beard in a GT-R on 202 in DE today here? I know that's very specific, but my brother (who has the GT-R) told me that he asked you what you had done to the SS because it sounded great and you said you had a catback but he didn't catch the brand. He knows his sounds, if said guy is on here I'm also curious what brand catback it is... Thanks!

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #798
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
Is the guy who has a black with red stripes SS who talked to a guy with a beard in a GT-R on 202 in DE today here? I know that's very specific, but my brother (who has the GT-R) told me that he asked you what you had done to the SS because it sounded great and you said you had a catback but he didn't catch the brand. He knows his sounds, if said guy is on here I'm also curious what brand catback it is... Thanks!
Jiggs420 is the only active 1st State member that is close to that description....his car is black with IOM stripes.....other than that I would post this in the spotted thread.....you may get more of a chance of a response in there if the car was from the surrounding area.