Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #351
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
As someone who bought a V6 manual, I really like the idea of the LT1. It seems to offer all the things I'd like while keeping the square all-seasons. I live in the midwest with 4 full seasons and don't want to hassle with wheel/tire swap and expense for this car. I think the hard part may be keeping the options low to keep the price away from SS territory. I see this like the old LX 5.0 fox body - base model but with the big engine - great idea!

If the LT1 comes with the same Goodyear A/S runflats as the V6 RS it will be severely traction limited. The V6 is already too much for those tires and quite hard to launch. I bet 0-60 times for the LT1 won't be good on factory tires (although I don't really care about 0-60). Maybe they will upgrade the tire though - who knows.

Last edited by 6sigma; 05-07-2019 at 12:12 PM.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:57 PM   #352
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
As someone who bought a V6 manual, I really like the idea of the LT1. It seems to offer all the things I'd like while keeping the square all-seasons. I live in the midwest with 4 full seasons and don't want to hassle with wheel/tire swap and expense for this car. I think the hard part may be keeping the options low to keep the price away from SS territory. I see this like the old LX 5.0 fox body - base model but with the big engine - great idea!

If the LT1 comes with the same Goodyear A/S runflats as the V6 RS it will be severely traction limited. The V6 is already too much for those tires and quite hard to launch. I bet 0-60 times for the LT1 won't be good on factory tires (although I don't really care about 0-60). Maybe they will upgrade the tire though - who knows.
I think the idea behind it is that people are going to change/modify it anyways. Put out a car thats decent, but you know the customer is going to change things anyways.
All the LT1 customer wants is the V8.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #353
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
GM admitting they made a mistake on the 2019. How did that hideous 2019 flow tie designed front end get approved in the first place for the SS? Very costly mistake when you are forced to redesign it one year later.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #354
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
GM admitting they made a mistake on the 2019. How did that hideous 2019 flow tie designed front end get approved in the first place for the SS? Very costly mistake when you are forced to redesign it one year later.
I think they rehired some of their old designers from the 80s and 90s.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #355
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post

You can't really compare this to the old 5.0 LX's or Firebird Formulas. The only difference in those cars compared to the GT's and Trans Am's were cosmetic. They had the same performance underpinnings. This is going to lose some of that in addition to the cosmetic differences.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #356
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Dont know looks the same to me... moving a bowtie is not what I call change. It is GMs way to give the closet haters a way to come to terms with the new design so the they can come out of the closet
...lol...
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #357
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
What he said ^

The 19 SS front end IMO was just way to busy, and much to close to the chevy corporate face. It looked like they fell in love with the flo-tie and decided it had to go on there
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #358
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The 19 Flowtie location visually makes the front end look like a Silverado or Camarado. Simply moving it back to the upper grill makes the front end look less like a pickup truck and more like a Camaro again. HUGE difference aesthetically and my major complaint since the 19 reveal.

That's great you like it! You should buy one! I want to see a gen 7!
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #359
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
If it is intended as a non track car, base brake on the Camaro should be more than fine. Think of it this way, if your passenger goes 3 bills and up and you have any luggage your bop rake won’t fail you.

You are now into GVWR and I wouldn’t be worried if you aren’t overloading the car.

I think the point of the LT1 is simply the customer that wants thrust when thec accelerator is pushed.

Base Camaro is much more than a Malibu.

But they could put Brembos on standard but then the only thing they are taking away for thev3 grand is wider rear wheels and coolers.

Have to wait and see.
Those little brakes seem pretty undersized. We'll see what they actually do.

Doesn't the LT1 also drop down to the 1LT interior, including the downscale 7" infotainment system, fewer speakers. etc.?
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #360
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
For those wondering. The LT1 will have Brembos. That's why it comes with 20" wheels standard.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #361
JimRockford

Drives: 1SS + SS-Sedan M6 + Terrain diesel
My wrecked 05 GTO is prettier than any new camaro!

I'm very surprised by this new LT1 V8 model.
It's exactly what I want and have bought before. I'll probably buy one.

After owning 5 V8 camaros/firebirds, an 05 GTO, this new LT1 camaro v8 is the only car I'd consider trading-in 015 M6 SS Sedan with 50k miles... GM knows its market! Recently they tried to sell me CTS-V with an awesome track-day but I foiled them by purchasing SS Sedan instead!

I'd still have the 05 GTO but a left-turner totalled it out and I sold it to a friend who fixed it into awesomeness. Hardest part to find is that GTO grille!

As for the Camaro styling, 04/05/06 GTO was considered maximum ugly.
Yet last year when it was wrecked the 05 GTO still looked better than any of these recent camaros.
Attached Images

JimRockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #362
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I like the look of my '19 1SS front end. It's clean and looks good. I like it over the '19 Mustang GT too. The pre 2019 I liked too but the '19 looks fine and love the rear lights too.

I'm not that picky though. It's all about the drive for me. And the A10 1SS drives like a beast.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #363
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
I like the look of my '19 1SS front end. It's clean and looks good. I like it over the '19 Mustang GT too. The pre 2019 I liked too but the '19 looks fine and love the rear lights too.

I'm not that picky though. It's all about the drive for me. And the A10 1SS drives like a beast. All those hung up on the looks sound like little f@ggots boys.
Maybe there's away of expressing this without being a homophobic A'hole?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #364
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Hellcat. Demon. Scat Pack. Boss 302. GT 500.

Then we have LT1. Not to be confused the 1LT or the 1LE.

I found a couple original 5th gen 2SS models with barely any mileage for sale and I'm thinking more and more of just going that route.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote