Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #99
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRANKYPANTS View Post
I LIKE THE COLOR. I WISH IT WAS A LITTLE DARKER AND LESS LIME COLOR BUT IT IS NICE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinfan72 View Post
I agree with Crankypants...Darker green...
A little darker would have been much better and I think it would have gotten many more customers. Including myself.

I love my IBM. But if the green was a little darker I wouldn't be thinking of trading my car in for a Z down the road.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #100
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi576 View Post
I think this pic of my car does the synergy green justice!
Brandi, SGM is a color that no picture will EVER do justice to. A film just can't capture all the light our eyes make out when we see it.
Having said that, that picture is as close to justice as you can get on film.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #101
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
My final thoughts - out of respect for the 2010 synergy edition gm could have renamed the color to Forrest Green Lime or anything else and kept the limited edition limited.

Piss poor planning in marketing is all I'm saying. I'll let it go now. I'm sure gm will prove to have more issues to hold our attention as the days go on....
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #102
paytnom

Drives: 2012 KIA Forte; 2011 2SS/RS - SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
If the Z/28 was out today it would be this color with white stripes and in my garage! Awsome color combo! This is a 60's color for sure, grat job on this color GM!!!
Agree, you will see this color again as a Z/28 at some point. Also agree the white stripe gives it a good retro look
paytnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #103
dgformula2k
lurker

Drives: 2000 Firebird Formula
I think the SSE cars are still special, they are the only ones with green acrylic panels and stitching. Plus rear spoiler that was RS/SS only. I don't think there will be alot of Synergy cars just because its a polarizing color people either seem to love or hate. Just like ABM.
Maybe GM should have made "SE" badges for where the RS/SS badges go to differentiate the two.
dgformula2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #104
slimer

Drives: 2010 synergy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
Exactly. Plus, the 2010 SGM's won't have the back-up sensors like the 2011's, so there's at least a way to tell them apart (though I could be wrong on that one).
And besides, complaining about it now won't change anything. GM's stopping the color later this year anyways, so it's not like there will be that many 2011 SGM's.
i own a synergy and i got the back up sensors the thing tellin them apart is the green door panels and the green stitching which if ur at a show it will stand out with a 2011 next to it... i wish they offered it wit a v8 the first year but that just makes it somethin to work on =)
slimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #105
darksonic
madmax

Drives: ABM 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by odman_1 View Post
all I know is that I have a 2010 sg V6 with a manual transmisson and only 400 and some odd number were made this way and I would say that half of those were with a sunroof. so the one I have without the sunroof is a very limited editon and will be easy to sell if I ever wanted to someday down the road.
it will be worth no more than any other camaro of its type and color will have very little impact on the value either..........you have nothing rare............you do have something I assume that you like because you bought it............. hell an amc pacer is more rare than any modern camaro and I dont see people lining up to buy them..........I guess all these people thinking they have something rare will have a reality check when trade in or blue book time comes around..........I dont think their explination for the rarity of their particular camaro because of color and options will be much of a barganing tool........especially as fast as they are churning em out...

as far as the synergy green people cryn fowl.....do you suddenly now dislike the color because its now being offered on the v8s ......I think if the color is selling that well........GM has shown that they can make wise business decisions......IE offering the synergy in the v8........If that makes you mad at GM then shame on you for expecting them to not make a decision that has helped them get back out of a black hole........and become a stronger company..
darksonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #106
slimer

Drives: 2010 synergy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksonic View Post
all of these people that think they have some super special color ........... take this............WAKE UP!!!!!!!! Dont be a door knob!!!!!!!!!! unless you have the second jay leno camaro or a super ultra rare one of 100 made blah blah blah..........It aint worth any more than the one driving down the road beside you............if you bought it as an investment banking on the value of it to skyrocket you to no more TV dinners, than you will be sad to know that probably about the time a 40 something of today croaks OF OLD AGE in about 40 or 50 years...........it might be worth a little something...........but when u figure in inflation............not really much............hell I got a aqua blue metalic...............RARE? probably more RARE now than a synergy green............but still not gonna be any big deal till mabe bout the time i croak......if at all.......DRIVE EM ENJOY EM.............THATS WHY WE BOUGHT EM RIGHT............THE NEXT GENERATION WILL FIGURE OUT THE REST...........and if the day comes when its worth something ...you probably wont be around anyway...............so shut up and drive!!!!!!!!!! NUFF SAID.
actually in my perspective...i didnt buy the car for the color or limited edition... but i plan on keepin the car till i die i love the freakin thing.. in say 15 years down the line some of the cars are gonna die off the number left will drop and idc wat anyone says cuz it happens wit a lotta cars in the past the value is only going to go up... and especially to the people that used to have one and want it again, not all but some people are crazy enough where money isnt a problem for them.. and even though the color is going to be around a lot in 2011, the little things the first year had wont be there and make it worth money.. i agree with just drive the car and enjoy it... but dam dude did u get upset quick
slimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #107
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksonic View Post
it will be worth no more than any other camaro of its type and color will have very little impact on the value either..........you have nothing rare............you do have something I assume that you like because you bought it............. hell an amc pacer is more rare than any modern camaro and I dont see people lining up to buy them..........I guess all these people thinking they have something rare will have a reality check when trade in or blue book time comes around..........I dont think their explination for the rarity of their particular camaro because of color and options will be much of a barganing tool........especially as fast as they are churning em out...

as far as the synergy green people cryn fowl.....do you suddenly now dislike the color because its now being offered on the v8s ......I think if the color is selling that well........GM has shown that they can make wise business decisions......IE offering the synergy in the v8........If that makes you mad at GM then shame on you for expecting them to not make a decision that has helped them get back out of a black hole........and become a stronger company..
You wasnt lied to while purchasing your camaro so i wouldnt expect u to understand while us that were might be a little upset about it! and as i said before i didnt buy this car thinking it was going to be worth a shit load more than any other color! I still love the color and love my car! Im not crying, just tends to piss me off a little when im lied to thats all..hope u can at least understand that, im sure u dont like being lied to cause i dont know anyone yet that does!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #108
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
Quote:
You wasnt lied to while purchasing your camaro so i wouldnt expect u to understand while us that were might be a little upset about it! and as i said before i didnt buy this car thinking it was going to be worth a shit load more than any other color! I still love the color and love my car! Im not crying, just tends to piss me off a little when im lied to thats all..hope u can at least understand that, im sure u dont like being lied to cause i dont know anyone yet that does!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #109
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
That color looks fantastic with white stripes! I cannot wait to see some painted on.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #110
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
It looks sweet on the SS.

And all you people complaining about the special editions, just because they made it available in 2011 does not change the fact that yours is a special edition. Yours are 2010s and have interior stuff that the others don't. GM did not lie to you, they never said that color was not going to be offered in the future.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #111
brandi576

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
It looks sweet on the SS.

And all you people complaining about the special editions, just because they made it available in 2011 does not change the fact that yours is a special edition. Yours are 2010s and have interior stuff that the others don't. GM did not lie to you, they never said that color was not going to be offered in the future.
I was lied to and it might not have been gm personally that did it, but it was a dealership that represents them!! So maybe they need to do a better job of making the dealerships that are going to be selling thier vehicles understand what they mean when they call something a special limited edition! Im very aware now that the interior is why its a special limited edition, that is until they decide to bring it back out in the 2011..im sure they reserved the right to reproduce that again if the demand is high enough!!!!! I understand being irritated isnt going to change a thing but i reserve the right to be pissed off about it and therefore i am! With that said i will continue to drive my car and enjoy it everyday!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #112
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post