Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Rob53

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS VR Camaro convertible
Got the call today

Just got off the phone with the order manager at my local dealer. I am #2 on the list of 14. My order was pulled today for a 2SS/RS GBD AFN LS3 MN6 CF5 Q9J translated = Aqua Blue Metallic, Gray leather interior, 6.2L V8 Man 6 spd Trans, sun roof, and 20" polished aluminum wheels. I am holding off on the white rally stripes until after I see what she looks like as is. I'll probably add them, but really want to see her "au Natural" Will add CAI and catback after I bring her home. I feel like an expectant dad now, knowing she is on her way!
:flag2:

Rob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
KDawg

Drives: GTP
Congrats!!! Did they give you a guesstimate as to when you'll be getting it?
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
Congrats!!!

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
undrcop2010

Drives: 1LT/RS SIM
Congrats!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Rob53

None

I really didn't ask though. I'm cool with my status as is. I'm thinking sometime in May. It's just a relief to get past the "pulled" order. My contact at the dealership told me that he would shoot me an email as my event codes change, so again, I'm happy with the way things are going. I have to admit though, I've had a big old smile on my face since I hung up the phone!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Congratulations! Shoot...not to give you false hope, but if yours has nothing on constraint, AND you are 2nd in line, you might get it a tad bit quicker than that...(I would think). Guess it's best to hope for May and be surprised by getting it in mid to late April!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Congrats! I am sooo looking forward to that call!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Rob53

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the Congrats! April would be cool, but I'm not expecting it early. I will be okay with whenever it arrives. I think you can appreciate the feeling of relief I am experiencing now that the order has been placed. None of my options are listed constraints, so it should be a go from this point on. I really do appreciate the camaraderie here. We all share the ordering process in common, and have all felt the anxiety of not knowing whether or not GM would even make it to this point, so it really is a good feeling to have the order pulled. We are all in this together guys & gals, each person who's order is puilled, brings that event closer to you who have not yet had your order pulled. Hang in there, and know that what you are waiting for, will be well worth the wait! Go GM & ^5 to our men & women building our Camaro's at Oshawa

Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Congrats! Post lots of pics!!! That's the color I have on order, and I always love seeing new pics of it
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
finally --FINALLY GOT THAT CALL!!!!!

juat got that call we all wait for------it was like pulling teeth---buttttttttttt heres the news for me

my car a 2SS/RS rally yellow/black hood stripes/20 inch polished wheels/sunroof/ground effects/cai/catbacksAUTOMATIC/black leather interior/tinted wndows as dark as ohio law will let me-lol

dealer told me mine was first car picked up by GM from the dealership

my build date is between april 6th and 12th
possible pall park dilivery date------maay 1st!!!!!!---
i now can sleep tonight---stop bugging you guys my dealership and gm
i cant even begin to express my feelings now--except to thank all the mods and my camaro comrades on this sight for putting up with my rants and raves an stupid questtions---THANK YOU!!!!!!!!---------------- oh i might add the next time he talks to me he will be calling to give me my vin#

Last edited by leatherneck; 03-12-2009 at 02:05 PM.
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Just got off the phone here and I've been pulled! 2SS/black/20 polished wheels. My sales person didn't have a build date so I might call the order manager next week to get the status. I'm #2 there so I suspect I'll have my car really soon!
Are the cars being pulled in this batch just one week behind the fisrt batch of cars that were pulled last week? If so do you think they'll be sent out together. I mean, will the dealers be taking 1 car per week deliveries or will the cars be shipped in small batches of 2 or 3?
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #12
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
juat got that call we all wait for------it was like pulling teeth---buttttttttttt heres the news for me

my car a 2SS/RS rally yellow/black hood stripes/20 inch polished wheels/sunroof/ground effects/cai/catbacksAUTOMATIC/black leather interior/tinted wndows as dark as ohio law will let me-lol

dealer told me mine was first car picked up by GM from the dealership

my build date is between april 6th and 12th
possible pall park dilivery date------maay 1st!!!!!!---
i now can sleep tonight---stop bugging you guys my dealership and gm
i cant even begin to express my feelings now--except to thank all the mods and my camaro comrades on this sight for putting up with my rants and raves an stupid questtions---THANK YOU!!!!!!!!---------------- oh i might add the next time he talks to me he will be calling to give me my vin#
Are you implying that you ordered your car with tinted windows? If so, how much was it? Or did you mean you are going to take it somewhere to get it done after delivery?
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Are you implying that you ordered your car with tinted windows? If so, how much was it? Or did you mean you are going to take it somewhere to get it done after delivery?
noo the dealer will be tinting the windows already squared away on that!!!

on ohio only the top 5 inches of the front windshield can be tinted. the front driver and the front paagers windows at 20%--the passenger rear windows can be as dark as you want and so can the rear window
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
Rob53

Congrats Leatherneck and Toehead!

I'll be following those who got pulled together today to see when we each get our Camaros. It's great to see people going from frustrated to happy with just a single phome call from the local dealer. Hang in there Camaro guys and gals, your turn is coming up soon!