Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Is CAI scoop worth it?

For Christmas I got an apex CAI scoop and washer relocation kit, but I have been waiting to install it for when I get my CAI in the coming months. But, the more I think about it, the more I am leaning toward selling it. I wanted to get it because I thought it would go great with my CAI and ported TB, but I am wondering if is worth it? What are yalls thoughts, should I sell it and put the money towards another mod or is it worth it to install it? Opinions are appreciated!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
unforgiven
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 ss
it works very well. install it
unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
Ryan2011RS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS dusk edition .
Verryyyyyyy worth it . You will really notice a difference .
Ryan2011RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgiven View Post
it works very well. install it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS View Post
Verryyyyyyy worth it . You will really notice a difference .
Like they said, it is definitely worth it. Your engine needs cool dense air to make more power and that is exactly what the scoop feeds into your intake. Here are a few more quotes from customers of ours about the results they saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I installed the Cold Air Inductions CAI two weeks ago. I did not notice any performance difference over the following week. The following weekend I installed the (APEX) scoop and washer relocation kit. The difference was amazing, especially at around 3000 rpms and up. Car pulls much harder now, and sounds different too...

So I definitely recommend it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Had the CAI installed a few months ago, just never got around to installing the relo and scoop till this past weekend....after driving around with just the CAI, which itself made adifference in the feel, and now with the scoop, I can tell you that there seems to be a major improvement with the scoop. My butt Dyno definatly feels and hears a big difference compared to just the CAI....definatly recommend the scoop. One of the best cost to performance ratio's Ive done so far to my Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeboe View Post
Results:

Uhmmm yeah it is noticeable..wow!!!! The install was good and clean, the CAI just looks right down sexy as hell, CAI inc makes a good intake! it dresses up the engine nicely.... Sound has improved! and throttle response is smooth and shifts cleans. I recommend the Scoop WW kit and CAI to anyone.. got mines from Chase at APEX-great guy to to business with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichi View Post
I just installed a CAI, scoop, and a windshield washer relocate kit that I bought from APEX. The install went smooth with no problems. When I was done I took my car for a spin and WOW what a difference. It seemed to run a lot smoother and faster.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Oh He11 Yeah! You will really feel the difference! Doooooooooooooooooooo it!

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 02-13-2013 at 11:46 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Although we have never tested the various scoops available, I have never heard anything but positive feedback from those who have added them to our CAI.

Either way you decide, thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc for your CAI!!!

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Thanks for all the info everyone! I will definitely keep it and install it whenever I get my CAI!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Worth it IMO. Had one installed in my old LS3 SS. It helps channel more air to the Intake.

But don't expect some dramatic change tho. There is little or no change to how the car feel/drives. But it does help the intake get cooler and more air to it.

I had that ADM one..
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I beg to differ. With the waterbottle relocation & scoop from Apex I could really feel a difference. Much more responsive & no lag time anymore & I could just feel stronger accelleration, just by butt dyno, but it was a wow kind of difference in the feel. Just IMHO. I did add the Black Iceolator which also helped.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone! I will definitely keep it and install it whenever I get my CAI!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
would water get into the filter though if its raining and your driving fast
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Eh, I installed my CAI at the beginning of the week and the scoop/bottle relocator at the end of the week. I didn't really notice any difference, and my data reader said the Intake Air Temperature didn't change, either. But, it looks cool and finishes off the 'package' so I'm OK with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
I drive my car every day and have been through rain so heavy I had to press the gas noticeably harder to cut the water on the road. No issues. If you get water into the intake with the scoop installed, you probably drove into a lake to do it.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
There is no additional risk of water ingestion with the scoop. In order for water to get to the air box it would have to enter the scoop, negotiate a 45 degree corner, make a 90 degree turn upward, and then climb about 12 inches vertically. While the scoop does direct additional cool dense air flow into the intake it does not create a vacuum capable of doing all that. Water vapor condenses against the back wall of the scoop and is drained through weep holes in the bottom rear corners. The only way I can see forcing enough water into the intake to hydro lock it would be for you to hit standing water at least as deep as the fog lights and with a bit of speed. And if you do that you are going to have plenty of other problems too.