Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Hopefully this turns around soon

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/the-d...t-quarter/amp/
Old 10-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I think the Challenger is a great car, but considering it's more expensive than the Mustang and Camaro, I could never justify one comparetively speaking
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
I think the Challenger is a great car, but considering it's more expensive than the Mustang and Camaro, I could never justify one comparetively speaking
Check again. Not with the current rebates. I've seen Scat Pack 392 challengers selling in the $31-32K range. Not sure you can match that with a 1SS these days.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
"Hopefully this turns around soon"

Don't hold your breath...

On one hand, I would love to see Camaro outsell Challenger and Mustang....

On the other hand, it is pretty cool having a car that you almost never see another one of...

I have never seen another Red Hot ZL1 where I live. I have seen only 2 other: a black one and a blue one.

At Cars and Coffee events, my car tends to draw more attention than a Vette. Why? Because there are usually a bunch of Corvettes and my ZL1 is usually the only one.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #5
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
While I'm not a fan of Chrysler products, the Challenger is the best of the bunch in terms of being a usable car. The Camaro has basically evolved into a very specific category that is not practical for most buyers. While the Challenger can be used as a family car, the Camaro has basically become a 2 seat midlife crisis car.

This is not going to change unless the Camaro changes. The possibility of that looks to be slim to none.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
While I'm not a fan of Chrysler products, the Challenger is the best of the bunch in terms of being a usable car. The Camaro has basically evolved into a very specific category that is not practical for most buyers. While the Challenger can be used as a family car, the Camaro has basically become a 2 seat midlife crisis car.

This is not going to change unless the Camaro changes. The possibility of that looks to be slim to none.
Ok, I'll bite, what's YOUR " midlife crisis"? I bought mine because, I just plain fell in love and knew I had to have it. No crisis here.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #8
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Hopefully this turns around soon

What the hell for? In my immediate circle of friends there are over a half dozen various Challengers and almost as many mustangs and Chargers. Forget about 'Vettes. I've already owned one Challenger and 2 Mustangs in the last few years.

Who wants to be surrounded be a literal sea of the same cars? I wish SSs were more exclusive to be honest.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #9
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post

This is correct. As a non-owner of either car (yet), I can objectively tell you the space and visibility issues of the Camaro do NOT show well on a test drive. Most folks shopping pony cars are not looking at them as a weekend second or third car, they need to get to work on Monday and load people and groceries in on the weekends. The Challenger does all of that easily, the Camaro...well, it's cool, but you gotta do a lot of mental math and negotiating to make it work.

I drove a 1SS 1LE and it was fast, fun and looked cool; but I couldn't see the curb on a right-hand turn, and it was pretty claustrophobic in there. I got back in my V6 '17 Impala which has a dull 'big sedan' presence, but its quick, handles decent, carries all your stuff and you can see outta the damn thing. I didn't go home thinking I definitely needed to trade it for the much faster car I was just in.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #10
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
It all comes down to price. I hope so too. I like the challenger, but anything Chrysler puts out I would never buy.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #11
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Only chance is if Chevy discounts the Camaro 20-25% minimum plus all the dealer discounts like they've had to on the new Silverado's and Sierra's because of poor sales as well. Even then I don't see it changing a thing. But yeah gm knows what they're doing according to many on here.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
FCA just paid a hefty fine for lying about sales numbers!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/27/busin...ine/index.html

The "Muscle car sales race" is completely made up by the auto media and advanced by companies like FCA, and Ford somewhat.
Kind of like how Ford repeatedly claims "victory" for having the most truck sales in comparison to the Silverado, but they always lump together all their F-series sales (including 350 and 450), and when compared to silverado, they never include GMC sierra. They release some "press document" that gets picked up by all the media outlets, then people see headlines like "Ford still dominates with F-150 sales" when in fact it isn't just F150 at all, yet nowhere is that mentioned in the article. And then people read it and quote it on forums and youtube as if its completely true.

GM is one of the more honest companies out there, both in terms of sales numbers, and also power ratings for their engines, in fact they usually under-rate them, whereas Ford tends to obfuscate about power and fuel efficiency resulting in real world MPG being much worse, whereas for GM products its usually better.

The Camaro is a sports coupe. Compare its sales to other equivalently sized, powered, and priced sports coupes. And please, don't trust media articles about sales numbers, especially not FCA.

Last edited by protovack; 10-06-2019 at 07:43 PM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:21 PM   #13
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I’m 42, not married, no kids. A Camaro is fine for me as an everyday driver. Of the three it’s no doubt the best performance car comparing equivalent Camaro SS, Mustang GT, and Challenger R/T. However, knowing the non-existent back seat and limited trunk opening I know the Mustang and certainly the Challenger are much more useable cars to live with on a daily basis if you have more than one person to ride with you. Or even if you need to take your lawn mower to the shop.

But what really blows my mind are the Dodge performance commercials. They’re great. They embrace their history and focus on the performance of their cars, not “real people”.

When I was a kid The Heartbeat of America and Like A Rock were some killer commercial themes for Chevy. Bob Seger himself said he was proud to let Chevy use his song because the market research showed his song and theme alone helped move a couple hundred thousand more Silverados, which in turn helped the unions building them get and keep jobs and generate overtime.

I think GM needs to fire their marketing department. Those “real people” ads are embarrassing. Time to get back to what makes Chevys great. What makes Camaros great. Inject some spice into the ads.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #14
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Look at all the different hood options, paint and graphic stripe package options and the aggressive in your face ads that Dodge uses to market their product. Its a man's car and Dodge knows it. Chevy/ GM run their outfit like a girl...and it shows. Look at their weak silly ads they run.

Last edited by Mighty Mouce; 10-06-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote