Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Local Marketplace

Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #127
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Well since you asked for some results, here is a few below...and yes I am part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team...

The last event posted on a Road Course is here: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/w...e-Results1.pdf

If you look to the results the fastest 5th Gen was 4th against some pretty serious competition and he is a customer of Haddad Motorsports...also he beat out Jordan from JDP Motorsports who is another good driver and has an awesome 5th gen...Rob Byrd's Camaro is always fast and he has won more autocross events at Super Chevy than anyone I know.

I won fastest Modern Muscle at the SoCalChallenge.com in March, which is a small track and essentially a Time Attack format against a lot of the same Pro Touring crowd as Run to the Coast...hope to add another win at the second event in April before heading east for Heidt's Performance Challenge, Midwest Muscle Car Challenge and Optima Face Off at Road America...will see how I do....but my Camaro has been prepped by Haddad to give me the best opportunity to dominate, driver mod needs to continue to improve though...that one is always a challenge....

The real deal is very few people seem to actually race these Camaro's in So Cal, but if you look at Camaro Performers magazine from this month, you will see my old Camaro on the cover, little pic on bottom, White with Orange stripes and my buddies Silver Camaro inside the magazine from Return to the Coast event back in October...we were the two fastest 5th gens at that event...anyway, we do get some magazine exposure because our group is out there racing at events...whether autocross or road course....

I can say the fastest 5th gen I know of in So Cal is a customer of Haddad, Rob Byrd is the fastest guy I know and myself and the rest of the Race Team chase him on the autocross and road courses....
Old 04-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #128
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

The only Mistake I see here is He used the word "All"....I also Race my car at 90% of these events also and Have been runner up more time than I like too admit because of the Byrd Man..But most of the time our Self proclamed "So Cal Race Team" are a Group of Guys and Gals about 30 in all who just love to drive over cars and little side ways and Fast...And with Mike Haddads help we can do that.Our cars aren't hitting the "Pro tracks"..but Willow Springs ,Streets of Willow,Adams Racepark,Super Chevy Shows,Autoclub raceway .Are just a Few places we show case our Tuned and Modified Camaros....with that said this tread is just to let people know of differant shops to get there cars worked on...all I know hanging out at mikes shop I learn so much shit my head hurts....By the way going there today for more work!!!!

130R I dont know who has work on your car but come out with the race team and see how you do?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #129
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
The only Mistake I see here is He used the word "All"....I also Race my car at 90% of these events also and Have been runner up more time than I like too admit because of the Byrd Man..But most of the time our Self proclamed "So Cal Race Team" are a Group of Guys and Gals about 30 in all who just love to drive over cars and little side ways and Fast...And with Mike Haddads help we can do that.Our cars aren't hitting the "Pro tracks"..but Willow Springs ,Streets of Willow,Adams Racepark,Super Chevy Shows,Autoclub raceway .Are just a Few places we show case our Tuned and Modified Camaros....with that said this tread is just to let people know of differant shops to get there cars worked on...all I know hanging out at mikes shop I learn so much shit my head hurts....By the way going there today for more work!!!!

130R I dont know who has work on your car but come out with the race team and see how you do?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #130
Ryne @ CMS

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 06 C6 Z06, 15 Sierra
Quote:

pretty sure Big willow and Acs are considered a "pro" level track, as the pro's do race those tracks.... what times do you run on Big Willow and acs?
Ryne @ CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #131
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

I would have to look but think I ran a 1:42 ...before most of my work was done.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #132
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Looks Like you know it all and from the sound of it even smarter than a Trained seal...But you still can come out and show us your self installed bolt-ons and Just Maybe Have enough talent to show us up at the track and beat us amatures......
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #133
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Must be that time of the month
Attached Images

Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #134
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Need to call the marines in.
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #135
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Well since you asked for some results, here is a few below...and yes I am part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team...

The last event posted on a Road Course is here: http://americanstreetcarseries.com/w...e-Results1.pdf

If you look to the results the fastest 5th Gen was 4th against some pretty serious competition and he is a customer of Haddad Motorsports...also he beat out Jordan from JDP Motorsports who is another good driver and has an awesome 5th gen...Rob Byrd's Camaro is always fast and he has won more autocross events at Super Chevy than anyone I know.

I won fastest Modern Muscle at the SoCalChallenge.com in March, which is a small track and essentially a Time Attack format against a lot of the same Pro Touring crowd as Run to the Coast...hope to add another win at the second event in April before heading east for Heidt's Performance Challenge, Midwest Muscle Car Challenge and Optima Face Off at Road America...will see how I do....but my Camaro has been prepped by Haddad to give me the best opportunity to dominate, driver mod needs to continue to improve though...that one is always a challenge....

The real deal is very few people seem to actually race these Camaro's in So Cal, but if you look at Camaro Performers magazine from this month, you will see my old Camaro on the cover, little pic on bottom, White with Orange stripes and my buddies Silver Camaro inside the magazine from Return to the Coast event back in October...we were the two fastest 5th gens at that event...anyway, we do get some magazine exposure because our group is out there racing at events...whether autocross or road course....

I can say the fastest 5th gen I know of in So Cal is a customer of Haddad, Rob Byrd is the fastest guy I know and myself and the rest of the Race Team chase him on the autocross and road courses....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
So Cal, 1st, thanks for posting, but as I suspected, there are a total of six 5th Gen Camaros, one of which finished in the top 10.

I'm not bashing Haddad, it was just a very bold and misleading claim that I wanted clarified.

I'm sure you know there are more than 6 modified 5th gens in SoCal, it's just that, as you point out, most people don't take them to time attacks (not road racing) or autocross events, heck, I didn't even know these events were going on...

As you seem to admit, these type of events really come down to the driver, as in reality, anyone can bolt on Pedders, Pfadt, BMR, Hotchkiss et al components, there's no magic in doing that. The magic comes with experience at these types of events, as well as the ability to setup the car for each event.

Anyway, congrats on your victory!

BTW, is Robert Byrd a member here?
Quote:

Wow, it's like I'm famous Thanks for all the kind words, it's an Honor to be part of the So Cal Camaro5 Race Team!

I know most people say the driver is everything, I believe that has a Lot to do with it, but I also believe that I have an Advantage. The Work and Maintance that I have had done at Haddad Motorsport has given me a Street Car that I can take to the track and complete with Race Cars! One of the major keys to sucess is the maintaning, the harder you drive your car, the more service you need! This is why I go to Mike, I know that I can drive my car in stop and go traffic with the AC blastin, and/or hit the track Knowing that my car is Ready for whatever I throw at it.

So, IMO, Haddad Motorsports is the BEST place to take your Camaro, any other GM products, or anything else for that matter (Mike will tell you if he can work on it or not and would refer you to the right person). This is where the difference comes in, Mike has a Passion for what he does, he will listen to what you want, and help you get what you need. So again, IMO, Haddad Motorsports IS one of the Best shops in the country, especially when it comes to Camaro's!!!

As far as the Race Team goes... We are just a bunch of guys and girls that like to take our street driven (in some cases daily driven) Camaro's to the track from time to time, Hell, it's the only place you can really drive your car (safely and legally)! We try to attend any events in the area but we have crusied to Firebird Raceway and to Las Vegas several times for some Super Chevy events as well as Mopars/Musle Cars at the Strip. It's all about the Passion and Fun of racing with your friends. And, as it turns out, it's extremely addictive and we all take Great Pride in representing the Camaro!

This is the Car that took 1st place at Run to the Coast
(I think he will be a serious contender for the Optima challange)

Name:  DSC_5793 (1280x853).jpg
Views: 598
Size:  460.4 KB

This is Brett from Ride Tech
He finished a close 2nd

Name:  DSC_5699 (1280x853).jpg
Views: 590
Size:  386.5 KB

To compete with these guys in a streetable car that only has some suspension and minor engine work (no supercharger)... All I can say is; Thanks Mike the car gave me the confidence to be able to run that fast!

Here are a couple of the cars that I competed against at Mopars/Muscle Cars at the Strip...

Richard Petty Challanger

Name:  DSC_6069.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  135.7 KB

Supercharged GTO

Name:  DSC_6072.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  122.9 KB

There was a really new Green Viper but somehow I didn't get a pic.
I did get 1st place for Modern Muscle!!!

Name:  DSC_0195.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  336.7 KB

In the end, all I can say is; Get Out, Enjoy Life, Drive your Car!

P.S. Have someone that you can trust help you take care of and maintance your car so you can continue to drive it for many years to come!

Robert J Byrd
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #136
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Rob, we know, you know you're fast...in Blu1 or Blu2...LOL
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #137
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Rob I knew I should have gotten your audio graph before I left....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #138
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
holy cow look at the tires on thst red vette...thats just not fair
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #139
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
holy cow look at the tires on thst red vette...thats just not fair
It doesn't matter what he drives, Brian can drive the wheels off it....
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #140
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
When I grow up I wanna be like Rob! LOL