Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-25-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Swirls Bye Bye!

Guys!

When I bought my Cyber Gray 1LT, I took it to Zibart for the Dimond Gloss Polish.

The car was sparkling .

However, after the 1000KM service, I fell really depressed when I so my love with a broken side mirror and a body filled with swirls and lines.

It was the poor service offered from my dealer who washed the car in a dish washer and wiped the soap with his old pans!!

I tried most of turtle wax products including the Clay bar. Didnt do a thing at all. Spent around $100 on products with no results.

Until I met this young chap from Lebnon who ran his own Car Accessories Shop. He recommended a product called SONAX PaintworkGloss. Made in Germany.

It looked cheap for the 1st moment to me, and the price was around $8, I personally didnt take him serious, but when I tried it !!

WOW all the swirls and lines have disappeared completely leaving a mirror like - gloss to the body that sparkles even at night !!

This is the link guys for the product:
http://www.sonax.com/sonax-e/katalog...product=316200

It is worth buying, just polish your car away from the sun light.

Good Luck,
Old 01-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
awesome, thanks for the tip.
Can you use this on your rims as well?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
awesome, thanks for the tip.
Can you use this on your rims as well?
I didnt really try it on the rims. Just be aware from the hot spots and sun when you apply it.

Why dont you try a rim cleaner like Armor Spray. It works like magic with me.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Gloss-it
King of Gloss!

Drives: Mod Corvette Z06
Sounds great~ Just make sure the product is not filling or masking the problem. One sure way to test is to make a solution called ISP wipe down. Basically take isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and water. Mix 50/50 use like a quick detailer and micro fiber towel. Spray a fine amount and this will strip any polish that could be masking the problem.

This is a common problem with many detail products they appear they are removing imperfections but only hiding.

Not trying to rain on your parade just giving some pro advice
Gloss-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
how and where did you buy this? i went to the site but couldnt buy it.
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Gloss-it
King of Gloss!

Can make it your self. Just go to walgreens or cvs and buy the rubbing alcohol that reads 70%. Then find a spray bottle mix water and alcohol 50/50. This will be your ISP solution.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
3m makes a machine glaze and a hand glaze. Always works for me taking out swirls. Gives the car a wet look.
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
ive tried a million different swirl remover, from no name, to european, and even meguiars. But mine might just be too deep.. How bad were your swirls. Mine are so bad that they look like a haze in direct sunlight. And dont blame me lol... took my car to a so called professional detailer... that worked out well.
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #9
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Kozzmo49,

My main probelm was with lines all over my hood produced by the washing brush. They were really clear at night like the 4th of july fire works. You can feel this polish working when you rub it hard with a sponge. It is like its searching for the real color of your car (Deep Cleaning in fact) that keeps becoming clearer and clearer while rubing.

Light scraches have disappeared, midium are hidden and hardly noticed.

Gloss-it,

I do agree with you and I used many solutions, they will hide the lines in sunlight giving you a fake sence of a perfect gloss, but at night you will cry mad .. a big (NADA) was done after hours of rubing!

But what I liked about this polish, that it maintains the same gloss even at night firming a strong layer on the body that seems to be holding well so far, it is petroleum based so I guess that it contains alcohol already.

To me it was unaccpetable to see swirls marks and lines on a new clear coat after the 1st wash, so I was sure that these marks are not deep and can be cured.

Kozzmo49: swirl marks can be a pain in the *** in certain weather conditions where humidity is really high at lower temperatures, and haze start to develop on your clear coat like a gum !! but things start to improve in hot and dry conditions.

I'm really happy it. Cheap price - strong effect, at least better than the rest.

At least that is a better handy solution than re-paint the car.

Last edited by Cyber Gray; 01-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
Gloss-it
King of Gloss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Kozzmo49,

My main probelm was with lines all over my hood produced by the washing brush. They were really clear at night like the 4th of july fire works. You can feel this polish working when you rub it hard with a sponge. It is like its searching for the real color of your car (Deep Cleaning in fact) that keeps becoming clearer and clearer while rubing.

Light scraches have disappeared, midium are hidden and hardly noticed.

Gloss-it,

I do agree with you and I used many solutions, they will hide the lines in sunlight giving you a fake sence of a perfect gloss, but at night you will cry mad .. a big (NADA) was done after hours of rubing!

But what I liked about this polish, that it maintains the same gloss even at night firming a strong layer on the body that seems to be holding well so far, it is petroleum based so I guess that it contains alcohol already.

To me it was unaccpetable to see swirls marks and lines on a new clear coat after the 1st wash, so I was sure that these marks are not deep and can be cured.

Kozzmo49: swirl marks can be a pain in the *** in certain weather conditions where humidity is really high at lower temperatures, and haze start to develop on your clear coat like a gum !! but things start to improve in hot and dry conditions.

I'm really happy it. Cheap price - strong effect, at least better than the rest.

At least that is a better handy solution than re-paint the car.
My goal here is to teach the board members that's scratch's & swirls can be removed with the right product and knowledge. I have own and run a successful detail operation for over 20 years and have been marketing gloss-it to the pro's when we launched 4 years ago at SEMA. Now I will be teaching car enthusiasts how to correct & polish just like a pro~

The detail studio I own in Vegas performs this service which we refer to as paint correction. Each car and customer expectation will vary. Its nice to give them two options: First option we perform the service at an hourly rate of 70.00 Per Hr Per Man. Second option if their willing to spend the time and effort they will attend one of our detail clinics where we show members from various car clubs how to correct safely without ever damaging or burning the paint.

So if anyone would be interested in attending a gloss-it detail clinic please PM or email me at rich@gloss-it.com.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #12
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloss-it View Post
My goal here is to teach the board members that's scratch's & swirls can be removed with the right product and knowledge. I have own and run a successful detail operation for over 20 years and have been marketing gloss-it to the pro's when we launched 4 years ago at SEMA. Now I will be teaching car enthusiasts how to correct & polish just like a pro~

The detail studio I own in Vegas performs this service which we refer to as paint correction. Each car and customer expectation will vary. Its nice to give them two options: First option we perform the service at an hourly rate of 70.00 Per Hr Per Man. Second option if their willing to spend the time and effort they will attend one of our detail clinics where we show members from various car clubs how to correct safely without ever damaging or burning the paint.

So if anyone would be interested in attending a gloss-it detail clinic please PM or email me at rich@gloss-it.com.
I wish I was in the states. I will be very keen to attend your clinic for sure.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #13
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post

I know !

It looks like a clean glossy car, with no swirls.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloss-it View Post
Sounds great~ Just make sure the product is not filling or masking the problem. One sure way to test is to make a solution called ISP wipe down. Basically take isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and water. Mix 50/50 use like a quick detailer and micro fiber towel. Spray a fine amount and this will strip any polish that could be masking the problem.

This is a common problem with many detail products they appear they are removing imperfections but only hiding.

Not trying to rain on your parade just giving some pro advice
Agreed!!! Ive seen clips of detailers on the web that will BRAG about how good it looks after polishing and never mention nothing about cleaning the paint when finished...All those oils from the polish are just hiding the defects....