Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #29
11_Camaro

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0dy View Post
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, i'm mainly tall in my legs, i had the seat all the way back. I mean, I fit, I can turn the wheel, close the door, I 'felt' comfortable, I just know in long drives, my legs resting against the door will be annoying. I was thinking maybe I could install some sort of cushion there or something. I just figured maybe someone also had that issue.
Do you have enough head room to raise the seat up? Maybe you could recline the seat in order to give more head room to do this.
11_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #30
jeepinocala

Drives: camaro ss 2s
no either way I need to lower seat or raise the headliner another option is to modify the floor pan for the seat to sit an inch lower in the car. Just wish I knew how thick the seat foam was. Not much online as to seat breakdown.
jeepinocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #31
Gloisgreat

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS IBM w/ tan interior
I'm 6'2" with a 38" pant inseam (yes...38. In any store that carries "ultra tall", that length is 36"), and I fit just fine!
Gloisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #32
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
6'4".

Do not buy one with the sun roof in it. They have to lower the headliner to accommodate it.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #33
jeepinocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
6'4".

Do not buy one with the sun roof in it. They have to lower the headliner to accommodate it.

Yep this is my problem thinking of just trading it in
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #34
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewiSS View Post
I'm 6'9" and most of the time move the seat up just a bit! my head rubs occasionally when I lean up when pulling in to watch the corner but hey! Its a sports car!!
6'9" here too and I'm actually pretty comfortable in the car. We put about 8 hours of time in the car last weekend and I felt good for the most part. At hour 7 my hips started to get sore, but I think that would happen in any vehicle.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #35
jeepinocala

I am taking it to a custom shop uphostery and see if they can remove say an inch of seat foam and put back denser half inch of the bottom foam to see if I can get more room otherwise it may become a tradein sad to say
Old 09-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #36
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinocala View Post
I dont have long arms and legs I need my seat up so going back further is not an option for me today I checked into the headliner no real room there with the sunroof then went to a custom shop he setup an opintment to check up if he can take and replace some of the seat foam with a thinner denser foam to lower it there. Who knows my other option is to cut out the floor area where the seat is mounted and lower it or bring it closer to the front. If that cant be done than worst of worst I will be driveing a new ugly ass mustang. well atleast it will sit in my driveway.
Reclined back but seated up. That's what works for me. Do you have the 6 way power driver seat?
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #37
Rocknroller

Drives: 2011 2LTRS, 1972 Cougar XR7 Vert
A 6'5" incher here and I don't have any issues as far as leg room. I am longer in legs than torso, so I don't have a problem with headroom if I tilt the seat back a little.(I have big hair). Now, on road trips, I tend to start out just as you stated: leg against the console, leg against the door. Whenever either leg starts to feel uncomfortable, I have found that I can stretch either all the way down to the firewall which is in essence is sort of like a stretch, in 'car exercise'. lol Good luck, you can do it!
Rocknroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #38
jeepinocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
Reclined back but seated up. That's what works for me. Do you have the 6 way power driver seat?

Yes I have it but want it to just be simple and comfortable more of a race sit position. I have played around with the seat some looks like if I can gain a half inch I will be fine this shop thinks they have enough foam inside the seat to remove and replace the bottom part of the foam with a thinner more dense foam he said after he is done i probably wont know it has changed besides being lower. The only thought he had that may make so it cant be done is seat sensors I need to find out what these have in them on the bottom half he did say the heated seat part is no big deal at all and the airbags are fine cause they are in the upper part. Crossing my fingers.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #39
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinocala View Post
I dont have long arms and legs I need my seat up so going back further is not an option for me today I checked into the headliner no real room there with the sunroof then went to a custom shop he setup an opintment to check up if he can take and replace some of the seat foam with a thinner denser foam to lower it there. Who knows my other option is to cut out the floor area where the seat is mounted and lower it or bring it closer to the front. If that cant be done than worst of worst I will be driveing a new ugly ass mustang. well atleast it will sit in my driveway.
Reclined back but seated forward. That's what works for me. Do you have the 6 way power driver seat?
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #40
jeepinocala

I have the power seats have an apointment tomorrow for them to see if the foam in the seat can be modified. I have no idea as to how think the foam is otherwise a new ford mustang it is with no smile at all from me.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #41
Br0dy

Drives: Chevy Silverado, 2012 2LT Soonish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctinatx View Post
You should check out something like this
Can anyone think of a shop that would do this for me? I specialize in computers... Heh. Working on getting to know cars better.

I've called 2 auto body places and a dealer. They all said no. :/
Br0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #42
Br0dy

Drives: Chevy Silverado, 2012 2LT Soonish
Sending this to the top in hopes someone might know the answer =/
Br0dy is offline   Reply With Quote