Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #57
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Not the know it all guy, I believe you are the know it all in reality. Ok once more I am talking STOCK!!!! Obviously a modded ss will take a 5.0, also a ls3 powered f body with bolt ons (no cam) will take a 5-0 and camaro ss.

Roll/street racing is another animal bc you don't know what the other person has done. I was talking stock vs stock. I still 100% stick to the truth which is in black and white anywhere you look, or ask. A stock 5-0 IS FASTER than a stock 5th gen ss.

Why do you think MY 13 ss ls3 is currently at a shop (yes as we speak) getting a nice little upgrade ;-) ???
This is so I can legitimately say I can take most 5-0's even some with tune and bolt ons depending on driver. I can tell you I wont be seeing 5-0 tail lights AS MUCH as when my car was stock. I personally think its fun and constructive criticism if we be honest with ourselves and do stuff to up the ante on this pony war.

Come on we (gm) had a long a** kicking run where we beat the dog sh*t out of the Mustang from 93-2010. Now they have the laugh, guess what tho? Once the 6th gen hits and the hellcat hits lets see who really has the kick but pony car. I will 100% applaud and support whomever it will be (i have ZERO brand loyalty). Yes I will be here bragging about whoever it is (gm ford or mopar).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #58
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
Well then something must be wrong with my friends L99..... He has a dyno tune, cat back exhaust and cai...Same night we had them dynoed. He put down 360 to my 380 stock Ls3 with 300 miles on it....We went to the track and he wasn't faster...He had consistent 2.0 60' times to my 2.1 best with a lot of 2.2's and yet only tied my best time.He was also 3 mph slower through the traps....
You must be roll racing which is deceiving. ....My friends Challenger R/T could hang with My 6.1 SRT from a 20 mph roll to about 70......We go to the track and its a different story. He had a 1.8 to my 1.9 60' I would pull hard after the 1/8th..... he ran a best of 12.8 to my 12.3 on the same day....Too many variables in roll racing......

Agreed, I know for a fact I killed 3 different L99 cars. Doubt they were all bad drivers although possible. L99 is a better track car, overall faster is ls3 (stock).
Old 07-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #59
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Not the know it all guy, I believe you are the know it all in reality. Ok once more I am talking STOCK!!!! Obviously a modded ss will take a 5.0, also a ls3 powered f body with bolt ons (no cam) will take a 5-0 and camaro ss.

Roll/street racing is another animal bc you don't know what the other person has done. I was talking stock vs stock. I still 100% stick to the truth which is in black and white anywhere you look, or ask. A stock 5-0 IS FASTER than a stock 5th gen ss.

Why do you think MY 13 ss ls3 is currently at a shop (yes as we speak) getting a nice little upgrade ;-) ???
This is so I can legitimately say I can take most 5-0's even some with tune and bolt ons depending on driver. I can tell you I wont be seeing 5-0 tail lights AS MUCH as when my car was stock. I personally think its fun and constructive criticism if we be honest with ourselves and do stuff to up the ante on this pony war.

Come on we (gm) had a long a** kicking run where we beat the dog sh*t out of the Mustang from 93-2010. Now they have the laugh, guess what tho? Once the 6th gen hits and the hellcat hits lets see who really has the kick but pony car. I will 100% applaud and support whomever it will be (i have ZERO brand loyalty). Yes I will be here bragging about whoever it is (gm ford or mopar).
You speak the truth man but it will fall on deaf ears. The hellcat will be the new king in stock form over the GM and Ford muscle cars. untill something new comes out.

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
OneSlowV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #60
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Beefcake I just caught that we are neighbors. You're in deer park and I'm right across the bridge from you in Baytown. I'm working in Ohio right now so I am a bit homesick, pm me if you wanna shoot the shi* later on because i have a homecall scheduled for early August and Im bringing the camaro back so i can take my Ford diesel up here and get ready for winter.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #61
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Drives: 12' ls3
Quote:

So you have never seen a stock 5.0 lose to a stock ss? Unless you want to play the hypothetical game. I might have to compile some footage for you. Like I said earlier not everyone is dale Earnhardt.. There's quite a few ricky Bobby's out there if you catch my drift. And again who cares about stock form? I didn't race my stock ls3 once. Never planned on it being stock. Bought intending to cam.
Beef Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #62
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Like people have said .. Not many of these cars on the list that are being beaten stay in stock form for long.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #63
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Quote:
Beefcake I just caught that we are neighbors. You're in deer park and I'm right across the bridge from you in Baytown. I'm working in Ohio right now so I am a bit homesick, pm me if you wanna shoot the shi* later on because i have a homecall scheduled for early August and Im bringing the camaro back so i can take my Ford diesel up here and get ready for winter.
Neighbors indeed, Yea I have family in Baytown and friends on the air field in Baytown. Secretly hoping I don't know you. I might feel a bit rude. Nothing personal. I have beaten 5.0s and around here on the forum they walk around like there untouchable.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #64
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
You speak the truth man but it will fall on deaf ears. The hellcat will be the new king in stock form over the GM and Ford muscle cars. untill something new comes out.
And thats the way it has always been! At least now the big three have all upped thier game.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #65
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Cake View Post
Neighbors indeed, Yea I have family in Baytown and friends on the air field in Baytown. Secretly hoping I don't know you. I might feel a bit rude. Nothing personal. I have beaten 5.0s and around here on the forum they walk around like there untouchable.

No sweat my man it's all in good fun (from my perspective). I certainly don't wanna come across as an argumentative prick but I have this debate a quite a bit with my other buddy's who are gm fans.

I will give you this debate on the part that nothing stays stock for long (especially in tx). This is where the fun comes in! At this point (imho) it makes it a drivers race. Once you are talking mod for mod with decent drivers (5.0 vs 5th gen) watch out bc it does come down to the driver and who has the deeper pockets.

Do you ever hit any of the meets? I try to hit the friday night 45s/bw8 meet. I shod be able to play some now that I am no longer stock.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #66
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Quote:
No sweat my man it's all in good fun (from my perspective). I certainly don't wanna come across as an argumentative prick but I have this debate a quite a bit with my other buddy's who are gm fans.

I will give you this debate on the part that nothing stays stock for long (especially in tx). This is where the fun comes in! At this point (imho) it makes it a drivers race. Once you are talking mod for mod with decent drivers (5.0 vs 5th gen) watch out bc it does come down to the driver and who has the deeper pockets.

Do you ever hit any of the meets? I try to hit the friday night 45s/bw8 meet. I shod be able to play some now that I am no longer stock.

No kidding man. There are plenty of 700hp+ cars around here. I know the ls3 camaro isn't top dog by any means. They're are plenty of faster cars. I was going to get a c6 ls2 vette but decided to go with the ls3 camaro. No doubt it comes down to $$. I'm only 25 so I don't have all the money in the world. My father has $$ to do anything he wants on the other hand would rather spend his money on hunting..he loves his camaro but he won't mod it or race it. It just brings him back to 1973 I guess lol.

Yea I have been to that meet a few times on Friday.. Not too many camaros and usually 2-3 5.0's.

There's one in Kemah on Saturday nights. 2 of my friends have 69 camaros. A white with black stripes that's s/c'd and a two toned black and silver work in progress.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #67
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

The cammed 5.3 silverados are plentiful. And everyone knows that 5.3 platform can be a monster.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #68
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

Have you ran into the fully built srt8 jeep yet? He is top dog around these parts... When it comes to dig racing.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #69
Beef Cake
Account Suspended

http://youtu.be/TiLS5wUFzr0

Here is that jeep he is usually out at that 45 and beltway meet. Fully built pro charged awd monster
Old 07-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #70
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

I seen him run with an evo back in March before I came to Ohio and believe it or not that evo barely took him. This was at the 45/bw8 meet. That thing is a beast practically nothing can touch him (not even my c6Z).
I haven't been to the Kemah meet yet. I caught one in Alvin on friday nights tho, usually a bunch of lifted trucks and a few 5.0s and a handful of f bodys. They are great guys tho makes for fun and what not.