Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Factory Direct Ordering

Hey guys I am still a young chap(26) learning about dealerships and learning the ins and outs, so my quick question is can someone give a step by step process on ordering directly from the factory or through a dealership or how the process is for ordering a vehicle is transacted. You know, what kind of paper work is involved, go directly to a manager, any secret handshakes ect.. just want to have my ducks in a row when it comes time to order my next new car (duh the camaro) and reference for future purchases.

Thanks in advance.

PS did a search and didnt find anything on the topic..
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Best thing to do is just go right in to the dealership and speak to the sales manager. Just ask for him/her. Work on your own price. That would take a awhile to explain. Once you've agreed on a price, then you do the order. I already knew everything I wanted. So, I had a set price we agreed on before I went in. I went in and asked for the sales manager. He pulled the paper work on build sheets and codes. He began to ask if I wanted this, that, and the other. I ran down my list, he checked them off, said he was entering the order into his computer and asked for a $100 check to hold it so no other salesmen would sell it when it came in. He put it in the computer, I wrote him the check, and he said he'd call when it came in. It's really pretty easy. It even easier if you know what you want and you figure out the price before you order. Get the MSRP and the COST of the vehicle.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Best thing to do is just go right in to the dealership and speak to the sales manager. Just ask for him/her. Work on your own price. That would take a awhile to explain. Once you've agreed on a price, then you do the order. I already knew everything I wanted. So, I had a set price we agreed on before I went in. I went in and asked for the sales manager. He pulled the paper work on build sheets and codes. He began to ask if I wanted this, that, and the other. I ran down my list, he checked them off, said he was entering the order into his computer and asked for a $100 check to hold it so no other salesmen would sell it when it came in. He put it in the computer, I wrote him the check, and he said he'd call when it came in. It's really pretty easy. It even easier if you know what you want and you figure out the price before you order. Get the MSRP and the COST of the vehicle.
yup, there really is not much to it. The process isn't really much different than if you were going to a dealership to buy a car off the lot. You just go in and talk to the sales manager like Tag mentioned. It helps to build your own car online on the Chevy website and then print out the summary page. Just take that in to the dealership and ask what their best price is on that car.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
cannondalerider
LSWEE

Drives: CGM LS3 2SS/RS
hey diarmadhi, or anyone for that matter, have you found a dealership in the valley that is already starting a waiting list, with a deposit or not, for the car. The ones I spoke to said its too early and just to come back a few months before the car comes out. I want one as soon as they hit the streets and was just looking to know the procedure to guarantee I get one... thanks.
cannondalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Thanks for the responses makes this all clear as mud! Seriously though its all a great help, and yea I will have all the options/colors figured out WAY ahead of time.

Cannon - Nope i haven't checked around, ramrod did some research and he said a lot of dealers where not doing lists but where guaranteeing they where going to sell for over MSRP (by as much as 10k) ill have to dig up the thread.. Basically I am going to hit thorobred on Arizona ave and give them a shot(Friend bought a silverado there and was a good experience), if it doesn't work out there I'll just order from rick daniels and have it delivered there.
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Thanks for the responses makes this all clear as mud! Seriously though its all a great help, and yea I will have all the options/colors figured out WAY ahead of time.

Cannon - Nope i haven't checked around, ramrod did some research and he said a lot of dealers where not doing lists but where guaranteeing they where going to sell for over MSRP (by as much as 10k) ill have to dig up the thread.. Basically I am going to hit thorobred on Arizona ave and give them a shot(Friend bought a silverado there and was a good experience), if it doesn't work out there I'll just order from rick daniels and have it delivered there.
Ah, Thorobred Chevrolet… That’s were my dad bought his 79 Blazer back in 82 when we lived in Chandler. That was before they moved further out on Arizona Ave…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #7
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
Ordering a camaro suggestions?

Hey guys...sort of new here but have made a few posts here and there. I enjoy reading stuff more than posting cause i know about as much as you guys do. Anyways i was curious...for those of you who have ordered a car before what was the process like? How long did you have to wait till it arrived? Would it be the "way to go" in getting the new camaro at msrp versus haggling with dealers?

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #8
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Thats how I bought my last three trucks, an never had a problem with them messing with the price. Just built it on their web site, run off a copy an told them this is what I want. I'll never by another vehicle off the lot. The first truck I bought was a 93 Dakota I bought off the lot and it was in the shop more then it was on the road. The last last three trucks after that I ordered and not a problem with them. The wait I think was about a month/ month an a half give or take a week. The dealer would give me updates from when they recieved the order to when it went into production to when it should be at the dealership.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

what about money wise? did you have to pay for it all up front? Or was it half now half on delivery kinda of deal? The more i hear and research the more i think it's the way to go. but i have no prior experience with it cause all my cars have been bought off the lot. But with this car not coming out till 09 it gives a person like me who doesn't want a car payment plenty of time to save for one.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

thanks for moving the thread mods!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
when you order a car from the factory its going to be msrp, or can you still "haggle" the price?

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
No...the MSRP is pretty much what you'll pay if you order. So I've heard. I've never had to order a car before, I just take what's on the lot.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Damn, can't remember if they wanted anything down on the first one I ordered, I think I put a thousand down, I think i'd be up to the dealer, but I know on the last two they waited till after the truck was in to take care of the money side.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:36 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No...the MSRP is pretty much what you'll pay if you order. So I've heard. I've never had to order a car before, I just take what's on the lot.
WHAT???

NO. It all depends on when you buy and if there are any rebates. I special ordered my 02 Z28, struck a deal w/ the sales manager for $200 over cost (returning buyer) AND got $2002 cash back for their special promotional deal.

I would never buy what was on the lot unless it was EXACTLY what I wanted. I'd let the dealer do an inventory search through TX to try to find exactly what I wanted and if not perfect....special order. Oh...and the found veh would have to have less than 50 miles on the odo for me take it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote