Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #113
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Well, thank you.

I wish I could be given a job to do that. I would of done it for Hennessey if he asked and paid up.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9051
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #114
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
oh jesus christ, get over yourself.

as an artist you wont be making it far if your getting upset about something like this.

got some work that is good? dont spread it around without copyrighting it in the first place, if you had... you'd own the design and people couldnt use it.

toughen up, i've been doing 3d work for almost a decade now and something you learn is that people copying or stealing your work doesn't do much for them in the long run.

if they actually copied your work based on your design, be flattered. if they didn't then you lost nothing anyway.
Wow what is it with people on this site lately just going around insulting others?
It's always easy to be tough behind a keyboard.

By the way Jinx I think your work is great and you know that.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #115
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Wow what is it with people on this site lately just going around insulting others?
It's always easy to be tough behind a keyboard.

By the way Jinx I think your work is great and you know that.
what on earth was insulting about my post?

just some honest comments about his work and the whole "stolen design".

i'm not being tough behind a keyboard, i just dont want him fledging false hopes where he shouldn't be at this point.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #116
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Well, thank you.

I wish I could be given a job to do that. I would of done it for Hennessey if he asked and paid up.
Hey, I'll pay ya' to do a sketch of my Camaro?!

Seriously, keep up the good work! I think at some point it will be recognized and you may land a job for one of the car mags., etc.?
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #117
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:

i'm not being tough behind a keyboard, i just dont want him fledging false hopes where he shouldn't be at this point.
I don't think he is fledgeing false hopes. IMO, jinx has the right to be ticked. This Hennessey design looks almost identical to his original design. Yes, anyone could do this, and anyone could think of this, but Jonx was first (to my knowledge) to actually use the idea, and put it out there for all to see. At the time, his design was original, and still is, and this is a blatent rip off of what was an original design... it's not right, and I think there needs to be credit given when credit is due... IMVHO

Jinx, your design is still beyond awesome, and this has to feel like a low blow. Don't worry about it man. I say send some emails, or something and point this out somehow. Tell them how you feel.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #118
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:

Yeah what do those musicians and movie studios know about intellectual property? It's totally overrated and they never sue over it. They just accept that others plagiarize their work for nothing and they go hungry.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #119
Brent87LT1
Sarcastic

Drives: like a maniac!
On topic:

My $109K = ZR1
Brent87LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #120
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
I need...a towel..
Old 01-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #121
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
eat your heart out Challenger SRT-10!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #122
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
I don't think he is fledgeing false hopes. IMO, jinx has the right to be ticked. This Hennessey design looks almost identical to his original design. Yes, anyone could do this, and anyone could think of this, but Jonx was first (to my knowledge) to actually use the idea, and put it out there for all to see. At the time, his design was original, and still is, and this is a blatent rip off of what was an original design... it's not right, and I think there needs to be credit given when credit is due... IMVHO

Jinx, your design is still beyond awesome, and this has to feel like a low blow. Don't worry about it man. I say send some emails, or something and point this out somehow. Tell them how you feel.
i never said he hasn't the right to be ticked, but he didn't cover his ass and chances are that he wont be taking them to court for an ip battle.

all i was trying to get across is that you have got to protect your product cause there are more then enough people who want to ride someone elses coattails to sucess free of charge.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #123
bolteon593

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Yeah what do those musicians and movie studios know about intellectual property? It's totally overrated and they never sue over it. They just accept that others plagiarize their work for nothing and they go hungry.
he is hardly the size of a movie studio or a musician.

he's a part time photoshopper who doesn't even make money off of his work (or not much); apples to oranges.

you dont copy a giant corperations design like apple and get away with it, ip is ip but few people have the backing to go after it in a case like this.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #124
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Wow, how about that Hennessey Camaro, you know, the topic of this thread?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #125
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
That thing might actually run right with the ZR1. If I had the money for either, it would come down to a personal track test for both
Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #126
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Interesting that so far there's been little rejection of Hennessey working on Camaros, like there were from Saleen.

A quick search will reveal that this dude is a complete prick. However, he is pretty much equal-opportunity even towards the Dodge guys.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=hennessey
that's why he'll never touch mine! i appreciate the idea & i'm glad that more tuners are getting their hands on this car, but as for him, i don't like his business practices & won't support him.

as for the deal about Jinx's copyrights - under modern copyright law, he technically has a basic copyright from the date he created it, but as for particulars, you can't really copyright the idea behind a design; it's more about the implementation of that idea. (and i have to say, Jinx did a much better job with his rendering. theirs looks like it was done in MS Paint)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote