Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I'm sure it can take a couple more #'s, but I would be disappointed if I bought an LSA and was limited to only 550 rwhp.
Now, if I started with an LSA in the car, and made 550 RWHP in the car with some minor bolt-ons I know your 4.6 likes, then I'd be happy. However, shelling out all that $$$, then spending more money and only making 550 would not be cool. If the ZR1 only (I say that very loosely) makes about 500+ RWHP, I'm sure that LSA is only (again - loosely) good for 450. I'm just looking for about 550 at the tire and would be super happy with that, and if I could add shorties, a catback, pulley, tune, and CAI, I'd be completely happy with my setup. I want to stay legal where I am and I'd have no problems sportin' these mods'. But, like you said, if I were limited to 550, I wouldn't be too happy. Hopefully someone will come out with that modular pulley set-up like you guys have on your cars. That would be pretty dang cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
You shouldn't post about things you don't know.

Do you know how a roots/screw-type blower works??? Boost is made basically off idle. MY CAR makes WAY more tq than that at the same RPM and it does not have anywhere near 638 hp, let alone 550+ like the LSA.

Not only that, do you know how hp is even calculated??? (TQ / 5250) X RPM = HP.

600 tq @ 6600 (as they have in the pic) equates to over 750 hp! Do you see 750 hp on that graph??

Those graphs are OBVIOUSLY errors.
Easy now. It could be he mis-spoke.

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCar View Post
Hey, If you just ordered from a dealer... did you pay a premium for early ordering. I went to a dealer two days ago and he said he wasn't selling anything for less than 10 thousand dollars over sticker. He says I won't be able to get one for sticker price for a year maybe, "Until the 'New' wears off." Did you have to put up with this crap too?
If you get that again, remind him that GM is a stones throw from broke, and they can use all the sales they can get. Hes totally at a disadvantage right now.

And as for this discussion, couldnt you more reliably just go through an aftermarket company? If its costing this much just to get that engine, go with a professional. Like Lingenfelter or Henessy.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #17
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
ya, i was a little harsh. It's just very obvious it's a typo, and not anything that can be seen as a good refrence, even if it is from GM. This stuff happens.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #18
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
LS9 Dyno from the SAE
http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en..._LS9_ZR1_n.pdf

LSA Dyno from the SAE
http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...LSA_CTSV_n.pdf
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
You guys are rough LOL.
Yeah it appears as the graphics are wrong.
The numbers are fine.

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #20
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Now, if I started with an LSA in the car, and made 550 RWHP in the car with some minor bolt-ons I know your 4.6 likes, then I'd be happy. However, shelling out all that $$$, then spending more money and only making 550 would not be cool. If the ZR1 only (I say that very loosely) makes about 500+ RWHP, I'm sure that LSA is only (again - loosely) good for 450. I'm just looking for about 550 at the tire and would be super happy with that, and if I could add shorties, a catback, pulley, tune, and CAI, I'd be completely happy with my setup. I want to stay legal where I am and I'd have no problems sportin' these mods'. But, like you said, if I were limited to 550, I wouldn't be too happy. Hopefully someone will come out with that modular pulley set-up like you guys have on your cars. That would be pretty dang cool.

Easy now. It could be he mis-spoke.

Respectfully...

shorty headers will get u absolutaly no hp gain. gm has been designing exhaust manifolds that are equal to or better then any aftermarket shorty. so spending money on shorty's is a waist unless u want the bling factor. now i know u live in cali, as do i. and with an aftermarket s/c like a TVS, a good intake exhaust system and maybe a small cam will get u to ur goal without having to spend money on shorties. now a cam is already illegal in cali. ur best bet is just go ahead and get some LT's a catted x pipe, dont drive 60mph in first gear around town. if ur worried about smog. find someone who will over look visual, there are plenty of smog shops that will overlook visual inspection, as long as u have cats theyre happy. cuz a smog shop can technically fail u for a CARB approved intake or catback, cuz its an aftermarket part.

Last edited by nfamous209; 04-01-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added quote
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote