Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #29
npd337

Drives: 2013 Ash Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Visibility is not great in the camaro even with no tint. The back window is dark, but the backup camera on the "my link" is incredible. Way better than I can see thru the mirrors or just trying to look out the back window even before the tint. Now that's mostly what I use, day or night, visibility is great. No regrets, and the drivers & passenger windows at 30% are fine, no problem seeing whatsoever. The windshield eye brow is also at 20% and I just love that. On a curve and same distance down as the black mesh behind then rearview mirror. One nice sweeping curved line. Looks awesome! I'll see if I can take a picture that shows the eye brow.
Thanks, I am getting the tint done on Thursday so if you could provide a pic of that windshield before then that would be great. Thanks again
npd337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #30
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
This isn't the best picture, but it's all I have right now. You can see half of it, it curves slightly upward to the center point. The left and right edges are it's widest point and it is level with the bottom of the black mesh (behind the rearview mirror) in the the center.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351096908.830212.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  213.7 KB

If you can zoom in the picture you will see it better. It's done at 20%. Helps keep the sun out a little since the visors are like the width of a pencil it seems on the camaro's. Hope this picture helps, sorry I don't have a better one.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #31
npd337

Thanks for the pick. I ended up going with 20% all around. Didn't do anything with the windshield as of now. Hopefully I can still see out at night. Will know in a couple more hours
Old 10-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
Normagene

ndp337... Is 20% tint legal in your state? Here is Mass 35% is the max, but I did 30% because I'll be moving to Texas before a new inspection sticker is needed. 30 is the max for Texas. Won't pass inspection with the 30% tint I have on it now here in Mass. Hope you checked before hand or have a buddy who can hook you up with a sticker. Post some pictures, I'd love to see just how dark that 20% looks, must be awesome!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #33
npd337

Actually any tint on the front two windows is illegal in NJ. Not really a big issue around this area with tint, too much other crime to worry about. Not to say you won't get a ticket but chances are you won't be stopped for only tint, at least in my general area.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #34
Normagene

Here in Mass it's not the cops either, it's getting an inspection sticker. That's pretty much the only time anyone checks the tint. If they fail the car, and some places are very strict, the tint will have to removed and replaced with a lesser amount of tint.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351438958.437498.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  79.1 KB

That's the only reason I went with the max amount aloud.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
npd337

Yea like I said any tint is illegal in nj so I would fail an inspection if needed. Good thing for me the next one isn't due till 5 years from now. I'll try and put a photo or two for you after hurricane Sandy passes.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #36
Normagene

New Jersey gets an inspection sticker every five years? Wow, that's great. Every year here in mass and tint is allowed at 35% max.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351464778.400149.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  146.9 KB

Did mine at 30%, that's the limit in Texas, that will be when/where I get my next sticker.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #37
Normagene

Ordered the gorilla wheel lock system "black" of course, part #71643NBC Shipped out last week, should have them on this week. Also ordered the dimple magnetic oil drain plug, should have that this week as well. The ZL1 under the hood decal should also come in this week. It's almost like Christmas! Just minor stuff I know, but the little things count too. Drove her in PTM 5 today. It really tightened everything up, big difference from touring mode. Thanks to everyone for all your own personal touches and being kind enough to post pictures and where to place an order.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352059671.825998.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  80.9 KB

The license plate frame that I ordered from gunthergifts.com, well I gave them feed back that I didn't really care for the way the engraved plastic strips had a white edge all the way around. I tried to black it out with a sharpie, but the insert sits inside a grove and the lip didn't allow enough room to fit the sharpie inside to blackout the white edges. I suggested they color edge them prior to inserting them into the license plate frame. Believe it or not, they e-mailed me back and said they will do that from now on, on all orders. On top of that they mailed me new ones with the edges blacked out to replace the old ones. Didn't ask for that, I was only making a suggestion for future customers. Anyway that's outstanding customer service. Nothing wrong with the old ones other than the edges are white, and were talking about the thickness of a dime at most, and they sent me new ones for FREE! Outstanding!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #38
Normagene

BIRD BOMBS AWAY. Left the car out overnight to find it (ECFH insert and hood) had been a bull'seye bird bomb run. Must of been six or seven bombs all within inches of each other with the majority of them on the insert. Immediately got out the hose and wiped away only to find after it dried a residue footprint. So do I have to strip off the old wax and reapply or should just waxing take care of it? I just got my husband a PC 2474XP and light swirl removal and finishing products. He's got nothing else to do, I'll have him do a complete detail before my catch can arrives and then the Roto Fab CAI. I like to keep him busy!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #39
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
BIRD BOMBS AWAY. Left the car out overnight to find it (ECFH insert and hood) had been a bull'seye bird bomb run. Must of been six or seven bombs all within inches of each other with the majority of them on the insert. Immediately got out the hose and wiped away only to find after it dried a residue footprint. So do I have to strip off the old wax and reapply or should just waxing take care of it? I just got my husband a PC 2474XP and light swirl removal and finishing products. He's got nothing else to do, I'll have him do a complete detail before my catch can arrives and then the Roto Fab CAI. I like to keep him busy!
wow what were they eating? with all your sealant and wax you should have been ok...... try claying the bird boms prior to the pc and use a finishing polish for ECF hood if the clay doesnt do the trick.

your car is tastefully done I know it will be back in fighting shape soon
Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #40
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
Quote:
READ VERY CARFULLY!

You need to use a wax remover, then wipe dry. Then get you some baking soda, mix a little of water with it to make a paste. Then cover the affected area's and let it sit for 10- 20 mins after working the paste into the area's with really light presure with your finger. Then rinse off. Then you will have to polish the spots with compound, then re wax. If the etching is bad, wet sand with 3000 grit wet sand paper to remove the etching, then re-buff. use little pressure on the ec insert as the clear is softer then the rest of the car.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: the baking soda neutralizes the acid in the bird shit. IF you do not do this, the spots will keep coming back as soon as the sun hits it.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #41
Normagene

Thanks, very good info. Let you know how it comes out. Again, thanks.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #42
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
I applaud the devotion and commitment you have laid upon your new baby.

Be aware however that your clear bra installer will remove all wax as clear bra films need clean, residue free paint to properly adhere.
That's ok, an excuse to go out and spend more time with her reapplying the wax