Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Raptor626
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
Why are some friends so stupid?

This past weekend I had my rear bumper cover off in order to install LED reverse lights. Of course I had a friend help me with the dismount of the cover. Anyway, as I'm working on the cover he kicks the steel bumper to point out to me that "This is your actual bumper". What need was there to do that? Does he not understand that even though it's steel, the metal on modern cars is extremely thin? What a chode.

When I told him how much it bothered me he simply told me: "Bro, it's fine. It's solid steel that's designed to take thousands of pounds of force. Trust me, I'm qualified in this". (He's a mechanical engineer).

Long story short, I don't talk to him anymore.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Your friend is right....its a steel bumper....kicking it won't hurt it.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Oops, hey Huff, I bet the op wont talk to you either now...

Personally I might have returned the favor by kicking him in the shin, and told him that was a real bone, designed to support the muscles and body structure of him...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Jagerday

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
+1

+ = +
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerday View Post
+1
+2
Old 09-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
Raptor626
Account Suspended

C'mon. I don't care who you are. Why are you kicking my car?!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
M_Knife_Shamylan
Book Learner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1999 Tahoe 2Dr.
Yeah...seems like you overreacted. If he didn't do it again but simply pointed out that you were wrong about him damaging it, I'd say that's fine. He wasn't gonna hurt anything unless it was up on jacks or stands.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor626 View Post

Long story short, I don't talk to him anymore.
Seriously?

Its a metal bumper. You could kick it all day long and probably barely put a scratch in it. Punch him in the leg and call it even.

Either there is more to this story/discussion, or you really need to learn human to human relationship skills.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 09-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Raptor626
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Seriously?

Its a metal bumper. You could kick it all day long and probably barely put a scratch in it. Punch him in the leg and call it even.

Either there is more to this story/discussion, or you really need to learn human to human relationship skills.

Hey take it easy. My relationship skills are not in question here, and quite frankly it's rather brash of you to make such accusations about someone you don't even know.

I don't care if I owned a house made of titanium, I still wouldn't want anyone kicking it. The point I was trying to make is that some individuals are some what disrespectful of others' property, even close friends.

Some people don't want others touching their cars, much less treating them as soccer balls. I'm evidently one of those people.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Oops, hey Huff, I bet the op wont talk to you either now...

Personally I might have returned the favor by kicking him in the shin, and told him that was a real bone, designed to support the muscles and body structure of him...
haha that would have been a good comeback

Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Jagerday

Drives: 2010 RJT SS/RS LS3
Well considering titanium is more ductile than steel I might be pissed if he kicked my titanium house. Steel will not deform from a swift kick, it has crazy high tensile strength.

Just bustin your balls...I wouldn't even think about it if someone kicked my steel bumper. If it was the body of the car, I might kill him. I understand you might not like what he did, but this is no reason to end a friendship.

+ = +
Old 09-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
Raptor626
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerday View Post
Well considering titanium is more ductile than steel I might be pissed if he kicked my titanium house. Steel will not deform from a swift kick, it has crazy high tensile strength.

Just bustin your balls...I wouldn't even think about it if someone kicked my steel bumper. If it was the body of the car, I might kill him. I understand you might not like what he did, but this is no reason to end a friendship.

I understand what you're saying, but consider this. The same friend has a '70 Camaro and whenever he takes it out I am always SUPER careful about all my movements in and around the car to make sure I don't even leave a scratch. The thought of even nudging any of his body panels wouldn't even cross my mind. Then, he goes and does something like this. Kinda f'd up don't you think?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Is OP sure they aren't a chick? If this was one of my friends a jab to the arm and a "knock it off" would have been just fine, you ended your friendship over this?

Closed Thread

Tags
bumper, cover, friends, steel, stupid