Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2024, 11:25 AM   #169
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
even reports seatbelts...lol wtf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Big brother is watching!
Our company trucks all use telematics to report on seatbelts, speeding, acceleration and braking. If we drive without a seatbelt at all, it can lead to serious consequences.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:30 AM   #170
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I don't get the seatbelt thing. Never occurs to me NOT to wear it. But I was raised in a generation where putting on a seatbelt is common sense.

Sure, there are instances where a seatbelt really isn't needed, nor is it practical to buckle it every time you move the vehicle. Like on a construction site, jumping in and out of a pickup. Or moving the car in the driveway. But even then, it's easier to click-it and not listen to warning chimes. I fasten the belt anyway out of habit, takes 2 seconds.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 01:11 PM   #171
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Our company trucks all use telematics to report on seatbelts, speeding, acceleration and braking. If we drive without a seatbelt at all, it can lead to serious consequences.
I get it in a business context, but not in a personal vehicle.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:03 PM   #172
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I don't get the seatbelt thing. Never occurs to me NOT to wear it. But I was raised in a generation where putting on a seatbelt is common sense.

Sure, there are instances where a seatbelt really isn't needed, nor is it practical to buckle it every time you move the vehicle. Like on a construction site, jumping in and out of a pickup. Or moving the car in the driveway. But even then, it's easier to click-it and not listen to warning chimes. I fasten the belt anyway out of habit, takes 2 seconds.
Lots of movement of our company trucks is under 15 mph on a secure site, but it doesn't matter if you move 3 feet, the seatbelt must be on or you face reprimand. That would be my only complaint. I have no issues wearing a seatbelt personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
I get it in a business context, but not in a personal vehicle.
Agreed - was just showing that it is in use with a lot of companies.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:40 PM   #173
Grtpkn

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs & 2023 2ss convertible
To much big brother bs. My company record's my screen's , laptop keystrokes and phone calls and can log in and watch me working etc.. Been doing same job for 26 years and they just implemented this. Will be interesting hearing from people who don't know the job tell us what we are doing wrong.. lol
Grtpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:39 PM   #174
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
If i had to drive normal that it would be it for me and i would go without a car.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 06:49 PM   #175
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Resurrecting this thread. When this thread was made I looked and made sure I was opted out of Smart Driver. But then I got a huge increase in insurance. Then I looked and all of the sudden my data has been captured and recorded and sent to my insurance company for months.

So I had to go through the process to delete my personal data and request opt out that is in this thread.

Obviously a shop test car is going to have rapid accelerations and rapid stops.........

Last edited by Megahurtz; 05-09-2024 at 07:09 AM.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:39 AM   #176
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I've been trying to get my data from Lexis Nexis for 3 months now. I'm going to file a complaint with the FTC if I don't get my data.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:42 AM   #177
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I've been trying to get my data from Lexis Nexis for 3 months now. I'm going to file a complaint with the FTC if I don't get my data.
I've been getting the "we can't ID you" runaround as well. Let us know how things go with FTC!
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 12:35 PM   #178
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
I've been getting the "we can't ID you" runaround as well. Let us know how things go with FTC!
Very interesting. I got the letter today and downloaded the 120 page pdf. This file was a complete dumpster fire, and I'm quite happy about that. It had me associated with about 100 addresses over the years. Most of the file concerned the 75 properties I have managed and sold as the trustee of a deceased client's trust, who died 7 years ago.

It listed all my insurance claims, credit history, address, etc., but also my ex-wife's email addresses, my parent's old address where I never lived, and a lot of the information was simply wrong.

There was no driving history of any kind, as was the case with the Verisk data I received two weeks ago. I never turned on my OnStar, nor got that Chevy Smart Driving app.

Overall, Lexis Nexis sucks to deal with, and they can take their jacked up report along with their smug attitude and deliberate slow walking of their legal duties of disclosure, and shove it up their own asses.

Hope this helps.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:53 AM   #179
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Looks like some of may be locked in now? See below... can't switch it off :(
I didn't switch it, and its been like this for 2 days now... ill check again tomorrow, call Constar today to ask WTF
Attached Images

ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #180
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
I didn't switch mine one either. I made a point of checking when I left the dealer and even a couple of weeks later. Then all of the sudden, 6 months later, it was somehow enabled and sent months of data to LexisNexis and my insurance rates went up.

Anyone know if there is a way to join the class action lawsuit yet?
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #181
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I checked the APP last night and I was still "off" but noticed that this time around it gave a new easy to use "delete account" button so I hit that and it's gone now. Previously it was setup you had to call an agent to cancel anything.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #182
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
I didn't switch mine one either. I made a point of checking when I left the dealer and even a couple of weeks later. Then all of the sudden, 6 months later, it was somehow enabled and sent months of data to LexisNexis and my insurance rates went up.

Anyone know if there is a way to join the class action lawsuit yet?
There is a lawsuit. I keep getting an ad for one on Instagram. Haven’t decided whether or not I’ll join. Just a heads up but your insurance was probably going to go up regardless. Everyone’s has in the last year regardless of whether or not their car can spy on them. Insurance companies like all other companies in the last year have figured out they can just charge more for their services.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote