Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking Best Driving Roads: southern IN/OH and northern KY

Driving performance cars is what binds us all together so I thought it would be a great idea create a list of the best driving roads in the region. List off your favorites and I will add them to the main list in this post.

The List

- Hwy 44: Between I-65 exit 117 at Sheperdsville, Ky. and 31W Dixie Highway. Approximately 15 miles.

- US 42: Between Prospect, Ky and Union, Ky.. Approximately 85 miles.

- SR 10: Between Maysville, Ky. and Alexandria, Ky.. Approximately 60 miles.

- Hwy 31E: Between Bardstown, Ky. and Mt. Washington, Ky..

-Indiana 56/156: East out of Madison, In..
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lol nothing in Southern Ohio...we have the highest fatality rates in the united states.

I love 75 South right after crossing over the bridge into KY from Cinci. I LOVE PUNCHING IT so the speed clocks can clock me at 99 when maxed out
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Lol nothing in Southern Ohio...we have the highest fatality rates in the united states.

I love 75 South right after crossing over the bridge into KY from Cinci. I LOVE PUNCHING IT so the speed clocks can clock me at 99 when maxed out
Do you have proof of this or is it just your opinion?

Good idea Chase. The Maysville to Alexandria is pretty good.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Great idea for a thread Chase!

I wish I could contribute, but being from Chicago, the transit corruption capital of the country, you are better off driving on a gravel bike trail than our roads.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Definetly US30 between Ohio and Indiana. Just straight and flat. The van wert wind farm is about the only thing that breaks up the flat boringness.

Prettiest drive I had was going from Indiana university to purdue but taking back roads. So pretty in southwest Indiana.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:

So, you're saying that you get up to 100mph going up the long, steep, winding, infamous wreck alley known locally as Cut In The Hill, where semi's are always blocking the lanes because they can't get up that hill without going real slow or even often breaking down. Amazing! Worst possible place in the whole region I can think of to be punching it and going excessively fast.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:

I like the opposite. Approaching the city coming down the hill is pretty cool because it seems like downtown comes out of nowhere.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
- SR 10: Between Maysville, Ky. and Alexandria, Ky.. Approximately 60 miles.
I'll have to try this one. I've been on KY 8 a few times between Maysville and Belleview, but never SR 10. Good idea for a thread Chase. I'm looking forward to cruising on 71S between Cincinnati and Louisville...
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #9
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Do you have proof of this or is it just your opinion?

Good idea Chase. The Maysville to Alexandria is pretty good.
I could be wrong...Either it's the highest fatality rates in the U.S. or possibly the highest in just Ohio. Still...Butler/Hamilton County have some effed up roadways and way high fatality rates.

Look at our area compared to the rest. Franklin county was close last year.

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/statisti..._Fatals_12.pdf

Here is 2011

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/statisti..._Fatals_11.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
So, you're saying that you get up to 100mph going up the long, steep, winding, infamous wreck alley known locally as Cut In The Hill, where semi's are always blocking the lanes because they can't get up that hill without going real slow or even often breaking down. Amazing! Worst possible place in the whole region I can think of to be punching it and going excessively fast.
I've never run into traffic there. Never seen any issues. However, I do know that North bound has tons of trouble through the cut in the hill...not South bound o.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I like the opposite. Approaching the city coming down the hill is pretty cool because it seems like downtown comes out of nowhere.

That view is AWESOME!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Quote:
I could be wrong...Either it's the highest fatality rates in the U.S. or possibly the highest in just Ohio. Still...Butler/Hamilton County have some effed up roadways and way high fatality rates.

Look at our area compared to the rest. Franklin county was close last year.

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/statisti..._Fatals_12.pdf

Here is 2011

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/statisti..._Fatals_11.pdf
These PDF's show me nothing. It is to be expected that more fatal accidents happen in or around bigger cities. I doubt Ohio has more then California, Florida or Texas.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
I've never run into traffic there. Never seen any issues. However, I do know that North bound has tons of trouble through the cut in the hill...not South bound o.0
That view is AWESOME!
Are you f'ing kidding me?! Maybe you drive thru there at 3am or something when there's little traffic but just about any day of the week on the news you will see a story about wrecks or broken down trucks causing huge backups or something going thru there. My wife has to drive it every day at rush hour and several days a week she has some harrowing story to tell about getting thru there unscathed. Both northbound (going down the hill from KY into Cincy) and southbound (the way you spoke about) are very dangerous, high-wreck stretches. See the link below; the wreck statistics shown are bad enough but have gotten much worse in recent years with a number of fatalities each year, some of them just horrendous incidents. For a former cop, whose career at that seemed to only last about one year for some reason, to advocate super-speeding up Death Hill is just insane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut-in-the-Hill
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.

Last edited by Cincy10SSRS; 05-08-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Are you f'ing kidding me?! Maybe you drive thru there at 3am or something when there's little traffic but just about any day of the week on the news you will see a story about wrecks or broken down trucks causing huge backups or something going thru there. My wife has to drive it every day at rush hour and several days a week she has some harrowing story to tell about getting thru there unscathed. Both northbound (going down the hill from KY into Cincy) and southbound (the way you spoke about) are very dangerous, high-wreck stretches. See the link below; the wreck statistics shown are bad enough but have gotten much worse in recent years with a number of fatalities each year, some of them just horrendous incidents. For a former cop, whose career at that seemed to only last about one year for some reason, to advocate super-speeding up Death Hill is just insane.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:

Ah yeah you're right I do go through at 3am LOL

Tags
best driving, indiana, kentucky, ohio