Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #57
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
It's the stiffer bushing that should be the primary benefit to minimize deflection. Will post what I find out when they show up
I had MS3DALE check on the bushings, they are the same on all models.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #58
Synner

Drives: cars
Oh well, it's already ordered. Hoping for them to show up next week but stuck in limbo on the coilover group buy so I won't have the stock ones out for comparison until those show up. I aint doin that twice.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #59
cpc63

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Will this bolt up to a 2011 LS V6? Will need to drill out for the front endlinks, but the real concern is with the rear bar clearing the brakes, I am running stock brakes. Thanks
cpc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #60
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc63 View Post
Will this bolt up to a 2011 LS V6? Will need to drill out for the front endlinks, but the real concern is with the rear bar clearing the brakes, I am running stock brakes. Thanks
Yes. You'll have to drill out the sway bar endlink mounts on your struts to 12mm. Plus replace the lower control arms too to use the new The rear sway bar. I have brembo brakes so i didnt have the issue with the rear brakes.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #61
Synner

Mounts are here but coilovers are backordered so I can't really compare them until they show up and I tear it all apart.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #62
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Mounts are here but coilovers are backordered so I can't really compare them until they show up and I tear it all apart.
Great, cant wait to see a pic and how they are different. What coil overs did you go with?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #63
Synner

BC's ER series. Addicted to road racing so I wanted the double adjustment and massive oil reservoirs. Great reviews online, huge valves, and the same as the pedders supercars. It's be nice to have their support/warranty but not for almost double the price. I'm just a poor working man.

They should ship in 1 more week hopefully.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #64
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
I have a 2012 SS, so effectively updated Rear LCA's and Swaybar arm positions. Are the following assumptions I have made correct, or not? Please chime in, I would like to look into a few upgrades along the lines of the 1LE options.

Want to upgrade the sways to the 1LE sways:
22786260 (Rear bar)
22812946 (Front bar)

Are the endlinks in the 1LE the same as the 2012 SS? If not, then I assume we would need to upgrade to the 1LE endlinks (at the least) to support the new 1LE bars.

Can I reuse my stock swaybar bolts or will I need to order 4 of these:
11518623 (Swaybar bolts)

Hubs. My assumption was the benefit to the hubs on the 1LE were due to the gears being changed, thus would you only need to change the rear hubs? I see that most people keep listing changing out 4 hubs. Can someone explain the need/want to replace the 4 instead of just the 2 in the rear. Sorry, suspension noob here.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #65
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcplus14 View Post
I have a 2012 SS, so effectively updated Rear LCA's and Swaybar arm positions. Are the following assumptions I have made correct, or not? Please chime in, I would like to look into a few upgrades along the lines of the 1LE options.

Want to upgrade the sways to the 1LE sways:
22786260 (Rear bar)
22812946 (Front bar)

Are the endlinks in the 1LE the same as the 2012 SS? If not, then I assume we would need to upgrade to the 1LE endlinks (at the least) to support the new 1LE bars.

Can I reuse my stock swaybar bolts or will I need to order 4 of these:
11518623 (Swaybar bolts)

Hubs. My assumption was the benefit to the hubs on the 1LE were due to the gears being changed, thus would you only need to change the rear hubs? I see that most people keep listing changing out 4 hubs. Can someone explain the need/want to replace the 4 instead of just the 2 in the rear. Sorry, suspension noob here.
The front and rear endlinks are the same as the SS. You do not need new swaybar bolts either. The benifit of the new bearings is that they are better suited for road racing. The bearings are larger and are able to handel more load. Thats why they are on all four and not just the rear.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #66
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
The front and rear endlinks are the same as the SS. You do not need new swaybar bolts either. The benifit of the new bearings is that they are better suited for road racing. The bearings are larger and are able to handel more load. Thats why they are on all four and not just the rear.
Hey thanks for the quick reply on that...great advice!

Interesting how since the hubs are upgraded for ZL1 and 1LE, there haven't been really any aftermarket offerings on them.

Not including the hubs then, 1LE sways for $244 shipped via GMPartsDirect.com is not a bad deal. Makes dropping $600+ from Pfadt or Pedders for their top of the line sways a much harder choice.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #67
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcplus14 View Post
Not including the hubs then, 1LE sways for $244 shipped via GMPartsDirect.com is not a bad deal. Makes dropping $600+ from Pfadt or Pedders for their top of the line sways a much harder choice.
Just wait until it's been out for a while and buy them off someone who upgrades for real cheap.

In other news my coilovers should be here friday so I will finally be able to figure out the differences in the 2 mounts.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #68
Synner

Pics will come tomorrow if I can finish but the shock mounts are different in a couple places.

1) Pre-existing cutouts which seem to line up with the adjustment knob location for some coilovers that used to require drilling to insert the knob. Sadly not mine so I ended up drilling holes in the trunk which really pissed me off. Pedders would probably work with zero drilling, I'd have to do some measuring to be sure.

2) Bushings are definitely different. The steel insert is 4.2MM wider than on the standard SS version. I assume more steel and less rubber will reduce deflection which is a good thing. I couldn't tell a difference in the rubber itself other than there being less of it from the steel insert. I'll check thickness tomorrow.

3) My bathroom scale showed no difference but it kinda felt/looked a bit heavier. Seemed like the metal was a hair beefier but the cutouts may have made it weigh about the same. The lip around the outer edge extended 1/16" more.

Weld locations and length were exactly the same. Same 4 widened bolt holes for mounting to the frame.

Honestly I'm not sure it's worth buying unless you want every last bushing upgraded or you're lazy and don't wanna drill for pedders adjusters. But they come off anyways to do springs or coilovers so if you want to spend the $120 on them go ahead. Glad I could be everyone's guinea pig.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #69
Synner

1LE is on the left in all pics:

Not sure if any of these are for mag ride on the ZL1 but it sure likes like the spot for coilover adjusters.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #70
nak3dsnake

My 1LE parts are here!