Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
Cuejo

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRay-J View Post
I test drove one and it sounded good. If I had it I wouldn't feel the need to upgrade it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
I can barely wait the 12 weeks the dealer said it would take to build!

I just hope the snow is gone by then
Cuejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #16
dakota74

Drives: 2014 Summit White; 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks. My only issue is that the tune voids the warranty. I actually hope to supercharge too, (I have to buy the fiance new boobs first) but I think all of those things are a couple of years out. I need something to close the gap. I could just save the stock exhaust, but that also seems to be more hassle than it's worth.

I'm stunned I'm the first to pick up on the boob comment and run with it.

I have the Borla ATAK -- not as loud as I thought it would be, but I absolutely love it.

In my opinion, though, boobs are way more important. Waaaaaaaay more important. Borla ATAK on Amazon -- 6 months no interest. Supercharger -- Almost $7k if not more.

Boobs -- Way more important, at any price.

Yeah. Nuff said.
dakota74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #17
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuejo View Post
Thanks
I can barely wait the 12 weeks the dealer said it would take to build!

I just hope the snow is gone by then
I couldn't wait, so that's why I have an auto. But, I do like remote start and I think I have read that the l99 responds well to boost due to its lower compression compared to the ls3.

BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #18
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota74 View Post
I'm stunned I'm the first to pick up on the boob comment and run with it.

I have the Borla ATAK -- not as loud as I thought it would be, but I absolutely love it.

In my opinion, though, boobs are way more important. Waaaaaaaay more important. Borla ATAK on Amazon -- 6 months no interest. Supercharger -- Almost $7k if not more.

Boobs -- Way more important, at any price.

Yeah. Nuff said.
Boobs cost about the same as a supercharger, but their overall value can not be overstated. You simply get more bang for your buck.

BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #19
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible

Low interest rate on Supercharger. High interest rate on the boob job
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Quote:
Boobs cost about the same as a supercharger, but their overall value can not be overstated. You simply get more bang for your buck.

and you my friend are the first to make me laugh this morning.
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:

Yeah, but your Car won't be tempted to leave you from all the new found attention it gets from the upgrade.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #22
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
If you have an l99 auto trans if you change exhaust youre going to get afm noise and it doesnt go away unless you tune. I like the sound of my solo axel back but I wish I would of left the exhaust alone and gotten headers first. The other thing i love the solo 4" tips
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Thanks. My only issue is that the tune voids the warranty. I actually hope to supercharge too, (I have to buy the fiance new boobs first) but I think all of those things are a couple of years out. I need something to close the gap. I could just save the stock exhaust, but that also seems to be more hassle than it's worth.

Get the boobs first, or you may find yourself getting way more "Solo Performance" than you wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuejo View Post
I just ordered a 13 ss drop with the dual mode exhaust.
How does that sound compared with all the aftermarket options?
It's winter where I am and I haven't heard one with the dual mode.
One of our club members just got a 1LE with dual mode exhaust. Sounds great! It's how all the Camaros should sound rolling out of the plant!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #24
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Sound is sure a matter of preference. I have the Solo catback and thought it was a bit too quiet, but when I got the headers and high flow cats it sounds just right. I was afraid my wife would find it too loud but it turned out that she loves the sound, too, with the top up or down.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #25
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
From Borla Service:

Congratulations on the new car and thank you for your interest in our exhaust! We have quite a few options available to upgrade the exhaust on your new Camaro which will not require any modification, including the body kit. The primary choice you will need to make is what sound level would you prefer for your Camaro, you will need to choose between “Touring”, “S-type” and “ATAK”. The three options only differ in sound level, all three will provide the best flow possible for your exhaust and will notice the same performance boost from all three. The Touring system will be the quietest option of the three, but still an improvement over the stock system. You will notice a change in tone in the exhaust without the system being much louder until you reach the higher RPM levels. An S-type exhaust is the popular mid-level system which will be noticeably more aggressive than stock even at idle with a deep and throaty rumble, but even under acceleration it will never go over the top or be too loud. The ATAK system however is the loudest option we have for your car with a very aggressive tone. The ATAK system still has a very high quality sound though and does not sacrifice quality for noise.

All three sound levels are available in both a full Cat-Back exhaust and a rear-section only variation. The benefit of the Cat-Back exhaust is that you will be replacing all of your exhaust piping from after the catalytic converters with mandrel bent stainless steel pipe which will include an x-pipe. The full exhaust with an x-pipe will smooth out the exhaust tone more than mufflers only and will provide an even larger performance boost. However, if you are on a budget the rear section exhaust will include the same muffler used in the Cat-Back exhaust for the majority of the sound and about half the performance boost. Both the Cat-Back exhaust and the rear section exhaust are direct clamp on systems with the Cat-Back system not requiring any cutting or modification of the stock system and the rear section exhaust only requiring you to cut the over-axle pipes before clamping our system into place. Both systems will also not include tips in order to fit correctly with the rectangular opending on your current ground FX kit.

In addition to the Cat-Back and rear-section exhaust systems, we also offer both short tube and long tube headers for your car. However, while all versions of the Cat-Back and rear-section exhaust are fully emissions legal in all 50 states and guaranteed not to void the warrantee on your car, both header options are for off-road use only. The long tube headers will generate the largest performance boost for your car but do remove your catalytic converters. As a result, your car cannot pass an emissions test and a check engine light will come on. Your engine would need to be tuned to turn this light off if the long tube headers were installed. Short tube headers will also offer a performance boost and will leave the catalytic converters in place, but the part is not CARB certified and therefore would not be street legal.

Listed below are the links for all parts we offer for your Camaro, please let me know if you have any questions or would like more details on a specific part.

140331 - Cat-Back Touring exhaust
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...rod_sku=140331

140330 - Cat-Back S-type exhaust
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...rod_sku=140330

140378 - Cat-Back ATAK exhaust
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...rod_sku=140378

11800 – Rear-Section Touring exhaust
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...prod_sku=11800

11801 – Rear-Section S-type exhaust
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...prod_sku=11801

11794 – Rear-Section ATAK exhaust
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...prod_sku=11794

17249 – Long Tube header
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...prod_sku=17249

17258 – Short Tube header
http://www.borla.com/products/produc...prod_sku=17258
Old 01-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
I have the Borla S Type on my vert with ground effects. The kit you order does not include tips and you can get the ones you want and get them welded on.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #27
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
Had the Borla S type catback. Changed to The full American Racing Headers set up. Headers, hi flo cats, x pipe and exhaust. Gotta get the tune done to remove the AFM. You're gonna reduce the drone when you tune that off. I've heard many exhausts and the sound from American Racing is the best one I've ever heard. Not too loud on normal driving but really comes alive when you get on it.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #28
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
I have a vert and the Solo exhaust. I love it. Check out my build thread on the H-Town Camaro Club site. The pics are kind of old and I made a few more mods since then. The best thing about the tips on the Solo is you can get them to fit the GFX like we have. They are beveled, sort of back-cut, which I didn't like, but they fit perfectly. I have since cut mine flush with the GFX bezels and it looks awesome.

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/show...-other-goodies

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***

Last edited by Who Dat 2SS; 02-19-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote