Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2023, 10:13 AM   #1
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Share a grarage with THAT?! EV review free joyrides

Ok time for a few to get their rage on
https://ts.la/brian987376 use that link to schedule a free joyride or buy one if you like it and get free autopilot for 3 months and free fast Supercharging fullups for 6mo. You can't get the free credits after you complete the purchase if you didn't use the link all the way to purchase. Scroll after clicking link to Demo Drive for free fun.

Now on to the review. I have been getting pressure from the wife to get an EV because of the charging from house costing a fraction of gas fill ups. I haven't been sold on the idea until a joyride on the acceleration of them. It's something I'd recommend you feel for yourself. It's free and low hassle. You upload your drivers license and go to a location like a secret handoff in a spy movie. You'll get a code to drive the car.
I first tried the Tesla 3 and it has way to much wind noise at highway speeds. The Y was sitting next to it so I got a test drive for it thinking why not. Now this was more fun. It was a dual motor long range which has good acceleration. It's silent so feels more like a Disneyland ride than our fun loud Camaro V8s winding up. The acceleration is there like a Scat Pak. The difference is no tire spin and no drama.

Here is a video for entertainment of how tire spin vs no spin wins races. I got the Hellcat's problem with my Camaro. It's great fun but fishtails and feels like driving in snow when I put my foot in it.
The "Autopilot" sucks in my opinion. All the reviews are against me on that. It was braking on a green light last night and driving in the parking lanes trying to figure out what lane to be in. It loves to change lanes to pass even if you were in the correct lane and didn't want to get in a turn only lane, not so smart. It has 3 levels of autopilot. Oddly the first one is called Auto pilot and it is like other cars that have lanekeeping assist and radar cruise control. The next level up is Enhanced autopilot with includes Summon where the car comes to you in a parking lot. I haven't tried it but be aware that feature is turned off right now for "updates" and will return in some unknown weeks. I'm not up for paying $6k for that but the lane change assist is cool. For $12k you get Full Self driving autopilot. Like I said for free trial with a referral link I'm glad I didn't pay for that. It feels unsafe around town to me. On the highway it's better if you turn off or deal with it's lane changing scaring you as it suddenly swerves without warning. Also I have two other cars which let you make steering adjustments as you go to keep the autopilot active but the Tesla sucks on that, if you want to move to a sweet spot in the lane it fights you and turns off the autopilot which makes you suddenly slowdown on the freeway. WTF.
The interior and seats are ok. Nothing to rave about. Everything is on a touch screen including adjust mirrors or vents. Kids love that for an older guy
The acceleration now that's worth a joyride at least. The thing I didn't know you can Mod it too . It's called acceleration boost and it does suck they change you $2k for it but it doesn't void any warranty or make the car break or run bad. It's a button you click on the app and with just a software update you get 100hp and half second off your 0-60 times!!
Edit: Importantly there is a $7500 tax credit still going this year and if you select looking for a car in stock I saved another $2500 instead of a custom built one.
Attached Images

silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 10:37 AM   #2
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
I almost reported spam on this post. Seeing how many post you have, I didn't.

TBH, this post reads like a sales ad. What's the point?
Old 12-07-2023, 10:48 AM   #3
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
Yeah had to look at the account but too, once I saw that the driver car was a Camaro that was the giveaway account was legit. As for the Tesla thing, there is a very active and lengthy electric vehicles thread in like general automotive section of the forum, might want to share this over there, it's probably just going to confuse people in the general.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:58 AM   #4
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
I almost reported spam on this post. Seeing how many post you have, I didn't.

TBH, this post reads like a sales ad. What's the point?
The free joyride and a real opinion from a Camaro owner. Thanks for giving a second thought. It might be better in a different thread. I made the title clear as to what was in the tread if someone wasn't interested in a joyride or review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddymel1998 View Post
Yeah had to look at the account but too, once I saw that the driver car was a Camaro that was the giveaway account was legit. As for the Tesla thing, there is a very active and lengthy electric vehicles thread in like general automotive section of the forum, might want to share this over there, it's probably just going to confuse people in the general.
Thanks I didn't see that. I read a few EV threads and there was no info, just they suck comments and nothing to consider. Took a minute to find that section. Good Y comment: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11384430&postcount=1444

Last edited by silversleeper; 12-07-2023 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:13 AM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i have to admit i thought it was spam till i saw your username on it.one of the local guya at our car show traded off a couple of pretty fast vintage chevys to get one and seems happy with it,but my camaro is paid for and im not sure i trust the new tech that much that i want to invest big bucks yet.could be interesting if you keep the tesla to see how you feel about it in 6 months or a year though,i promise not to flame you if you enjoy driving it...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:20 AM   #6
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Definitely seems like his account got hacked or something .Robotic responses.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #7
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I also considered that. I'm sure this thread is going to gather a lot of attention if left...

Unsolicited offers and such, scammy looking link, no thanks!
Old 12-07-2023, 11:35 AM   #8
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Nope. I just should have posted in that long ev thread I didn't know about. If I was trying to clickbait someone I wouldn't have given a correct thread title for example. Just because someone likes acceleration of an EV doesn't mean they can't like a Supercharged V8 just like I said in my first line some people will be angry at EV appreciation.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:47 AM   #9
Pkeen

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs, 2008 Avalanche
The Hellcat wasted his time without some drag radials or slicks !
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Pkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:01 PM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Shoulda sent this kitty for the Tesla!! lol.

Old 12-07-2023, 02:54 PM   #11
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
My boss had a rivian and would joke about it having 1000hp and faster 0-60 then my Camaro, I would remind him that if I bought my Camaro and then spent the difference in costs on mods, I could probably go faster then the rivian, but I feel like at that point ypu lose a lot of the everyday drivability (never mentioned that second part though).
Old 12-07-2023, 03:49 PM   #12
SlowLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Nope. I just should have posted in that long ev thread I didn't know about. If I was trying to clickbait someone I wouldn't have given a correct thread title for example. Just because someone likes acceleration of an EV doesn't mean they can't like a Supercharged V8 just like I said in my first line some people will be angry at EV appreciation.
I apologize for coming across like an ass... I can appreciate your enjoyment of EV and don't take issue with that. For sure, needs to be in the other section though. No need for the long EV thread. Put it here: General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion
Old 12-07-2023, 04:16 PM   #13
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
I apologize for coming across like an ass... I can appreciate your enjoyment of EV and don't take issue with that. For sure, needs to be in the other section though. No need for the long EV thread. Put it here: General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion
No worries. It does sound like a sales ad except I list complaints and you get free joyride or fillups. People post their new Corvettes and Silverado's in here so I thought something along those lines with freebies would be ok. I'm not a full fanboy but Joyrides are fun. After mel directed me to the EV thread where it probably belonged I read the first half doz and last half doz pages and it's unfocused. I think a new thread where you say would probably been the best place. Mods might move it eventually. Enjoy your fast "slow" car the v8 howl, smells and tires clawing for traction is unmatched.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:14 PM   #14
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I recognized Silversleeper as a legit account. I guess given the season, I might sum 'er up like this; I bought an electric knife once. ONCE!

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 12-07-2023 at 06:29 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote