Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2023, 04:25 PM   #1
all muSScle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Loose Terminal Socket in Fuseblock

All,

The female terminal sockets in the fuseblock for my low speed fan relay (k613) are loose, preventing a tight connection when the relay is placed back in its spot. Is there an easy way to access these under the fuse block to tighten them up? I’ve tried bending the relay spades to tighten it up and that worked for awhile but has since stopped working. My next thought was to put a little solder on the spades but would rather just tighten things up from underneath if possible. Thanks in advance.
all muSScle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 06:22 PM   #2
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Haven't done a gen5 Camaro but other GM's work like this. Aafter disconnecting the battery you should be able to remove the back of the fuse block after you take the block off, then use a pin tool ( or paperclip) to push the tab in from the front of the block as you pull from the rear. It would be better to replace it rather than bend it closed to prevent it from happing again. amazon carries the connecters and the crimper for them a regular wire crimper wont work.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 08:11 PM   #3
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
I had one that I messed up years ago. You can take the fuse box off and disassembled it from the bottom. I just squeezed it back together, but a new connector would be the way to go. IIRC, it was a little tricky and delicate to get the box apart.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 10:16 AM   #4
all muSScle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Thanks for the replies. Honestly, it’s my own fault. I was using my multi meter to test the different terminals to wire in a manual low speed fan override and apparently my probe was a little bulky. This was strictly done as a temporary solution to be able to drive around to break my engine in after being rebuilt. We had to disconnect the ac to pull the engine and hadn’t been able to recharge it yet so I couldn’t use the ac override to kick the fans on. Long story short, everything was fine prior to this and worked great for almost a year with the spades being bent to tighten things up. Until this week when my fans wouldn’t kick on with the ac. I wiggled the relay and got them on but a slight bump would kick them back off. How hard is it to access the back? It looks like the four tabs on side release the whole fuseblock and then it appears to have so smaller tabs around the perimeter of the piece that the relays actually plug into that would allow the top portion to be pulled off to access the underside? Seems like a fairly simple process unless I’m missing something but was surprised no one else had really ran into it…I guess most are just swapping out the fuse block in it’s entirety?
all muSScle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuseblock, loose connection, relay