Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2023, 03:46 PM   #1
Zander10
Banned

Drives: Chevy Camaro
New Rubber Nose help

Hi

Last night I had a gentleman back into my Camaro front nose on driver side.
Has anyone seen anywhere in the data base on how to replace one. The hood is not damaged but I do have to replace the rubber nose as it took too much damage. I do not have the required rental car and the guys insurance is AZ minimum. I looked around and they sell the nose either pre painted or not but I want OEM not an import. I am open to any help here

Zander
Zander10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 04:20 PM   #2
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
All i seen from the painted parts online are aftermarket noses. Have a body shop give you estimate for a OEM replacement.They can order it and paint it before it needs to be installed. DO NOT use Painted auto body parts out of chicago!!
Old 12-26-2023, 04:27 PM   #3
Dirgam

Drives: 2012 VR GFX SS/RS M6 Convertible
I had my 2013 2LT backed into a couple of years back. I ordered GM replacement and took to local body shop to paint, came out great. Roughly $260 for part and $150 for paint. I also used the opportunity to install the havoc grill. Forgot to mention, that while it was ugly it was drivable, so I continued to use while I waited for the part to arrive and to be painted, then I took the car in, and it was installed same day.

Last edited by Dirgam; 12-26-2023 at 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Dirgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 04:29 PM   #4
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Just google front bumper removal on a Gen5 Camaro there are plenty of how to's and videos. Its super simple and doesn't take long to do. You definitely want an OEM bumper as aftermarket sometimes is a challenge to fit. You can have a body shop paint it before installing.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 05:12 PM   #5
Zander10
Banned

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
Just google front bumper removal on a Gen5 Camaro there are plenty of how to's and videos. Its super simple and doesn't take long to do. You definitely want an OEM bumper as aftermarket sometimes is a challenge to fit. You can have a body shop paint it before installing.
Well I searched the data base and found only one guy who stated "If you can't change your own nose don't fix it or something like that. Still searching . I Live in AZ and was hoping to get one local. The body shop I called wanted to write the whole thing up and he wanted $900 just to paint the nose and reinstall. I am not sure if that's good or bad, never did this before

Zander
Old 12-26-2023, 06:06 PM   #6
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
replacing the front bumper is fairly easy. 2 bolts underneath, 5 bolts on each side, 3 torq screws on each side, 2 bolts under the hood and maybe 10 push pins. I have taken my bumper off numerous times, you can do it on the ground without even using jackstands. All you need is a 10mm socket, a few extensions, torq bits, and a 1/4 drive ratchet. Its really not that bad. $900 seems pretty steep. They are probably charging you a few hours book time to remove and replace the front bumper. Paint should only be a few hundred, unless they are trying to blend the fenders and hood.

As another member mentioned. The website painted auto body parts I would stay away from. To ship the bumpers cheaply, they paint them and then fold them into a box. I have heard to alot of bumpers being scratched up and damaged from shipping.

Good luck to you!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 06:46 PM   #7
Zander10
Banned

Question Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
replacing the front bumper is fairly easy. 2 bolts underneath, 5 bolts on each side, 3 torq screws on each side, 2 bolts under the hood and maybe 10 push pins. I have taken my bumper off numerous times, you can do it on the ground without even using jackstands. All you need is a 10mm socket, a few extensions, torq bits, and a 1/4 drive ratchet. Its really not that bad. $900 seems pretty steep. They are probably charging you a few hours book time to remove and replace the front bumper. Paint should only be a few hundred, unless they are trying to blend the fenders and hood.

As another member mentioned. The website painted auto body parts I would stay away from. To ship the bumpers cheaply, they paint them and then fold them into a box. I have heard to alot of bumpers being scratched up and damaged from shipping.

Good luck to you!
I wish I had your skill set, one thing I noticed that I have to change out the fogs and it appears to be cheaper to buy the set with harness for $79 off of E.B than it is to buy them local as they blew bulb on one side. Mine are blue non stock. Until I tear it down I won't realy know what's up. The body of the car is metallic grey with black striping. I realy need to find a step by step. I bought this car to go back and forth to school and work. Do you think I can replace it with proper tools in one weekend?

Zander
Old 12-26-2023, 06:59 PM   #8
Zander10
Banned

Found one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
This guy has a great one on you tube from lethal garage and he made look easy. Thanks

Zander
Old 12-26-2023, 08:18 PM   #9
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64375
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 08:26 PM   #10
Zander10
Banned

Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Great link thanks
Old 12-26-2023, 09:29 PM   #11
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I've been through this process multiple times and I have tried an aftermarket bumper front and rear like 5 times. I have all of them painted by different people who all f-ed them up. I didn't even realize how different the oem bumper fits compared to the aftermarket ones. There's really no comparison, the oem ones fit way better than any off the aftermarket ones. And as far as paint, knowing what I know now I just wished I had paid the dealer to do it. No one can even touch on how much of a better job the dealer can do. I would say if you can have it all done at the dealer even if you have to wait a while and save up I would highly recommend it. It's the only way to get really good results with a warranty.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 06:24 AM   #12
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Something sounds fishy here. Why won't the guy's insurance pay for it? In AZ, you're REQUIRED to have $15,000 MINIMUM property damage liability. It won't cost $15K to replace the nose on your car, even if a dealer did all of it. Someone's trying to snow you. With any money out of your pocket, I'd hire a lawyer, take the guy to court and get my money back, so save all your receipts. Make them pay for it and pay for your legal bills, ultimately. If he didn't have any insurance at all, you definitely need to get a judgement in your favor.

As far as the dealership doing the best...that really depends on the dealer. Some actually have painters, many do not and farm out the paint anyway. And those that do, some are very good, and some suck at it.

Whatever you do, listen to the people saying NOT to get pre-painted because likely you'll never match it to the right shade that's on your car. New paint vs. any faded OEM paint and it's going to look funny. Painting locally, a GOOD painter can mix up the paint to make the closest match possible without "blending" fenders and hood. I was never a fan of the blending method, but if you have to you have to. If it's a metallic color, it's usually tougher to match. If the rest of your car's paint is mint, still, you'll be in better shape as far as matching goes.

You're right to insist on using OEM parts. Nothing fits like genuine GM. You'll need p/n 92236547 for a new nose. $522.92 is the current full, retail price. Call GM dealers parts departments near you and see if they'll offer a discount. Pay once, cry once.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM   #13
AlisoBob

Drives: Camaro 2SS Gen 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Something sounds fishy here. Someone's trying to snow you. With any money out of your pocket, I'd hire a lawyer, take the guy to court and get my money back
Yup.... big time.
AlisoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 10:28 AM   #14
Zander10
Banned

insurances

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Something sounds fishy here. Why won't the guy's insurance pay for it? In AZ, you're REQUIRED to have $15,000 MINIMUM property damage liability. It won't cost $15K to replace the nose on your car, even if a dealer did all of it. Someone's trying to snow you. With any money out of your pocket, I'd hire a lawyer, take the guy to court and get my money back, so save all your receipts. Make them pay for it and pay for your legal bills, ultimately. If he didn't have any insurance at all, you definitely need to get a judgement in your favor.

As far as the dealership doing the best...that really depends on the dealer. Some actually have painters, many do not and farm out the paint anyway. And those that do, some are very good, and some suck at it.

Whatever you do, listen to the people saying NOT to get pre-painted because likely you'll never match it to the right shade that's on your car. New paint vs. any faded OEM paint and it's going to look funny. Painting locally, a GOOD painter can mix up the paint to make the closest match possible without "blending" fenders and hood. I was never a fan of the blending method, but if you have to you have to. If it's a metallic color, it's usually tougher to match. If the rest of your car's paint is mint, still, you'll be in better shape as far as matching goes.

You're right to insist on using OEM parts. Nothing fits like genuine GM. You'll need p/n 92236547 for a new nose. $522.92 is the current full, retail price. Call GM dealers parts departments near you and see if they'll offer a discount. Pay once, cry once.
Yes he has USAA and I have filed a claim with them, today most of them are still outa the office. I do hope they pay up but as I said I do not have rental insurance. Hopefully this will get resolved before the 1st. The body shop wants to do more than this covers including blending the fenders requiring the letters to be replaced. I am working on it!

Zander