Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
A62010SS

Drives: 2010SS
What Is Up With Torq??

I came across a couple threads in the Forced Induction V8 area that have quite a few folks unhappy with them including Whipple . First I had heard of issues. Anyone else?
A62010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
heard something about some non pay to whipple and that was a rumor
Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
Unfortunately not a rumor. A lot of the story is here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250893

and here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250893

Whipple chimes in directly in both at the end. I know I was in the middle of one of the issues that came up when a sale I lost went bad for the buyer and tried to help them out.

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Ewing

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
More unhappiness here too:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...t=43511&page=3
404ci Forged & Stroked|Livernois Stage 1 Cam|Roto-Fab|Kooks LT's & X-Pipe|Ported TB & Intake|Pedderized with BMR sprinkles|JHP Nav Kit|Much ICE|Ceramic Tints|3rd Shift & Holden Emblems|Gloss Black Camaro Brembos|Bluetooth and XM retrofit|5000K HID's|Roof Spoiler|TCS 3200RPM Stall|Earl's tranny,oil & ps coolers|12.3@109MPH|440HP|410TQ|
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
I_O_M SS

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
Ordered my Whipple July 9th, PAID IN FULL. Was tired of the lies from TORQ about it being on back order. Had already talked to Mike at Whipple several times and he assured me they were not on back order and that they only took 4 weeks to get at that time. At 87 days, that was 12.5 weeks in, I disputed the charge on my visa as an only recourse to secure my money back, as after 90 days I would have to sue TORQ directly to TRY to get my money back. The bank called me Nov. 19th to tell me they had called TORQ and TORQ had told them that the parts I had ordered were still on back order, that was at 20 weeks. TORQ had posted last week that they had been in touch with me to try to make me happy. Yeah, they wanted me to cancel my order and of course pay a restocking fee and a non refundable fee for the custom parts that had been ordered. So just to clarify what happened I had to post. At this point I have received my money back from the bank, but TORQ is still trying to go after it.
I_O_M SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
bad bowtie

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS
If you are not happy with thier work and call them out on it they just threaten to sue you! Dont waste your time or money with them! Me and my brother learned that the hard way! They like "testing" customers cars at 1:30 am on a friday night and breaking Brand new supercharger belts. They cleaned the outside of the car but forgot to clean the rubber out of the fenderwells and suspension components! Cant Prove it but the evidence suggests street racing customers cars!! Stay away!! If a huge company like Whipple has decided to not sell to them and not allow them to be an authorized dealer any longer that should be all the evidence you need!!
bad bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
I had a very unhappy experience with them. I'd avoid.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Wrong section. That said. I have never had anything to complain about with them.

Have helped me out with issues when they didn't even do the work and always got my parts quick. Hopefully it get's resolved for you.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would never let them touch my car.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
My car has most of it's part's ordered via them never had a problem and there allway's there to answer question's..Hope everything work's out for you guys.
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
I_O_M SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Wrong section. That said. I have never had anything to complain about with them.

Have helped me out with issues when they didn't even do the work and always got my parts quick. Hopefully it get's resolved for you.
Just wondering why you think this the wrong section. The topic of this thread is "What Is Up With Torq". With that being said, how much money have you fronted them for parts not received. I'm at a little over $12,500 and still no parts that were ordered July 9th, 2012.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
I_O_M SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroV6 View Post
My car has most of it's part's ordered via them never had a problem and there allway's there to answer question's..Hope everything work's out for you guys.
I'm sure they are good at delivering parts that are inexpensive, but buy $12,500 worth of parts and pay in full and then you will probably be in the same boat as me.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_O_M SS View Post
Just wondering why you think this the wrong section. The topic of this thread is "What Is Up With Torq". With that being said, how much money have you fronted them for parts not received. I'm at a little over $12,500 and still no parts that were ordered July 9th, 2012.
A: This should be in the vendor review section no? Regardless of thread title. People wishing to read reviews on vendors wouldn't be coming here to find them most likely.

B: No i didn't front them 12k. But, i know people who spent way more than that with them. Does this change the fact that i got every part i ordered quickly?

C: Why the hostility to people who didn't have any problems?

As previously stated, hopefully it get's worked out for you

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
I_O_M SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
A: This should be in the vendor review section no? Regardless of thread title. People wishing to read reviews on vendors wouldn't be coming here to find them most likely.

B: No i didn't front them 12k. But, i know people who spent way more than that with them. Does this change the fact that i got every part i ordered quickly?

C: Why the hostility to people who didn't have any problems?

As previously stated, hopefully it get's worked out for you
A: It doesn't matter what section it is. It was a topic that I saw and had to post. It also lets people know about companies that other people have had experiences with. I have personally never went to the vendor section and have read many bad reviews about TORQ on threads like these and experienced it.

B: From what I have read TORQ used to be a good company, but somewhere, somehow, something happened. I ordered a 2.9L Whipple supercharger on July 9th, 2012. At the time I ordered the build time was 4 weeks. As of now it is only 5 to 7 days. On Dec 9th, 2012 it will be 5 months and still no supercharger. I have talked to Whipple myself many times and was told that I should call Torq and ask them what is going on. As of 11/26/12 TORQ is no longer a authorized Whipple reseller or installer, hopefully because of me. This doesn't change the fact that you got your parts quickly, but I'm still waiting on mine.

C: No real hostility, I'm sure a lot of people have been happy with them. I just want everybody else to know if they are going to spend some real money what has and is still happening to me.

I'm sure it will all work out in the end. I have some pretty good attorneys