Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Stingray Chevrolet in Florida is owned by the same guy who owns Classic Chevrolet in Texas, I would suggest giving them a call. They are in Plant City in the Tampa area.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Hello All,

I need to stand on the soap box for a moment and just see what others have to say about this, and their experience so far.

After time and deliberation about two months ago I decided to order a Camaro 2SS. I tried to order from at least 6 dealers in the area, some wanted 20% non refundable deposits, some wanted 5k non refundable, and others 1k refundable. Most though wanted 5k+ on top of MSRP. It took a while to find a few dealers in the area that were willing to do MSRP on ordered models due in around October, which is perfectly fine for me. After contacted their sales people multiple times, each time I called and left a message no one called back or they said let me find out and call you back. Needless to say…. no contact.

Yesterday I decided to take a ride down to one of them, cash in hand for a deposit and ready to purchase one on the remaining allocation. The sales guy I talked to was originally was off and his partner was on. When I walked in there were two guys with their feet on their desks watching a golf tournament. The greeter paged the sales person he looked over and shunned the request. She then walked into the office to get him and he made a gesture and grinned. Walked out and said sorry I am busy let me get someone else for you. After waiting around for a while I had enough and walked out.

This trend wasn’t just from one dealer it seems any Chevrolet dealer I tried to deal with where either complete BS or just completely unwilling or rude. Compare this type of service to say Audi or BMW, you walk in, you are greeted treated with respect and they cater to you. If this is the new American car buying experience no wonder this company is bankrupt. The car is a great product but nothing is worth this hassle.

I really believe some of these dealers forget who the customer is and how to treat them. If these dealers are the face of GM what does that say about the company as a whole?

Granted there are a few sour apples in the bunch, but when it spans multiple dealers there is something wrong.

If you are a dealer in the South Florida area and you want business, repeat customer and you want a car deal send me a private message.
Dude I hear you. I live in your area and went thru the same thing. I gave up on South Fl Dealers and called Orlando and the sourrounding area , I found a dealer that sold it to me for MSRP with no hassle. Give it a try
Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
If Pines doesn't work out for you, try Arcadia Chevrolet over in SW FL.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
there's also a thread that lists dealers at or under MSRP.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #19
jdanza

Forget Pembroke Pines ... I had no luck there. He told me maybe NEXT year.. lol
Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #20
RyanSSaddict
oh no la migra

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
This is a typical for a "LOT" of a chevy dealers. A dealer in my town lied to the people about the car, lies about the engine, told them their was no window sticker, lied to them and told them that my camaro was a 2009 and that I paid 49,000. This is one of the reasons GM is having a hard time. I'm 26 and most dealers won't even take me seriously until I pull out a check.
RyanSSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
jdanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Hello All,

I need to stand on the soap box for a moment and just see what others have to say about this, and their experience so far.

After time and deliberation about two months ago I decided to order a Camaro 2SS. I tried to order from at least 6 dealers in the area, some wanted 20% non refundable deposits, some wanted 5k non refundable, and others 1k refundable. Most though wanted 5k+ on top of MSRP. It took a while to find a few dealers in the area that were willing to do MSRP on ordered models due in around October, which is perfectly fine for me. After contacted their sales people multiple times, each time I called and left a message no one called back or they said let me find out and call you back. Needless to say…. no contact.

Yesterday I decided to take a ride down to one of them, cash in hand for a deposit and ready to purchase one on the remaining allocation. The sales guy I talked to was originally was off and his partner was on. When I walked in there were two guys with their feet on their desks watching a golf tournament. The greeter paged the sales person he looked over and shunned the request. She then walked into the office to get him and he made a gesture and grinned. Walked out and said sorry I am busy let me get someone else for you. After waiting around for a while I had enough and walked out.

This trend wasn’t just from one dealer it seems any Chevrolet dealer I tried to deal with where either complete BS or just completely unwilling or rude. Compare this type of service to say Audi or BMW, you walk in, you are greeted treated with respect and they cater to you. If this is the new American car buying experience no wonder this company is bankrupt. The car is a great product but nothing is worth this hassle.

I really believe some of these dealers forget who the customer is and how to treat them. If these dealers are the face of GM what does that say about the company as a whole?

Granted there are a few sour apples in the bunch, but when it spans multiple dealers there is something wrong.

If you are a dealer in the South Florida area and you want business, repeat customer and you want a car deal send me a private message.
PM me and I will give you the name and the # of the dealer I ordered thru
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
It's stories like this that should be a clear sign to GM to set up a functioning online order system. It's clear too many dealers don't give a sh8t about the GM brand. Too many transients in it for the very last dollar and if the brand is destroyed along the way, so be it, I guess. People hate buying cars because of the dealer and the haggle/rip-off process. Therefore, cut out the haggle process!

If I can obtain all of my student loans online (all $190,000 worth) through Citibank without ever having to speak to anyone, I do not see why people couldn't do the same for cars. I don't see any reason why all the options, application for financing and various fees could not work in an online format. Do all the paperwork online, pick up the car at the dealer. It could be so simple. The dealers will bitch, but give them $500 or whatever for basically doing nothing except unloading the car off the trailer and they'd probably put up with it. Somebody has to be with me here?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #23
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
yeah I ran into a few jerks myself comparing to how I was treated buying a BMW or BENZ or even HONDA, COMMON HONDA treated me better, haha... But thank GOD I found a good dealer here FREEDOM CHEVY is the BEST... ANCIRA CHEVY here in San Antonio is the worst in town, their sales assoc. are great but the GM there JOE LOPEZ really got under my skin. Good Luck!

p.s. You can't blame GM for those animals, that could happen to anyone

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
If a dealer wanted a larger deposit that were the terms of his deal. You had the right to walk away if it didn't work for you. However, you went to 6 dealers and couldn't place an order at MSRP? It couldn't be all of them were jerks or had attitudes.

Was their level of "kissing ass" not up to your liking?

Just write the check and order the car. It isn't that difficult.
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #25
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
If a dealer wanted a larger deposit that were the terms of his deal. You had the right to walk away if it didn't work for you. However, you went to 6 dealers and couldn't place an order at MSRP? It couldn't be all of them were jerks or had attitudes.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #26
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post

Non refundable deposit – No way in hell
Not one would do MSRP...

Their level of service was horrible before the purchase I can’t imagine it in the long run.

No problems though, thanks to some of these folks they put me in touch with the right people which will provide me with the proper level of “ass kissing”.
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #27
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
Forget Pembroke Pines ... I had no luck there. He told me maybe NEXT year.. lol
That's because their hands are tied by GM--all of their allocations are full because nobody else in the area is letting people order at MSRP and everyone went to them and now there's a waiting list. That's the breaks when you wait too long to play ball. Fortunately for me, I got my deposit in early (#6 of 24) and have my car now. That's the breaks when you wait too long.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #28
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
Yep, I ordered from Matt at Garber in MI. The salespeople in my area were nice, but I was not paying over sticker.
Matt got my order
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote