Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 PM   #29
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I got the purple one, tundra and a premium glass waffle and sponge something. Plus within an hour i got an email saying order has been shipped. I love the fact this company does flat rate shipping. Now I other vendors could follow suit they would have my business for life.

Last edited by Haole; 01-31-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #30
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Add me to the list of orders placed. Not that I needed more towels, but.....
trm2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #31
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by unssafe View Post
hey now,

i placed an order for a couple different drying towels today and they gave me a purple something as my free thing, may get the 50 dollar kit with one of everything next friday.

dave
Gotta love the freebies.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:50 PM   #32
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Damn it why did you have to post this? :( My CC was just finally recovering from Christmas purchases.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:31 AM   #33
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Damn it why did you have to post this? :( My CC was just finally recovering from Christmas purchases.
I know how you feel, My fiancee asked me tonight if I was opening a detailing business with all the money I have spent in the last few months on this stuff!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 AM   #34
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
I know how you feel, My fiancee asked me tonight if I was opening a detailing business with all the money I have spent in the last few months on this stuff!
Pick up one of their nice spa towels for the Misses and she will forgive you, lol
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #35
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
Got my order today. Very happy with the quality. I got the 26 x 48 Avalanche Ultra Plush Drying Towel (w/ FREE WAX KIT) and the WINTER SPECIAL DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Super Plush w/ Satin Edge 10Pk. They threw in three freebies. I got the 16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Split Purple-nality (Dual Pile), a 16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Premium Glass and Window Towel, and a 16x16 DETAIL MASTER PRO The Miner: Premium Metal Polishing Towel. I am a happy camper. Super fast delivery too.
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #36
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool AirZ28 View Post
Got my order today. Very happy with the quality. I got the 26 x 48 Avalanche Ultra Plush Drying Towel (w/ FREE WAX KIT) and the WINTER SPECIAL DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Super Plush w/ Satin Edge 10Pk. They threw in three freebies. I got the 16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Split Purple-nality (Dual Pile), a 16 x 16 DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Premium Glass and Window Towel, and a 16x16 DETAIL MASTER PRO The Miner: Premium Metal Polishing Towel. I am a happy camper. Super fast delivery too.
Damn you got hooked up. Hurry up and use that drying towel and let us know what you think.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #37
Cool AirZ28

Man I live in Chicago. It's cold as he'll here and we are getting another 6 inches of snow tomorrow. It's going to be awhile before I get to use any of this stuff. Car it's in storage. The dying towel is super plush. Should work effortlessly.
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #38
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool AirZ28 View Post
Man I live in Chicago. It's cold as he'll here and we are getting another 6 inches of snow tomorrow. It's going to be awhile before I get to use any of this stuff. Car it's in storage. The dying towel is super plush. Should work effortlessly.
Lol of course, didn't even notice. It's been awful in Tennessee for our standards but you guys would consider it a heat wave...
The drying towel has my interest because of how popular a similar towel has become. I've only used waffle weave type towels for drying in the past.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #39
Cool AirZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Lol of course, didn't even notice. It's been awful in Tennessee for our standards but you guys would consider it a heat wave...
The drying towel has my interest because of how popular a similar towel has become. I've only used waffle weave type towels for drying in the past.
my cousin lives in Memphis. She told me able the icy conditions there. I have only used waffle weaves to for drying. I think this new towel it's going to be good. It comes with a nice applicator with a hand pocket and a finishing mitt with a hand pocket. Can't go wrong with all that.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #40
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Im supposed to get my order on friday. I live in Hawaii so Saturday I will try my towels out. I didnt get any drying towels though. I use the blaster side kick to dry my cars. I will use the towels for polish though and give my thoughts.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:43 AM   #41
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I received my order from The Rag Company today and I wanted to do a quick visual comparison for everyone of the Eagle Edgeless Blue 16x16 to my favored Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile 16x24 towels. This is only a visual comparison I have not had the opportunity to use the new towels yet and I have only washed the Eagle Edgeless Blue towels 1 time and the MFM Crazy Pile towels have been through the wash many times.

I can honestly say that my first impression is extremely favorable. The MFM towel is slightly thicker, but ever so slightly, not enough to make any real difference, and the Eagle Edgeless Blue feels like it has more fibers per square inch but this is just by feel and in no way scientific.

When you compare them on price this is where the Eagle's really shine. The MFM Crazy Pile 16x16 is $9.86 per towel (plus shipping) when purchased in quantity of 3 or more at http://www.carpro-us.com/. The Rag Company, http://www.theragcompany.com/ has the Eagle Edgeless Blue 16x16 for sale in a 5 pack for $22 or $4.40 a towel, and if you order on Friday they provide free shipping. Even if you order the Eagle's in singles they are only $5.95 each.

See for your self, the darker blue is the Eagle Edgeless Blue and the MFM Crazy Pile towel is the lighter blue.
Attached Images

Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #42
camaro2ssblack

Thanks for the feedback and pics, the crazy pile definitely looks a little thicker and the pile is a little different as well. I think we can definitely say they arent the same towel but so close in quality that the value is definitely a deciding factor. Looking forward to some feedback on how they compare in performance...