Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #71
Narc1911

Drives: 2013 1LE Victory Red
Same here. Ordered Friday received Monday. I like the quality so far and the pricing is great. The edge less blues are identical to some I purchased from another vendor for much more. Same with their waffle weave towels.
Narc1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #72
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narc1911 View Post
Same here. Ordered Friday received Monday. I like the quality so far and the pricing is great. The edge less blues are identical to some I purchased from another vendor for much more. Same with their waffle weave towels.
My experience as well. Did a rinseless wash today with the super plush blue with satin border towels, they worked great. Then put on a coat of wax and buffed it off with one of the orange edgeless towels, those things are awesome for the price.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #73
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Order today and it ships free, even better deal.
probably just wait til next friday, will be april before I actually use the stuff so not in a huge hurry!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #74
camaro2ssblack

Well I am three for three. Three Friday morning orders, three Monday afternoon arrivals. Guess I am lucky to live in a location where the Priority mail is cheap and fast.

Here's my latest order:

I simply ordered the 26" x 48" Avalanche Ultra Plush Drying Towel (w/ FREE WAX KIT) which consists of an enormous plush drying towel, a 14" x 14" wax removal towel, a wax applicator with finger pockets, and a wax buffing mitt - all for $17.95 shipped to my door (cant beat it).

And as with any online order, they included freebies. This time I got a sunglass cleaning cloth, a 2" x 4" microfiber applicator and a 12" x 12" utility style towel.

Starting with the drying towel - this thing is a beast. 4' long and seems to go on forever. Very plush, soft, symmetrical and the edges are well done. Should soak up water with ease, the blot method could be done very quickly with this much towel coverage...

Specifications:
Blend: 80% Polyester / 20% Polyamide
Weight: 500 Grams per Square Meter (Premium/Luxury Grade Towel)
Borders: Hemmed Natural Edge - Professional Trim
Material: Ultra Plush Split Microfiber

Here's the wax removal towel - its a 14"x 14" version of their Miner towel which has a dual sided nap depending on how stubborn the wax residue is (very nice).

And the wax applicator with finger pockets and buffing mitt. Although the microfiber is quality, I really don't see myself using these simply because I have plenty of towels and applicators already. However, I see it being a great gift along with your favorite wax to someone just getting into shining their ride.

Again, assuming these work as advertised (which all the other towels have), then I don't have a single negative thing to say. All this for $17.95 shipped over the weekend is ridiculous.

Last edited by camaro2ssblack; 02-10-2014 at 08:27 PM.
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #75
MD LF SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Me too ordered on Friday arrived today(Monday) to Houston, Tx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MD LF SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #76
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
If you guys are gunna spend some money here and you think the regular prices are good, make sure you check out the wholesale pricing. All it takes to qualify is a $75 purchase and you have to call or email but I just placed a follow up order to fully stock my drawers and gift the old man some decent products and was amazed what I was able to get for the money. You pay shipping but it works out pretty damn good if your looking to secure a bunch of "rags"
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #77
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
If you guys are gunna spend some money here and you think the regular prices are good, make sure you check out the wholesale pricing. All it takes to qualify is a $75 purchase and you have to call or email but I just placed a follow up order to fully stock my drawers and gift the old man some decent products and was amazed what I was able to get for the money. You pay shipping but it works out pretty damn good if your looking to secure a bunch of "rags"

The wholesale prices are insane but I dont need bulk for my little weekend warrior operation.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #78
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
The wholesale prices are insane but I dont need bulk for my little weekend warrior operation.
Ha ha, even at those prices I was still WELL over the $75 minimum with my second order. I just went thru my first order and I was impressed. I got a handful of the Everest 800's coming along with more of the edgeless orange, the small drying towels and I wanted to try the chenile wash sponge for the company car.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #79
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Ha ha, even at those prices I was still WELL over the $75 minimum with my second order. I just went thru my first order and I was impressed. I got a handful of the Everest 800's coming along with more of the edgeless orange, the small drying towels and I wanted to try the chenile wash sponge for the company car.
Nice, let me know about those Everest 800 - those look very nice.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #80
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Well I ordered last Friday when I found this topic, and the order was delivered yesterday (Monday). I'm also in (southern) IL.

Gotta love the freebies. And it's supposed to be warm (50's, maybe even 60) most of next week, so I may get to clean and drive.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #81
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
Quote:
Well I am three for three. Three Friday morning orders, three Monday afternoon arrivals. Guess I am lucky to live in a location where the Priority mail is cheap and fast.

Here's my latest order:

I simply ordered the 26" x 48" Avalanche Ultra Plush Drying Towel (w/ FREE WAX KIT) which consists of an enormous plush drying towel, a 14" x 14" wax removal towel, a wax applicator with finger pockets, and a wax buffing mitt - all for $17.95 shipped to my door (cant beat it).

And as with any online order, they included freebies. This time I got a sunglass cleaning cloth, a 2" x 4" microfiber applicator and a 12" x 12" utility style towel.

Starting with the drying towel - this thing is a beast. 4' long and seems to go on forever. Very plush, soft, symmetrical and the edges are well done. Should soak up water with ease, the blot method could be done very quickly with this much towel coverage...

Specifications:
Blend: 80% Polyester / 20% Polyamide
Weight: 500 Grams per Square Meter (Premium/Luxury Grade Towel)
Borders: Hemmed Natural Edge - Professional Trim
Material: Ultra Plush Split Microfiber

Here's the wax removal towel - its a 14"x 14" version of their Miner towel which has a dual sided nap depending on how stubborn the wax residue is (very nice).

And the wax applicator with finger pockets and buffing mitt. Although the microfiber is quality, I really don't see myself using these simply because I have plenty of towels and applicators already. However, I see it being a great gift along with your favorite wax to someone just getting into shining their ride.

Again, assuming these work as advertised (which all the other towels have), then I don't have a single negative thing to say. All this for $17.95 shipped over the weekend is ridiculous.

I told you the avalanche towel is really nice. I will definitely be using the hand and mitt applicators.
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #82
camaro2ssblack

Yeah I cant get over how big it is. Folded up it looks like a bath towel...
I gave my wife the mitt for dusting delicate stuff and I am keeping the applicator for waxing tight areas.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #83
daytripper

Drives: IOM 2012 1SS m6
I ordered Friday and got my order Monday. The quality looks good.If the disgustingly horrible weather ever improves I will try them out.

Last edited by daytripper; 02-15-2014 at 12:28 PM.
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #84
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
Just got my order this evening and have to say the quality looks very good and you can't beat the prices. Took less than a week to arrive which is awesome for Alaska. Can't wait to give some of these a test run. Picked up some Everest 800, super plush, premium glass an window, premium metal polish, edge less blues, an a few others. Hope they work as good as they look.
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote