Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
red-aro

Drives: Victory Red LS
Smile Intake Questions.

Ok. So I don't know exactly how to word this for a search and I have several Questions rolled into this. Is there a noticeable difference between a cold air intake vs a "performance" factory replacement air filter? Ex:http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/k...randName=K%26N vs Ex: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/k...randName=K%26N
I know with the cold air intakes it produces a better sound during acceleration, but is the sound the only gain over the factory replacement?
My next ? is what brand to go with? There are so many die heart fans of so many brands its hard to get a good straight answer.
I really want to put a cold air intake on for the sound of it,and I like the looks of it, but I am not "allowed" to because of my warranty. ( but what they don't know wont hurt them) Just want the honest opinion of you guys and gals.
red-aro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Volume. Intakes are for air volume and don't void your warranty. Intakes also produce good power gains and fuel efficiency (call it 1-3mpg depending on your relationship with the skinny pedal). An oiled drop-in filter for your stock airbox will also reduce drag but it doesn't produce real gains... very little if any. But they're lifetime so no more spending on replacements.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
red-aro

Drives: Victory Red LS
Cool. I got the extended warranty being that it is my first car that I have purchased all on my own. The warranty people said that it wouldn't "void" the warranty, but it would void any damages caused by it. But I have never heard of any damages from a cold air intake. Oh and I could use the extra MPG!!
red-aro is offline   Reply With Quote