Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
Installing Sound Processor

Im having an issue installing an Alpine PXE-H650. Seems to be wired properly, but I am getting a ton of "Engine Noise". Tried multiple grounds, also when I go to use the imprint features it keeps restarting for some reason. I can manually set them which isnt a problem, but the engine feedback is something I cannot overcome. I really dont want to give into the Overpriced Metra Kit ($399+Head Unit), so I figured I would go with the the sound processor option. Anyone had success doing this or had any of the same issues I am having with the engine noise?Any help would be greatly appreciated. Allready have the amps installed and the speakers. Thanks for the help.
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
not that this will be any help, but I have been noticing that even with the OEM system, I have engine whine...

any chance you have/had engine noise in that signal before the Alpine integration? If you did, the Alpine might not be able to process a signal with that noise in it...? just a thought.

Oh, and the metra kit is around 225.00 - 250.00 now.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
The alpine processors have had a history of engine noise issues. I have not worked witht he imprint, but speaking from prior exp. with their procs.

I have used the bitone and Zapco DC Ref amps and had not problems with noise. also run direct into Arc audio and Zapco I-force amps with zero noise issues.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Gunmetal

Drives: Cyber Grey 1SS/RS w/Body Kit
Thanks man, may have to return the alpine. Sucks, because I got such a good deal. $209 Al and Eds.
Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote