Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
RickM

Drives: 45 ann.auto conv.
wind screen

i have a 2012 camaro ss conv. i see thy sell a wind screen for this car to keep inside cabin noise down. does this really work.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
lewihare

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertable
I just ordered one for my 2013 ZL1 Vert. Hopefully I can see a difference with it...................
lewihare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Wind screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
i have a 2012 camaro ss conv. i see thy sell a wind screen for this car to keep inside cabin noise down. does this really work.
The first thing I did when I got my car was buy the wind screen and drive from Houston to Austin (about 2 hours) with the top down. The difference for wind is definitely noticeable, especially with the windows up, and on long drives I consider it a must. It will also fit with the top up so on really nice weeks I put it in and then leave it in so I can drop the top whenever.
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Yes they do work! Going on a year and a half with ours. Take care with the fold out inserts, I hear they can break if you are not carefull.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
I like mine but typically only install it for those cooler cruising days. The GM one is the one I have, there is an aftermarket one which is primarily for looks that mounts behind the rear seat.

The GM one really does cut down on the wind and noise, especially at highway speeds. I highly recommend it.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Ive received one, and installed it.

Ive only driven with it a couple times but heres my take.

PRO's

It does indeed reduce noise considerably.

The wind is reduced a good bit (see CON)

Con's

The wind now's concentrated to just above my windshield, I am not tall by any means, 5'9" but the top wind has increased to a point it feels like it is yanking my hair when I go above 50 mph...not painful exactly, but uncomfortable. (this is without the windows up, kinda dont want to have to put the windows up as I personally think that looks dorky)

The back prongs (Swords in the manual) don't seem to be all that sturdy, wondering how well they will hold up.

Jury is still out for me, the reduced noise is definitely appreciated, but the tugging on what little hair I have left is going to take some getting used to.

Last edited by Rhyder; 06-13-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewihare View Post
I just ordered one for my 2013 ZL1 Vert. Hopefully I can see a difference with it...................
And hear the difference, too.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
It works. It is very nice on a long highway drive with the windows and the windscreen up. I would not be without one.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote