Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #57
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
GM would like to see one on every corner.
No Doubt.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #58
spd98

Drives: had a goat
You will see more SS than the previous gen just because a lot of people bought the z28 for the ls1 but didn't get full ss trim. Thats no longer an option so there will be many many more ss models on the road.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #59
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Chevrolet has sent mixed messages about this. Someone at the Indy Camaro show said they understand that Ford's Mustang strategy is a Mustang for everyone, from the low end to the very high end, and that was not theirs. Others from Chevrolet have been fired up about beating Mustang sales. The most obvious observation is that the Corvette will remain the high end sports car for Chevrolet, whereas Mustangs cover the Ford high end as well. So Chevrolet will be fortunate if Camaro beats overall Mustang sales in any given year. And with 5 years head start, it will still be a long time before Camaro's out number Mustangs on the street.

That being said, I do think the V6's have a great chance of beating Mustang V6 sales in any given year. And the SS will be fairly unique for several years to come.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #60
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Not for the first year atleast. Then watch, the second year, its going to get way more common, believe me. I know the Camaro is a little more expensive, but its sure worth it, cant go wrong with the v6, so im sure there will be maily v6s, and the v8, LS3 come on, that is just icing on the cake.
You did a damn good job General.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #61
silentbob

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
I don't think it will be the same as when the new mustangs rolled out. The economy is in a lot worse shape and you will only see a few for probably the first few years. Plus, it will take a while before all the pre orders are produced and they start showing up on the lots. I agree with what someone else said, the Challenger does seem cooler due to the fact that no one really has one. I wouldn't buy a challenger though due to the fact that Dodge could go under next week. What I don't want to happen is for a bunch of V6 Camaros flooding the streets like the mustang did. It seems like only 1 out of 10 around here are GTs or better.
silentbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #62
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Im sure most of the Camaros you will see later will be v6s, its just too good of a deal! I would like it to be less common though, but here in Toronto, there are not too many that drive around. Our cars are more pricey here, my 2LT/RS with IOM trim came just over 40 on the road. But good point, with this economy, there will be less Camaros for a while.
We should have a thread where we post all our camaros with pics!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote