Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
!? Why am I able stump my Service Technician ?!

I am at the Stealership getting my car serviced when a guy pops his head in and says "He may have the LS1, so check on that cause he may need the synthetic and that costs 99 dollars..." I drive a 2010 LS3...then I told the tech that launch control wasn't working properly and then proceeded to give him a tutorial on what launch control was. This isn't exactly instilling confidence in me regarding the well-being of my car. Why doesn't my tech know these things? I spit specs of any car even remotely close to my car's range. I dream, read, eat, sleep~ Camaro. How can you actually have your hands on scores of them and not know every little nuance? I am writing this in an attempt to resist going back there...
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
thats why i do all my own car work.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
From someone in the service business, it is very hard to know every detail about everything one services. You got to understand camaros aren't the only car they work on.
Most of the time I fine that the sales guys know more about the car then the techs. They don't worry about every little detail on a car until they have to work on it. Sure they go to training to keep up on the latest ,but they can't remember it all. These cars really haven't been out long enough for the techs to figure out all the little things that go on with them. I can understand them not really knowing about launch control ,but I do believe they should know what motor the car may have. (L99,LS3,)
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
FastEddie
Account Suspended

They just came out and asked me about the Launch Control again. I told him nevermind. I don't want them launchin' $#!+... Stock Tires for 340 bux a piece does that sound right to you guys? My car needs a lube. I'll pass on them lubing ME up...
Old 03-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
From someone in the service business, it is very hard to know every detail about everything one services. You got to understand camaros aren't the only car they work on.
Most of the time I fine that the sales guys know more about the car then the techs. They don't worry about every little detail on a car until they have to work on it. Sure they go to training to keep up on the latest ,but they can't remember it all. These cars really haven't been out long enough for the techs to figure out all the little things that go on with them. I can understand them not really knowing about launch control ,but I do believe they should know what motor the car may have. (L99,LS3,)
If only the sales people actually knew about the car then. From day one, my entire sales and service experience has been trash and mostly me educating them about the car, then doing it again, and again, and again because they really aren't listening, and then finally me not getting the service my car needs. Because they can't find a TSB on the pain chip issue...
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
FastEddie
Account Suspended

I said something about a 5 & 20 fuse pull and smoke started pouring outta their ears... Nice enough guys but dumb as stones regarding my car.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
go to another dealer.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Most are not enthusiasts that stay caught up on every little detail. As someone brings in a car they will figure it out and then be prepared for the next one that comes in. Maybe find somewhere else if you're not happy with them?
LS1hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
That sucks. 99% of the population doesn't care, so they just send your car off with some young idiot that can barely change oil. I would talk to the service manager and ask him if he could introduce me to a different mechanic who can actually talk intelligently with me concerning my car. Then he realizes you are an owner who actually does give a rats a$$. If he can't introduce you to that mechanic, there is a zillion other mechanics out there itching to work on your Camaro. Go find one you can't stump. Take your business elsewhere.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOutlaw View Post
If only the sales people actually knew about the car then. From day one, my entire sales and service experience has been trash and mostly me educating them about the car, then doing it again, and again, and again because they really aren't listening, and then finally me not getting the service my car needs. Because they can't find a TSB on the pain chip issue...
I guess I keep for getting that I deal with a place where the sales guys are on top of things and the service dept is topnotch. But even though the techs still don't always know every little detail about the cars.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
Most are not enthusiasts that stay caught up on every little detail. As someone brings in a car they will figure it out and then be prepared for the next one that comes in. Maybe find somewhere else if you're not happy with them?
The thought occurred to me. I am not here to slam them (even though I feel they deserve it) I just told them to do a engine flush and oil change. I will go to a different dealer on a different date regarding my warranty issues.(Blown speakers, PDIM update, Launch control etc.)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
I agree, my service department didn't know much about the paint chip issue and the spoiler fix until i provided it to them to properly fix my car. it is now fixed correctly but if i had not shown then the technical service bullitin i printed off of this site they would have never satisfied me.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
Stock Tires for 340 bux a piece does that sound right to you guys? My car needs a lube. I'll pass on them lubing ME up...
Pirelli's are cheaper now, around $200 each at TireRack (plus mounting, balancing etc)

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
go to another dealer.
+1 .
and do as much maintenance on your car as you can.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote